Balance & Shangrila (from emui 2.3) for JB [EMUI 1.6] [16/09/2014]

98 posts
Thanks Meter: 25

By FSRider, Member on 25th July 2014, 12:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi to all, i've edited a bit first post because was too long

However, here there are two themes for EMUI 2.3, adapted for EMUI 1.6 (Balance from P6, Shangrila from P7)

I've created these themes because i wasn't satisfied with KK roms (too laggy, poor performance), but i've found great the new UI.

So? Here the "solution", a bit of EMUI 2.3 style on the old EMUI 1.6, with the good performance of JB

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"CHANGELOGS & NEWS"

UPDATE: for both themes now i've themed system settings as on EMUI 2.3. Hope you will enjoy it

DOWNLOAD LINKS

Balance for JB: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6W...it?usp=sharing

Shangrila for JB: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6W...it?usp=sharing

SCREENSHOTS (hadn't time to update them, but apply themes.. and your system settings will be as on EMUI 2.3 )

Shangrila for EMUI 1.6:
Shangrila theme

Balance for EMUI 1.6:
Balance for JB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Home.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (159.0 KB, 663 views)
File Type: jpg Homefolder.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (119.7 KB, 510 views)
File Type: jpg unlock.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (75.9 KB, 508 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FSRider For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FSRider Ad-Free
29th July 2014, 11:38 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSRider

Recently i've downgraded to B125

Have you tried B511?
It lags less than B510, definitely.

May I ask a couple of specific questions, since you're italian, too?
  1. Why B125 and not B132? I'm asking since I had to upgrade to B132 manually: I've never seen it available online.
  2. How does GPS work on your terminal? On mine ... it simply doesn't. I've seen it almost working just a couple of times, and position was still very unreliable. I'm looking to send my terminal back to huawey since it's under warranty...

P.S.
Ottimo lavoro con quei temi!
1st August 2014, 10:36 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirl8

Have you tried B511?
It lags less than B510, definitely.

May I ask a couple of specific questions, since you're italian, too?

1. Why B125 and not B132? I'm asking since I had to upgrade to B132 manually: I've never seen it available online.
  2. How does GPS work on your terminal? On mine ... it simply doesn't. I've seen it almost working just a couple of times, and position was still very unreliable. I'm looking to send my terminal back to huawey since it's under warranty...

P.S.
Ottimo lavoro con quei temi!

Hi!

No, i haven't tried B511 or the newest B513. I hope they are lagging less and are faster than B510, which is a bit poor on performance level compared to JB (B125).

1- I've choosen B125, because i've used it for months before upgrade to B510, and i've found it fast, smooth and stable, with no bugs. Performance and battery are also really good for me . In english someone could say that B125 is "snappier" than B510.

I've not downgraded to B132 because i haven't found it on any official european huawei website. On huaweidevice.de there is B125 rom, i've downloaded it, put on my sdcard and simply downgraded (with local update on the phone) from B510 without any problems . I don't think there are significant difference between B125 and B132.. B125 is already optimized very well.

2- I've used GPS on my P6 only a couple of times. Yesterday i used it a bit (on my mtb bike), locked me pretty fast (25-30 seconds) and worked perfectly.
However i remember that one month ago i needed to use it because i don't know a road... it take a long long time to lock the position, but it wasn't accurate .
I've read a lot of bad reviews about the GPS on P6. I think the sensor it's not too good.. and metal chassis doesn't help it.
You can try with some apps like GPS Status and look if the gps sensor is searching/trying to lock gps satellites: if doesn't a reboot of device can help .
Usually if you switch on GPS and mobile data together, gps sensor will lock you faster (after the lock you can switch off mobile data).

Hope that we will receive a good KK update, because the new UI it's great, but for me, at the moment performance are too bad compared to JB.

Hi
1st August 2014, 11:02 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I've tried almost everything for GPS but seen it working reasonably well just a couple of times.
The only way to have a decent GPS navigation is an external bluetooth GPS antenna (together with Bluetooth GPS app).

As far as KitKat is concerned, I also switched back to 4.2.2. Performance with B511 is better than B510, and power management is also good. By the way there are still problems (cell connection dropping, problems with corporate WiFi, and other minor related to EMUI) and limitations that got me back to previous firmware.

Thank you very much!
1st August 2014, 11:03 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirl8

No significant differences, indeed.
Maybe B132 drains a little less power but it could definitely be just a placebo effect.

What about GPS on your terminal? Mine is horrible.

Added reply (edit my previous post) just a minute ago

Generally it's working good, but sometimes simply it doesn't lock or find my position
19th August 2014, 06:01 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
A little update (really few changes, only some app icons) for my theme
24th August 2014, 07:16 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
Added Shangrila theme, from P7 KK EMUI 2.3 ROM. Hope you will enjoy it

Shangrila for JB 1.0
- As for balance theme, i've extracted icons from P7 theme, resized for 720p P6 screen and checked/adapted for EMUI 1.6
[I'm thinking about try to import also shangrila widget style, but some elements of EMUI 1.6 aren't in EMUI 2.3, so missing widget parts/icons could be a problem.. but if i have time i will try ]
31st August 2014, 10:14 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
The unlock animation would be great. This is the best thing in the kk themes.( I am on JB as well , 510/11 was draining my battery so fast and it was slower than JB)
16th September 2014, 12:10 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Little update.. now system settings are themed as on EMUI 2.3 and KK roms

(P.S. Can i delete some "update/up" posts? Because i write a post when i update themes, but.. the thread become longer every time and it's useless..)
The Following User Says Thank You to FSRider For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FSRider Ad-Free
16th September 2014, 04:04 PM |#10  
Flag Lepe
Thanks Meter: 331

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSRider

Little update.. now system settings are themed as on EMUI 2.3 and KK roms

(P.S. Can i delete some "update/up" posts? Because i write a post when i update themes, but.. the thread become longer every time and it's useless..)

Thanks...please,could you put a screenshot of that you modified ?

I downloaded the theme and applying don't see change.
16th September 2014, 04:24 PM |#11  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodante

Thanks...please,could you put a screenshot of that you modified ?

I downloaded the theme and applying don't see change.

As said in previous post, i've only added/themed system settings with icons from EMUI 2.3

Please, delete the old balance or shangrila theme, and only after have done this, put on your phone memory newer themes
(sometimes, theme manager delete themes if they have the same name)

If it doesn't work/change let me know and i will check, but it's strange.. i've simply copied themes from my phone memory and share them on google drive.

Here you can see the change:

The Following User Says Thank You to FSRider For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FSRider Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apps

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)