[HOW-TO][GUIDE] Downgrade 4.4 -> 4.2 / Change from Chinese to International ROM

Search This thread

ThunderBird891

Dec 6, 2011
Sofia
Since everybody knows how to upgrade OTA or from LOCAL UPGRADE and go from 4.2 to 4.4 I've decided to let you know how to easily downgrade from 4.4 to 4.2 AND / OR change from Chinese to International Huawei Firmware!

The method I describe here, I've found in some German forums after long search. It really works! 100% tested on my device Ascend P6-U06!

!!! CAUTION !!!
Before you begin, you must be sure you have STOCK recovery, NOT TWRP one!!! This flashable files work and can be flashed only thru STOCK recovery!
If you have TWRP recovery and don't know how to go back to STOCK one, look the SECOND POST in THIS thread and follow the steps there, before you begin this procedure! ONLY after you're done with turning back your STOCK recovery and you're sure of that, you can continue with the following steps:

To Downgrade from Android 4.4 to Android 4.2 / Switch from Chinese to International ROM, do the following:

1. Download this (Unicom 2.0 Downgrade Flashable ZIP) and flash it thru STOCK RECOVERY - https://mega.co.nz/#!ZYVixBqa!JNMLRB2DUVKlGpZVqPJbIsdbVPijks7r1Mtk46KGrmE
This is a 240MB archive, also known as Unicom 2.0 - something like ROM, but it is not an entire ROM, but just part of it, that must be flashed thru stock recovery. You must unzip it, take the dload folder that is inside and put it on you sdcard. Than you can flash it like a local update thru the updater, or you can forcefully flash it - pres power+ volume down+ volume up and it will take you directly to flashing updates thru stock recovery. When you flashed it, you can once again boot normally into you Android device. Now you must take dload folder from the B132 zip (from the link below), once again put it on your sdcard and flash it again using the same methods again thru stock recovery. The cool thing is that the first little flashable zip allows you not just to downgrade from 4.4 to 4.2, but also change from China to International ROMs. So when you're finished flashing this thru stock recovery, flash the official international B125 or B132, wait for the system to install and boot into android. When it is finally booted, you can flash B510 or B512/513 - whatever you want. In my case when I downgraded to B132, after the first boot the system prompted me, that it can be updated directly to B520 OTA. I've updated and now I am once again with International firmware​

2. Download this (B132 International 4.2 Firmware) and flash it thru STOCK RECOVERY ONLY if you already flashed the file in the step above! - https://mega.co.nz/#!5JkAzKpB!nFqfHIHfWo6EO4XPqjO3Gga6a3XWWnqqZxZDZpzAdWE

3. Boot into Official Huawei Android 4.2 firmware and check for update OTA. If you have one - install it. If you don't - you can flash B510 or B512/513/etc...

Enjoy International firmware line again! This method can also be used just to downgrade form Android 4.4 to Android 4.2!
Files are not flashable thru TWRP - please, use ONLY Stock Recovery!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please, hit THANKS, if this thread helped you!

Last edited:

blueIBI

Jun 9, 2012
question: which stock recovery should i take if i have b635 (there is no available official b635 rom - only repack)..
i want to downgrade because i want to get the b520 fw..

maybe you have an advice..

thanks in advance..

ThunderBird891

Dec 6, 2011
Sofia
question: which stock recovery should i take if i have b635 (there is no available official b635 rom - only repack)..

thanks in advance..

Just try with the stock B510 recovery from the second post in the TWRP recovery theme! I think stock recovery is the same for all 4.4 ROMs and it doesn't matter which one. I recommend the one that I told you about! Should work! I was with Chinese B706 ROM and TWRP. To downgrade I've flashed the B510 stock recovery first and then - step by step as I wrote above.

Reactions: blueIBI

ThunderBird891

Dec 6, 2011
Sofia
thanks..will try to do that..

I have a question for you - I see that you modified the .prop file for the local channel, to get louder sound in headphones (from your signature). I've tried to do this today, but when I try to modify the file every time it says - cannot save changes, file cannot be modified, changes not saved! I have root and I've mounted / and /system as writable! I can edit build.pro without any problem and save the changes, but this file - I can't! How did you edited it and how can I edit it too?

Thank you!

blueIBI

Jun 9, 2012
did not work for me..

i made the following:

flashed stock recovery from b510
took a fresh 4gb sdcard with dload folder on it..inside this folder was the update.app from the unicom rom..
then turned off device..
then pressed power,vol + & - together and held it 'til the recovery screen with yellow writing appeared..
it started to flash..but on the point where the verlist check begins it tells me "fail"!!!..

so what to do now???

i know this procedure..did it with the b506 rom and it worked..but with the b635 rom it won't work..

ThunderBird891

Dec 6, 2011
Sofia
did not work for me..

i made the following:

flashed stock recovery from b510
took a fresh 4gb sdcard with dload folder on it..inside this folder was the update.app from the unicom rom..
then turned off device..
then pressed power,vol + & - together and held it 'til the recovery screen with yellow writing appeared..
it started to flash..but on the point where the verlist check begins it tells me "fail"!!!..

so what to do now???

i know this procedure..did it with the b506 rom and it worked..but with the b635 rom it won't work..

Try to flash B706 Chinese EMUI 3.0 new Development edition ROM from the official Huawei web site. If you flash it over the B635 successfully, then you must be able to do this procedure to turn back into international line of ROMs and to B132 4.2 ROM. after that you can flash B510 again. Try this method! I'm pretty sure that it will be possible to flash B706 directly over B635, even than that in the official website it is recommended to update only from B508SP02 official chinese rom. I had success with updating directly to B706 from B512, but if you can't go from B635, try to flash B508SP02 first, than B706 and than downgrade! Should work! Good Luck!

Last edited:

blueIBI

Jun 9, 2012
got it..

i just had to flash the b125!!!
so easy..i just flashed the stock recovery of b510..made a force update with the b125 (not the p6 unicom 2.0!!!!)..and now i just upgrade my p6 to b520 via OTA!!!

thanks for your help and time!

macklon

Oct 19, 2014
Try to flash B706 Chinese EMUI 3.0 new Development edition ROM from the official Huawei web site. If you flash it over the B635 successfully, then you must be able to do this procedure to turn back into international line of ROMs and to B132 4.2 ROM. after that you can flash B510 again. Try this method! I'm pretty sure that it will be possible to flash B706 directly over B635, even than that in the official website it is recommended to update only from B508SP02 official chinese rom. I had success with updating directly to B706 from B512, but if you can't go from B635, try to flash B508SP02 first, than B706 and than downgrade! Should work! Good Luck!
You installed the b706 on b512 ??
Why did they say that to upgrade only on b508
After installing are you facing any problems
Plz reply

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06

ThunderBird891

Dec 6, 2011
Sofia
You installed the b706 on b512 ??
Why did they say that to upgrade only on b508
After installing are you facing any problems
Plz reply

No. No problems at all. I think just the upgrade took a little while that usual but it flashed like charm over the B512 without any problems! I think the flashing from B508 is just a recommendation, because the B508SP02 is the latest chinese ROM, and this B706 is Chinese developers edition...

Reactions: macklon

macklon

Oct 19, 2014
No. No problems at all. I think just the upgrade took a little while that usual but it flashed like charm over the B512 without any problems! I think the flashing from B508 is just a recommendation, because the B508SP02 is the latest chinese ROM, and this B706 is Chinese developers edition...

So from b512 to b706 with dload and update

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Which Rom are you using pltl

ThunderBird891

Dec 6, 2011
Sofia
So from b512 to b706 with dload and update

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Which Rom are you using pltl

That's right! Download the official B706 from Huawei EMUI website, unzip it, put the dload folder in you sdcard and then i recomend to make Local update first. If it doesn't want to update thru local update option in the Update Application, then try with forceful update - press and hold power + volume up + volume down and wait until phone boots into stock recovery mode! The update can only be done with stock recovery! If you're on TWRP, that you must go back to stock!

Reactions: macklon

macklon

Oct 19, 2014
**** :mad: uc browser sucks
I kept to download b508 due to some problem I have to pause it only 36mb was remaining and when I resumed it showed a error was not able to resume the download so I re downloaded the b508 it got downloaded now
So kept to download b706 the same thing happened only 50mb was remaining for the download to complete it showed a error again but this time I did even pause **** :mad:
And now someone told me we can update b706 on b512 no need of b508 :mad::mad::mad:****
Today ill download b706 on chrome:)

gabrymed

Dec 3, 2014
Modena
Hi,in my Huawei Ascend P6-U06 i installed firmware B513+EMUI 2.3.
I tried to downgrade with this method but it fails when i flash Unicom 2.0 (i follow the instructions:download it..unzip then put UPDATE.app in dload folder of my sdcard).When i flash it,itfails(i have Stock Recovery,never installed TWRP).
Is this method valid also for B513+EMUI2.3?Or maybe i've done something wrong?:confused:
Any help is very appreciate..Thanks

ThunderBird891

Dec 6, 2011
Sofia
Hi,in my Huawei Ascend P6-U06 i installed firmware B513+EMUI 2.3.
I tried to downgrade with this method but it fails when i flash Unicom 2.0 (i follow the instructions:download it..unzip then put UPDATE.app in dload folder of my sdcard).When i flash it,itfails(i have Stock Recovery,never installed TWRP).
Is this method valid also for B513+EMUI2.3?Or maybe i've done something wrong?:confused:
Any help is very appreciate..Thanks

Try to flash it forceful with holding all buttons together, or try to copy not only the update.app, but the whole dload folder from the archive. If it's not working, just try to flash B510 or B512 on top of B513 - this should work. After that you can try to downgrade to 4.2 again with the same method!

Reactions: gabrymed

gabrymed

Dec 3, 2014
Modena
Try to flash it forceful with holding all buttons together, or try to copy not only the update.app, but the whole dload folder from the archive. If it's not working, just try to flash B510 or B512 on top of B513 - this should work. After that you can try to downgrade to 4.2 again with the same method!
Thanks for your help!
Cause i'm a newbie,i explain you step by step what i've done:
I follow carefully your instructions(part 1),i try to flash it with local update,but i get message "fail"
After that,in stock recovery,i didn't reboot,but i move to option "apply update from external storage" and after a few seconds i have messages:
-wiping cache (at package request)...
-formatting cache
-cache wipe complete
-install from sd card complete
-cust copying files
-copy cust files successed!

It means that the process has been successful ???:confused: If yes then i proceed to downgrade...
If no,i'll try with your advice to flash B510 or B512 on top of B513...

ThunderBird891

Dec 6, 2011
Sofia
Thanks for your help!
Cause i'm a newbie,i explain you step by step what i've done:
I follow carefully your instructions(part 1),i try to flash it with local update,but i get message "fail"
After that,in stock recovery,i didn't reboot,but i move to option "apply update from external storage" and after a few seconds i have messages:
-wiping cache (at package request)...
-formatting cache
-cache wipe complete
-install from sd card complete
-cust copying files
-copy cust files successed!

It means that the process has been successful ???:confused: If yes then i proceed to downgrade...
If no,i'll try with your advice to flash B510 or B512 on top of B513...

The process is successful! You must now reboot an go in your android. Now you can copy the other firmware (b510) to your dload folder in sdcard and then try to downgrade! It should work fine!!!

gabrymed

Dec 3, 2014
Modena
The process is successful! You must now reboot an go in your android. Now you can copy the other firmware (b510) to your dload folder in sdcard and then try to downgrade! It should work fine!!!

Ok,downgraded with success! Now i receive an OTA upgrade to western europe B520 but i think i'll wait for the moment...
Thanks ThunderBird for your help,very appreciate!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since everybody knows how to upgrade OTA or from LOCAL UPGRADE and go from 4.2 to 4.4 I've decided to let you know how to easily downgrade from 4.4 to 4.2 AND / OR change from Chinese to International Huawei Firmware!

The method I describe here, I've found in some German forums after long search. It really works! 100% tested on my device Ascend P6-U06!

!!! CAUTION !!!
    Before you begin, you must be sure you have STOCK recovery, NOT TWRP one!!! This flashable files work and can be flashed only thru STOCK recovery!
    If you have TWRP recovery and don't know how to go back to STOCK one, look the SECOND POST in THIS thread and follow the steps there, before you begin this procedure! ONLY after you're done with turning back your STOCK recovery and you're sure of that, you can continue with the following steps:

To Downgrade from Android 4.4 to Android 4.2 / Switch from Chinese to International ROM, do the following:

1. Download this (Unicom 2.0 Downgrade Flashable ZIP) and flash it thru STOCK RECOVERY - https://mega.co.nz/#!ZYVixBqa!JNMLRB2DUVKlGpZVqPJbIsdbVPijks7r1Mtk46KGrmE
    This is a 240MB archive, also known as Unicom 2.0 - something like ROM, but it is not an entire ROM, but just part of it, that must be flashed thru stock recovery. You must unzip it, take the dload folder that is inside and put it on you sdcard. Than you can flash it like a local update thru the updater, or you can forcefully flash it - pres power+ volume down+ volume up and it will take you directly to flashing updates thru stock recovery. When you flashed it, you can once again boot normally into you Android device. Now you must take dload folder from the B132 zip (from the link below), once again put it on your sdcard and flash it again using the same methods again thru stock recovery. The cool thing is that the first little flashable zip allows you not just to downgrade from 4.4 to 4.2, but also change from China to International ROMs. So when you're finished flashing this thru stock recovery, flash the official international B125 or B132, wait for the system to install and boot into android. When it is finally booted, you can flash B510 or B512/513 - whatever you want. In my case when I downgraded to B132, after the first boot the system prompted me, that it can be updated directly to B520 OTA. I've updated and now I am once again with International firmware​

2. Download this (B132 International 4.2 Firmware) and flash it thru STOCK RECOVERY ONLY if you already flashed the file in the step above! - https://mega.co.nz/#!5JkAzKpB!nFqfHIHfWo6EO4XPqjO3Gga6a3XWWnqqZxZDZpzAdWE

3. Boot into Official Huawei Android 4.2 firmware and check for update OTA. If you have one - install it. If you don't - you can flash B510 or B512/513/etc...

Enjoy International firmware line again! This method can also be used just to downgrade form Android 4.4 to Android 4.2!
    Files are not flashable thru TWRP - please, use ONLY Stock Recovery!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please, hit THANKS, if this thread helped you!
    seems to be a tricky thing for me
    now i am trying to connect my phone with pc (till now not recognized)
    i have also downloaded Huawei-Mobile-Driver_v1.0 for P6
    but the main issue it's that i hae problem with the USB from phone

If you can use adb then type this 'adb reboot-bootloader' whitout the quotes and you should make the phone boot in bootloader mode. If all goes ok then check if the phone is stuck on HUAWEI ASCEND P6 screen and connect it to your pc with Usb cable. Then om command line type fastboot devices. If nothing shows up then you need to reinstall the drivers.

Sent from my SM-G850F using xda app-developers app

thanks in advance..

Just try with the stock B510 recovery from the second post in the TWRP recovery theme! I think stock recovery is the same for all 4.4 ROMs and it doesn't matter which one. I recommend the one that I told you about! Should work! I was with Chinese B706 ROM and TWRP. To downgrade I've flashed the B510 stock recovery first and then - step by step as I wrote above.
    UP!
    Moderators, please consider to make this thread sticky / important! Thank you!