[ZE620KL] Zenfone 5 2018 UNLOCK BOOTLOADER & ROOT & TWRP

Search This thread

Renaf2

UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ZENFONE 5 2018 [ZE620KL]

Watch the Attachments to see the Unlock Bootloader Message on Boot

This Steps Reset your phone

Go on Asus Support Web Page here : https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-5-ZE620KL/HelpDesk_Download/

Select " Android "

Download : " Unlock Device App: Unlock boot loader "

Install the apk into your device and follow the steps

if you have any problem go into stock recovery ( volume down + power button ) and Factory Reset and retry to unlock bootloader with the app

ROOT ZENFONE 5 2018 [ZE620KL]

You absolutely need adb and fastboot installed on your computer go to search 15 minutes adb & fastboot installer or others adb & fastboot installer

Go on Asus Support Web Page here : https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-5-ZE620KL/HelpDesk_Download/

Select " Android "

Download : The Version of Stock Firmware that you use actually

Extract on your computer the boot.img

Copy the boot.img into your device memorie

Install Magisk Manager.apk on your Device

Open Magisk Manager

Click on Install and Install once again

Select Patch boot.img

Select your boot.img into your device memorie And Ok

Finally you have a patched_boot.img into The file " Magisk Manager " into your device memorie

Copy the patched_boot.img into your device memorie to see him when you copy it on your computer

Copy the patched_boot.img on your adb folder on your computer

Plug your Device into Fastboot Mod at your computer

Open the power shell windows into adb folder

tape " fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img "

tape " fastboot reboot "

You are rooted

UNOFFICIAL TWRP [ZE620KL]

Warning i haven't test this TWRP if you try can you reply

If You can Read Taiwanese you can follow steps to Format Data etc ....

Link : https://medium.com/@shakalaca/zenfone-twrp-3-2-1-for-zenfone-5-ze620kl-fc234b8d086

Flash TWRP 3.2.1.0 .img with adb and fastboot ( you can just boot on it for first : fastboot boot recovery.img )

Flash Force Encryption Disabler ZE620KL .ZIP

Enjoy ;)

Thanks to Shakalaca

Shakalaca 's Github : https://github.com/shakalaca/android_device_asus_X00Q

Attachments

• 20180507_230739.jpg
    20180507_230739.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 9,580
  • Screenshot_20180507-221524.jpg
    Screenshot_20180507-221524.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 8,462
  • Screenshot_20180507-211258.jpg
    Screenshot_20180507-211258.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 8,496
  • Screenshot_20180507-232808.jpg
    Screenshot_20180507-232808.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 7,805
  • Screenshot_20180507-232815.jpg
    Screenshot_20180507-232815.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 7,131
Last edited:

temporarium

This is the reply I received from ASUS:
Here is the bootloader http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Ze...71.1602527222.1525803528-691235045.1507666740 for the ZenFone 5 (ZE620KL)

I am not able to locate one for the zenfone 5z (zs620kl).

1. Update your software image to V15.0616.1803.8_M3.5.11.16 or latest version
2. Before you download, install, and use the Unlock Device App you acknowledge and assume complete risk to the quality and performance of this App, including but not limited to the following: once you activate the App you will not be able to recover your ASUS product (“Original Product”) back to original locked conditions; the Original Product with the activated App will not be deemed the Original Product; the Revised Product will no longer be covered under the warranty of the Original Product; the software of Revised Product will no longer be deemed the software of the Original Product and can no longer receive ASUS software updates; your purchased digital content may also be affected.

You also acknowledge ASUS does not guarantee service satisfaction to any Revised Product, including events involving paid service requested by you to be performed to the Revised Product.
Furthermore, such repaired Revised Product will not be covered under the warranty of the Original Product; the software of the repaired Revised Product will not be deemed the software of the Original Product and will not receive ASUS software updates.
It is strongly advised that you avoid activating this App unless you fully understand and accept the risks that may arise.

Reactions: GSPD and lovetezza

grodri19721

Sep 30, 2012
cant find the unlock bootloader app?

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

nevermind i found it

grodri19721

Sep 30, 2012
not many people with these phones i should be getting mine today coming from Sony Experia Premium xz

renejr902

Sep 2, 2013
Sorry its a little off topics.
I have 2 questions.
1. Did you test the maximum nits Brightness in manual mode with a light sensor, if yes Whats the max Brightness? Thanks
2. The Zenfone 4 LCD screen has A LOT of motion blur and smearing while web browsing et 2d Games like sonic and Mario Games. Do you see these problems on the Zenfone 5 LCD screen ? Thanks ( Note that my Sony XZ1, Huawei P10 Plus , Idol3, Nexus 5, LG G4 dont have this problem, only the Zenfone 4) im Very interested to Buy a ASUS Zenfone 5 and root it ;)

laurentl13320

May 17, 2018
Great tutorial.
I do have a couple of questions. Is it possible to get ride of the warning logo after having unlocked the bootloader? and is it possible to re-lock the bootloader?

AhsanU

Sep 27, 2013
NYC
A clean more stock version of Android on the 5Z would make the phone near perfect.

Hopefully we'll be able to unlock the bootloader for the 5Z as well. Time will tell.

grodri19721

Sep 30, 2012
If we unlock bootloader and root would we lose system updates and if relock bootloader would we lose root?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ZENFONE 5 2018 [ZE620KL]

Watch the Attachments to see the Unlock Bootloader Message on Boot

This Steps Reset your phone

Select " Android "

Download : " Unlock Device App: Unlock boot loader "

Install the apk into your device and follow the steps

if you have any problem go into stock recovery ( volume down + power button ) and Factory Reset and retry to unlock bootloader with the app

ROOT ZENFONE 5 2018 [ZE620KL]

You absolutely need adb and fastboot installed on your computer go to search 15 minutes adb & fastboot installer or others adb & fastboot installer

Select " Android "

Download : The Version of Stock Firmware that you use actually

Extract on your computer the boot.img

Copy the boot.img into your device memorie

Install Magisk Manager.apk on your Device

Open Magisk Manager

Click on Install and Install once again

Select Patch boot.img

Select your boot.img into your device memorie And Ok

Finally you have a patched_boot.img into The file " Magisk Manager " into your device memorie

Copy the patched_boot.img into your device memorie to see him when you copy it on your computer

Copy the patched_boot.img on your adb folder on your computer

Plug your Device into Fastboot Mod at your computer

Open the power shell windows into adb folder

tape " fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img "

tape " fastboot reboot "

You are rooted

UNOFFICIAL TWRP [ZE620KL]

Warning i haven't test this TWRP if you try can you reply

If You can Read Taiwanese you can follow steps to Format Data etc ....

Link : https://medium.com/@shakalaca/zenfone-twrp-3-2-1-for-zenfone-5-ze620kl-fc234b8d086

Flash TWRP 3.2.1.0 .img with adb and fastboot ( you can just boot on it for first : fastboot boot recovery.img )

Flash Force Encryption Disabler ZE620KL .ZIP

Enjoy ;)

Thanks to Shakalaca

Shakalaca 's Github : https://github.com/shakalaca/android_device_asus_X00Q
    Great tutorial.
    I do have a couple of questions. Is it possible to get ride of the warning logo after having unlocked the bootloader? and is it possible to re-lock the bootloader?

fastboot oem reset-dev_info
    This is the reply I received from ASUS:
    Here is the bootloader http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Ze...71.1602527222.1525803528-691235045.1507666740 for the ZenFone 5 (ZE620KL)

I am not able to locate one for the zenfone 5z (zs620kl).

1. Update your software image to V15.0616.1803.8_M3.5.11.16 or latest version
    2. Before you download, install, and use the Unlock Device App you acknowledge and assume complete risk to the quality and performance of this App, including but not limited to the following: once you activate the App you will not be able to recover your ASUS product (“Original Product”) back to original locked conditions; the Original Product with the activated App will not be deemed the Original Product; the Revised Product will no longer be covered under the warranty of the Original Product; the software of Revised Product will no longer be deemed the software of the Original Product and can no longer receive ASUS software updates; your purchased digital content may also be affected.

You also acknowledge ASUS does not guarantee service satisfaction to any Revised Product, including events involving paid service requested by you to be performed to the Revised Product.
    Furthermore, such repaired Revised Product will not be covered under the warranty of the Original Product; the software of the repaired Revised Product will not be deemed the software of the Original Product and will not receive ASUS software updates.
    It is strongly advised that you avoid activating this App unless you fully understand and accept the risks that may arise.
    Anyone with solid info on whether this can safely be done AFTER rooting?

If so, does root stay after re-locking the bootloader?

Before relocking bootloader make sure you un-root, root will not be retain if you locked your bootloader, then follow this link--- to flash STOCK OS-[DOWNGRADE][ZE620KL] Firmware Downgrade for ZenFone 5 (2018):By Saktis.

after booting, click debugging and reboot bootloader and then do--- fastboot oem force-reset.

It will prompt you to put your password, just power off and press down button and screen will pop up says erasing, after that, your back to stock FIRMWARE, no root and bootloader locked.

Hope this helps:good:
    actually I just tried to relock my device with the line you provided me. Fastboot accepts the command, however the bootloader is still unlocked when I checked his status, and the warning logo still there.
    Any idea?

That's wired .. try 'fastboot oem force-reset' instead ?
    What's your ROM version ?