sending 'recovery' (14666 KB)...
OKAY [  0.490s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  0.873s]
finished. total time: 1.369s

>fastboot reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.004s

But, when I go to recovery mode I noticed the fastboot doesn't install TWRP... And when I try fastboot getkey unlocked I get this result:
Code:
>fastboot getvar unlocked
unlocked: no
finished. total time: 0.003s
PLEASE HELP? I followed step by step your "How-To", but I'm stuck in this step... :(

And, just to clarify, when I was repartitoning my device, I don't select "vendor", it's disabled by default... It's ok?

So when I unlock the bootloader and install twrp, everything looks fine:
Code:
>fastboot oem unlock
(bootloader) Start unlock flow

OKAY [ 11.611s]
finished. total time: 11.614s

>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
target reported max download size of 134217728 bytes
sending 'recovery' (14666 KB)...
OKAY [  0.490s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  0.873s]
finished. total time: 1.369s

>fastboot reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.004s

But, when I go to recovery mode I noticed the fastboot doesn't install TWRP... And when I try fastboot getkey unlocked I get this result:
Code:
>fastboot getvar unlocked
unlocked: no
finished. total time: 0.003s
PLEASE HELP? I followed step by step your "How-To", but I'm stuck in this step... :(

And, just to clarify, when I was repartitoning my device, I don't select "vendor", it's disabled by default... It's ok?

Yeah, anomalies of failed installs pop out from time to time. Usually retrying the repartition fixes the issue with that.
And for the /vendor... I'm not sure. The thing is, the repartitioned scatter uses 5.1 or stock as its ROM, and 5.1 AFAIK doesn't use /vendor partition to keep it's kernel and another stuff goodness(it was kept in /system), but the 8.0 versions and above do use the /vendor partition.
As an answer to both questions - try ticking the /vendor when repartitioning, I may be wrong but it should tell the device to make the /vendor partition that way. Worst case scenario, ask about in 4PDA forums(link is in the bottom of OP). Those guys made this, not me, so they know a LOT more than I do. All I did here is try to make this available for English users who barely speak Russian :eek:.

bensy1899

Oct 12, 2018
My zc500tg's screen can't touch on any 6.0 custom rom and this twrp ,but it can touch on resurrection remix 5.5.9 and twrp 3.0 by Jemmini

TonyTheWonderer

Jul 24, 2018
I'm new to this...

Can you please tell me when to connect the phone to the computer and do I need it to be in download mode?

chinsa0002

Dec 10, 2018
Hi :) my kernel version didn't change, is it normal or not ? Did I have to jump to another steps ? Or do again the nvram process? btw my kernel version is 3.10.72 but when i saw the screenshots in Russian site it was 3.18+ ...
Tnx for the help btw

Andhika24kd

Jan 28, 2017
Jakarta
I'm able to do all the steps above but after flashing TWRP recovery and rebooting it again, it says that TWRP can't mount the data partition. Now, whenever I want to reboot the phone, it always goes to TWRP (not to the OS) saying that it cant mount the data partition. What should I do now? I already set a pin/password on the OS anyway

SOLVED: Release the battery to power off the phone, hold volume up and power button to boot it again, this will bring you to a menu to choose between recovery/bootloader/android. Choose recovery, you will boot to TWRP without it complaining about data partition error, then you can wipe the data partition from there so TWRP will be able to mount the data partition (note: this will erase your app data)

Last edited:

leejiseung123

Sep 9, 2017
Woooooah,. I was having a hard time understanding the tutorial. But atlast.

Woooooah. Definitely i am smart now. Just joking. overall is good. <3
Just finished the tutorial now. And I feel that this ROM will be good <3:laugh::laugh::laugh:

wanamir_

Dec 23, 2018
OEM unlocking

Hi, about the enabling OEM unlocking button, is it in the phone or in the fastboot in laptop

leejiseung123

Sep 9, 2017
Hi, about the enabling OEM unlocking button, is it in the phone or in the fastboot in laptop

Actually, you need first to downgrade your asus firmware to version 25 maybe I forgot. Or maybe it is already attached on the post.
Then you can find OEM Unlock at Developer Settings (OEM Unlocked can't be found on latest firmwares.)

leejiseung123

Sep 9, 2017
I found BUGS, but it is not that worst.

Sim Card is not found
When you use another SMS App, and when you create a message, the app don't display what SIM did you use, instead it displays that message.
I still didn't tried to use only 1 SIM, but when 2 SIMS are online, that bug shows up.
If you don't want this bug, then use the default SMS app, send a message there, then use the alternative sms app.:eek::eek::p;);)

Can't switch to Viper4AndroidFX
Well, it's okay for me if it's not working. HAHAHAHA. Still having fun with the normal Equalizer.

When you use Chrome, and you download a file. And there is a memory card (or without?)
I forgot how to solve it. But it was actually about the PERMISSIONS. It's best for you to check the settings for it. Check the CHROME settings or the SYSTEM SETTINGS.

For now, these are the minor bugs. But it doesn't matter

wanamir_

Dec 23, 2018
Actually, you need first to downgrade your asus firmware to version 25 maybe I forgot. Or maybe it is already attached on the post.
Then you can find OEM Unlock at Developer Settings (OEM Unlocked can't be found on latest firmwares.)

So, do you have any idea how to downgrade my asus firmware? Pls give me the tips

choky_blackswan

Apr 8, 2014
YOGYAKARTA
storage become 4gb? and battery shown as 1000mah

i have tried this guide, and successfully upgade even to pie rom, but i little bit confused, first our internal storage just shown about 4gb free but in the setting/ show 8gb with usage detail

and then i try to check battery and it just shown as 1000mah, even i try to replace with new battery the result is same, are these bug in the rom oreo later or i have do any mistake??

dropdeadgoogle

Aug 4, 2014
This method can't install oreo using the zip file provided because..
1. TWERP recovery does not recognise the contents of that zip file as a TWERP backup. TWERP will only look for a backup in a folder that carries the serial number of your own phone, a backup made in a different phone will carry the serial number of that particular phone.
2. And even if you rename the folder to carry the serial number of your own phone it still won't work because an essential file is missing from ZC500TG_Kernel_V12_1_0_25.zip. That zip file doesn't include a "recovery.log" file and so TWERP will not list anything to restore.
Are the missing instructions given on the Russian site?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I saw there in the forum 4pda that are doing roms project treble pro zenfone go, only that I can not understand the mode of installation, you know how?

Yeah, it is possible -
    • FIrstly you'd need a vendor image that has fixed RIL(telephony) - vendor off this thread's 8.1 has RIL broken in Treble ROMs.
    • Luckily you can get it off any 8.1 custom ROM off ska-vova in 4pda. Just download any of his .zips(i.e. his ResurrectionRemix ROM(which imo is just official ResRemix with their Russian preference for a browser, but fine)), flash them and then backup the /vendor off it(and /boot for good measure)
    • Buuuuut then you need a TWRP that supports system image flashing - not sure if the one I provided here has it, if it hasn't - I'll post it here.
    • Then all you need to do is flash the Treble image, restore the /vendor(and /boot if you need to) and hope for the best!

Sadly the Havoc OS 2.0, the only ARM A-Only Pie-based ROM available here didn't work for me - just straight bootloops.
    Your mileage may vary - if you get the Havoc OS 2.0 instaled, I'd love to read about it.
    Hello people of XDA,
    as I promised here, here's a tutorial for getting Android Oreo 8.1 up and running to your device.

NOTE: I DID NOT MAKE THIS TUTORIAL! This is a translated guide from 4PDA by nik-kst. I've also rehosted some of the files on Google Drive so you won't have to register on 4PDA(hopefully).
    Code:
    [B]Your warranty is now void. [/B]
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Now that the disclaimer is dealt with, let's get on with this tutorial shall we?

First things first, we need to grab a bunch of things:

Once you have everything setup and extracted, you're ready to go!

First, we gotta go ahead and install VCOM drivers - we won't be able to do anything to our phone without them.
    1. If you're running Windows 8/10, make sure to disable Driver Signature Verification.
    2. Go to Device Manager, click Action at the top and click Add legacy hardware. A new wizard window will appear.
    3. Choose Install the hardware that I manually select from a list(Advanced);
    4. In the next window, choose Show all devices and click Next, then click Have disk...
    5. Then you will be prompted to direct to the driver install info, so click Browse...
    6. Now go to the folder of drivers and select the Setup Information file that's fitting for your computer, x86 for 32-bit and x64 for 64-bit.
    7. You should now find 5 new devices in the list, add them one by one by repeating steps 2 to 6 until you have all of them installed.
    8. Windows might complain about unsigned drivers, just allow their installation and proceed.
    If your ports list looks similar to the picture below, then you're set for the next step!
    UiUset6.png

Next, we'll want to back up the NVRAM partition, because AFAIK, it keeps important unique data about your device such as WiFi, IMEI etc. data.
    Note: You may want to take out your MicroSD card and SIM cards prior to this just in case. Also, might be the possible fix if readback for NVRAM fails(needs confirmation).
    1. First, open up Flashtool.exe as admin and go to Readback tab;
    2. Click on Add, a new item in the list will appear. You want to double-click on it, so that a Save File window would appear.
    3. Save that file anywhere you want, name it whatever you like, for convenience I've named mine ROM_NVRAM.
    4. Now, you'll want to find the address in the memory for NVRAM partition. To do this, open up the stock firmware(credit to fca.sjc) scatter file in a text editor(like Notepad++), and find line partition_name: nvram
    5. In that paragraph, find two values: linear_start_addr and partition_size they should be 0x380000 and 0x500000 respectively.
    6. Punch in those values into the Readback block start address window, so it should look something like this:
      svBWStP.png
    7. Now, click Read Back, it should gray out along with Add and Remove.
    8. Now, turn off your device, pull out the battery for about 30 seconds, reinsert it and DO NOT TURN IT ON YET! With the Volume Down "-" button pressed, plug in your device into the USB port.
    9. The NVRAM partition should've been read and you'll get a giant green tick sign when it's done.

Now that that's done, we can start repartitioning our device.
    1. Make sure your SP FlashTool is running as admin, otherwise restart it as admin.
    2. Open up the Download tab and in the line Scatter-loading File click Choose and navigate to the 8.1 scatter file, it should be named MT6580_Android_scatter_8.1.txt.
    3. From the dropdown list, select Format All + Download.
    4. Again, take out the battery for 30 seconds and put it back in WITHOUT turning it back on.
    5. Now click Download, and with the Volume down "-" button held down, plug the device into your PC. There should be a bunch of colored progress bars at the bottom of the window.
    6. Once it's done, you should get the giant tick pop-up, after which you can disconnect the device, and start it normally.
    NOTE: it takes a while for the first launch, so give it some time!

Once it starts up into the first launch wizard, we can now restore the NVRAM.

1. In order to activate the memory writing function of SP FlashTool, re-start it with admin and press Ctrl + Alt + V, the window header should have (Advanced mode) now.
    2. From the Window drop-down, select Write Memory, it should redirect you to a new tab named accordingly.
    3. In the File Path field, browse to the ROM_NVRAM backup that you made earlier.
    4. In the Begin Address (HEX) field, copy the linear_start_addr value off the scatter file.
    5. The region should be left at EMMC_USER.
    6. Now, click the Write memory button, turn off the device, re-insert the battery just like before, and connect the device with the Volume Down "-" button pressed.
    7. It should begin the writing of the NVRAM and once it's done a giant tick pop-up will appear.
    Now after that is done, boot into the OS, check that everything works, including IMEI and WiFi.
    Also, during the setup wizard or later in the settings setup a screen lock with a pattern or a PIN or a password(credit to fca.sjc), because the partitions may remain encrypted and show 0mb(needs confirmation)
    Now you'll want to unlock the bootloader and flash the TWRP recovery.
    Now this is a standard recovery flash, but for a quick summary:
    1. Enable Developer options;
    2. Enable OEM unlocking;
    3. Reboot into bootloader mode(I like to use ADB for adb reboot-bootloader);
    4. Make sure your device is detected via fastboot devices, if not, google some drivers for ADB;
    5. Unlock the bootloader via fastboot oem unlock, and press the Volume up button to confirm the bootloader unlocking.
    6. Now, reboot the phone, it will take a while to reboot, DO NOT PANIC AND WAIT.

Now that we have bootloader unlocked, we can flash the TWRP:
    1. Go into bootloader mode;
    2. Confirm you are being detected again by fastboot devices;
    3. Flash the recovery with fastboot flash recovery [twrp recovery name].img;
    4. now, WITHOUT booting into system we boot into recovery and confirm it works.

Now that you've done all this, you propably want to run Oreo now, eh? Well, here's what we do now:
    Note: make sure you have the Oreo's backup zip extracted at it's own folder inside your MicroSD card or inside the phone's internal storage by now(thanks @ZappaDong for letting me know)
    1. From recovery, select Wipe > Advanced Wipe and select system and vendor, and wipe them. Logs may complain about not seeing vendor, ignore that message.
    2. Then, we restore everything from the Oreo backup;
    3. Finally, do a factory reset(aka wipe Data, Dalvik and cache);
    4. And reboot!

Now, fingers crossed, you should be booting into a fully functional 8.1 Oreo! if you did, congratulations!
    Please let me know if I've made any mistakes and/or this has worked for you.

All credits go to the awesome people at 4PDA, especially nik-kst(if you're reading this, you the real MVP!), below I've linked the sources I've written this guide from.

Nik-kst's guide to repartitioning the device for Oreo;
    Nik-kst's post about the Stable Oreo ROM.
    Thanks for the translation!

--- solved ---
    I have tried it three times but never managed to back up the NVRAM partition.
    Error: s_dl-get_fram_setting_fail (5054) see attached screenshot
    -----------
    I have used Win 10 on my Mac and it worked.

Now I am stuck at step "5. Unlock the bootloader via fastboot oem unlock, and press the Volume up button to confirm the bootloader unlocking."

this looks O.K. to me
    ----------------------------------
    >fastboot oem unlock
    (bootloader) Start unlock flow
    OKAY [ 16.047s]
    finished. total time: 16.047s
    -----------------------------------

But now nothing happens after
    > fastboot reboot
    rebooting...
    finished. total time: 0.000s

It's stuck in
    [Fastboot Mode] <<==
    => FASTBOOT Moe ...

and nothing happens.

UPDATE
    O.K. I have used the Power Button to switch it off and on again, there was a small Android for a few seconds and the phone rebooted the second time. Now I am waiting for it to finish booting.

UPDATE 2
    TWRP is working now

And what TWRP.img should I use for
    "3. Flash the recovery with fastboot flash recovery [twrp recovery name].img;"
    in the next paragraph? Is this the "New recovery;" from the download section at the top?

Thank you!
    Missing tips:
    - Put both scatter files inside the stock kernel folder before starting.
    -I used the stock scatter file for the NVRAM backup then the 8.1 scatter only for the Formal all+Download step.
    - When you first run the stock ROM, set up a pin or a password, otherwise you will have failed to mount data in twrp and data will show as 0mb due to its encryption.
    @ZappaDong:
    • Yes, you should use the one I provided the link at the list of downloads.
    • Also, a bit late and I may be wrong, but your DRAM reads may be hindered by a MicroSD card(confirmation needed). Try ejecting it before you read off the NVRAM.

@fca.sjc:
    • First of all, thanks for pointing out my missing tips.
    • I'm not really sure if it includes the fixed vendor. I didn't really have any issues with the camera's flash, so they already included it(?)(again, needs confirmation).
    • For failed connections, make sure you flashed the NVRAM correctly(hence why you should test the telephony after you've repartitioned to stock 5.0 with the NVRAM backup flashed).If you failed to do that, I was told you should be able to recover the NVRAM data with Maui(?) software(confirmation needed, once again).
    Thanks to both of you for pointing out these tips, I'll update the guide and credit you when I'll have more time. Cheers! :)