157.7 KB · Views: 1,097
  • Screenshot_20190224-213211.png
    Screenshot_20190224-213211.png
    130.7 KB · Views: 1,097
Last edited:

DroneJC

Apr 9, 2014
Hi

Using with Havoc 2.2.. 21st Feb version and this kernel... So far didn't experience any issues... Speaker and ear piece output is superb.

Would review battery and other performance-based things and update.

Good work:cowboy:

Nikish21

Mar 25, 2017
Guwahati
can it be applied to Stock Rom 339 ?

Flash pbh v11 and use the pbh interactive tunables profile

Colt OS with Pbh V11

Awesome BB and pubg performance

Thanks a lot for the review. It really boost my morale for more releases :cowboy: :fingers-crossed: :laugh:

DotOS with this Kernel.
What's the problem?

Current is inversely proportional to voltage. As the % of charge increase current decreases and voltages increase. Its pretty much normal and ovious :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hi

Using with Havoc 2.2.. 21st Feb version and this kernel... So far didn't experience any issues... Speaker and ear piece output is superb.

Would review battery and other performance-based things and update.

Good work:cowboy:

Glad to know its working superb :silly: :cool: :cool:
Every feedback will be noted for future releases . :fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed: :fingers-crossed:

arbajmessiali

Aug 23, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Flash pbh v11 and use the pbh interactive tunables profile

Thanks a lot for the review. It really boost my morale for more releases :cowboy: :fingers-crossed: :laugh:

Current is inversely proportional to voltage. As the % of charge increase current decreases and voltages increase. Its pretty much normal and ovious :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Glad to know its working superb :silly: :cool: :cool:
Every feedback will be noted for future releases . :fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed: :fingers-crossed:

Will let you know after I drain some battery

Reactions: Nikish21

james11705

Aug 16, 2015
Chennai
Damn I had serious BB issues with RR F2FS , I was looking to go back to Ext4 even though it meant I had to wipe my internal again . I thought I'd give some kernels a try and tried a kernel (am not naming it ), but it didn't have much difference, and that's when ur update cameup and I thought I'd give it a try , nothing to lose and Man! I'm glad I Gave this a shot.

The performance and BB is great , I'll post a comparison screenshot tomorrow. This kernel actually gave me an immense amount of joy, I was genuinely pissed off at RRs battery backup , that finding this kernel was like finding water in a desert lol .

I wouldn't say its as good as the previous V. Of RR (easily 1-2days BB) but with F2FS , this kernel is the best bet .

Keep up the great work ! Given that most ROMs now utilize F2FS system that gives performance a push , I'd like to see more focus on BB in this kernel (just a suggestion )

Reactions: apd55 and Nikish21

KaMyKaSii

Feb 25, 2015
@Nikish21 I'm sorry for being off topic but I have a Zenfone 4 with sd660 (ZE554KL) and would like your help. I want to start with kernel modification. I downloaded the source code and gcc 4.9 and managed to compile the stock kernel correctly. The problem is that in addition to not being explicitly offered a zImage binary, the binaries generated are very large compared to the kernel binary present inside the stock boot.img. Do you have any idea what the problem is? Thank you!

https://xdaforums.com/android/softw...-compile-android-kernel-t3627297/post78980144

Last edited:
Reactions: razz8725

shiktek

May 24, 2013
Flashed the kernel over stock rom.
Now, dt2w is not working.
Any solution for this?

Nikish21

Mar 25, 2017
Guwahati
Used different adapter but still the same.
Had to revert back to the stock Rom kernel.

That's weird . Pbhv12 is work in progress with even better charging mA. Wanna test, drop me a Pm or ping me over t.me/das_nikish
So that the next build ensures its fixed

Flashed the kernel over stock rom.
Now, dt2w is not working.
Any solution for this?

Alright . I might need a separate build for stock users.
If you want to beta test drop me a pm :cowboy:

D

Daljeet X

#PHB v12 IS OSM

Pbhv12 testbuild

Awesome consistent 2009 charging speed as promised by @Nikish21 without any dip. Finally Charging issue is fixed
yYxpSop.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Pbhv12 testbuild

Awesome consistent 2009 charging speed as promised by @Nikish21 without any dip. Finally Charging issue is fixed
BPK3vAU.jpg

yYxpSop.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aGVScLs.jpg

DISCLAIMER
    Code:
    [B][SIZE="3"]Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    You are at your own if anything happens due to slightly high mA while charging
    Please read completely this thread before using for minimize FAQ.
    If you coming from other custom kernel, please restore to stock boot.img or dirty flash your rom before flash this!
    [/SIZE][/B]

PBH: Project Beyond Horizon that started as a interactive governor tweaks project for my previous device, and gradually turned into a Kernel for that device, now is presently developed for our Own Zenfone Max Pro. I am just a beginner to developement, but with a desire to learn. My main focus is stabilty and optimal performance and battery backup. We will together make this kernel better and for that i need your constructive feedbacks/suggestion
    Requirements
    • BACKUP your Boot.img and ROM Before flash this Kernel.
    • Unlocked Bootloader as well
    • Latest TWRP
    • Wipe dalvik/art cache is suggested(not mandatory)
    Latest Build Features

Less features with more focus on battery backup and stablity

THis is one of my most personal favourite build with lots of Changes that should suit Practically every Usage Scenario and the most tested build ever with extremely varied usage scenario. And the end results was.. All the testers were satisfied

Changelog :

- • Optimised thermal throttling while charging. Device will no longer be bumped too high while charging. It will be slow and steady progression while will be slower bump than previous builds
    • Optmised thermal efficiency while usage. Device will stay cooler now
    • Merged Latest Caf Tag in Kernel
    • Smoothness Improved. Lesser Janks than previous builds

Batterty Backup Profile For Kernel Auditor Users Is Updated, You can use with v14 profile alongside to more Battery Backup

Download KERNEL : https://sourceforge.net/projects/beyond-horizon/files/Asus%20Zenfone%20Max%20Pro%20M1/

EX Kernel Profile is dropped since most users use Darkness Kernel Auditor and Its free to use.

Priority: Stablity(Battery Backup) >>>> Plethora of placebo/ user unused features.

Downloads

[/COLOR][/I]
    TELEGRAM SUPPORT Well I Find XDA is enough, however the telegram is more convinient for running the beta tests for my kernel and since lot many of you have requested, Here are the general support and testing channel You guys can refer. I regularly post their for beta testing to keep the developement alive :laugh:

1 GROUP

2 Channel

XDA:DevDB Information
    PBH, Kernel for the Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1

Contributors
    Nikish21
    Source Code: https://github.com/Nikish21/PBH-eas

Kernel Special Features: interactive governor tweaks, underclocked

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 22
    Stable Release Date: 2019-07-22

Created 2018-08-05
    Last Updated 2019-09-01
    Q: How is the Battery Backup?
    Ans: It depends on usage. But everything possible from kernel side is already /will be implemented regarding idle drain. Interactive governor is tweaked to use the cpu based on load
    Q; Do you plan to implement more features
    Ans: I am open to suggestions. But only those will be implemented that enhances end-user's stability with this kernel(performance+battery backup)
    Q: How to report Bugs?
    Ans: You can report here with proper log or can contact me on Telegram for faster reply das_nikish
    Reserved for Changelog
    v22 CLICK HERE
    v21 CLICK HERE
    v20 CLICK HERE
    v19 CLICK HERE
    v18- CLICK HERE
    v14 - CLick here

v12.1 CLICK HERE
    v12 CLICK HERE
    v11 - CLICK HERE
    v10- Click HERE
    v9 - Click HERE
    v8 - Click HERE
    v7 - Click HERE
    v6 - Click HERE
    v5.1 Click Here
    v5- Click HERE
    v4 - Click HERE
    v3.1-Click Here
    v3-Click Here
    v2- Click Here
    V1-Initial Release
    After a quite long break I am glad to present the 19th Build of PBH

PBHv19 Overhauled Build is Up

Changelog
    (Source)
    1 Upstreamed to Latest Linux v4.4.182
    2 Merged Latest CAF Tag LA.UM.7.2.r1-07000-sdm660.0 .
    3 Upstreamed the Wifi drivers to Latest CAF Tag LA.UM.7.2.r1-07000-sdm660.0 .
    4 Enable qcacld packet capture feature (Kud)
    5 Merged aosp/android-4.4 (Kud)
    6 GPU and panel handling, MMC device driver,memory, audio subsystem, cpuidle, binder changes have been picked from CAF
    7 Thermal Changes

(As Tester Reported)

1 Device smoothness improved compared to previous build
    2 IDle drain is absolute minimum, any app wakelock is out of kernel domain anyways
    3 Screen On Charging Average Imroved. ALthough I suggest to charge screen off everytime and not to interfare much while charging
    4 Active drain is reportedly less, mileage will vary oviously though
    5 Thermal Improvements and the device stays cooler then previous build. Use 339/053 firmware . I suggest 339

*In short More Battery backup, smoothness , idle drain nil. Build underwent a strict testing for straight 2 weeks plus with a lot and lot of varied usage scenario

CHarge your device fully after a clean flash of the kernel and enjoy

Download Buid: Mod edit - Link removed!

*Mileage varies with every user, but hopefully pbhv19 should catch up with most of you

KEEP SUPPORTING AND AWAITING FEEDBACKS AS ALWAYS :fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:
    PBH v7 Is Up

Big Update for stability!

With PBhv7 the kernel is getting rebased to Android Pie Sources Released By CAF For sdm660
    Changelog:
    1. Rebased to PIE CAF TAG LA.UM.7.2.r1-05100-sdm660.0
    2. Wifi Drivers : qcacld-3.0, qca-wifi-host-cmn, fw-api is updated to LA.UM.7.2.r1-05100-sdm660.0
    3. Readded features like KCAL, Double Tap to wake from previous versions

N.B: No overclock and underclock this. We have the stock frequencies 633-1804Mhz
    Since it is a rebased build older features might get missed. So kindly report the features missued.
    Kernel is reported to be stable for daily usage :cowboy::cowboy::cowboy: :laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Also no underclock doesn't seem to hamper idle drain or active drain in any ways.
    but still looking forward to your reports and suggestions and feedback!!
    For faster response on queries and suggestions Join HERE

Download : https://sourceforge.net/projects/beyond-horizon/files/Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1/Pbhv7.zip/download