This is basically a tl;dr thread.
I don't want to make a thread that everyone will lazy to read.
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It's a fully touch driven user interface; no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
/* * Your warranty is... still valid? * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this RECOVERY * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
- ASUS ZenFone Max Pro (M1) ZB601/2KL (of course)
- Unlocked bootloader, in either ways (official, unofficial)
- Some knowledge on how to deal with your device... and patience.
- Reboot device to bootloader. If device is powered off, press and hold Power + Volume Up button until ASUS logo with "FASTBOOT MODE" message appears.
- Under same directory as TWRP image and ADB/Fastboot executables (if ever required), type this command:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.x.x-y-KudProject-X00T.img
- IMPORTANT: After flashing, immediately press and hold Power + Volume Down for about 10 seconds button to reboot to recovery.
- Swipe the option to allow modifications. This way, you'll trip Android Verified Boot (AVB) and it's required to flash no verity zip in order to be able to boot stock ROM.
- Due to QTI keymaster's behavior, only specific stock firmware as well as custom ROMs with same platform security patch level that can only be decrypted by TWRP. Applicable versions will be indicated explicitly in the changelog.
- Dees_Troy and everyone behind TWRP
- shakalaca - base device tree used for older releases
- Ankit Gourav - his work on whyred
- Shivam Kumar Jha - person who kickstarted ZenFone Max Pro (M1) development
- Everyone involved in testing numbers of test builds.
Unofficial TWRP 3.x (X00T), Tool/Utility for the Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1
Source Code: https://github.com/KudProject/bootable_recovery-twrp
Current Stable Version: 3.4.0-0-KudProject
Stable Release Date: 2020-06-16
Current Beta Version: 3.3.0-0-20190513
Beta Release Date: 2019-05-13
Last Updated 2020-06-28