FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] EFS/IMEI Backup for ZenFone Max Pro M1

453 posts
Thanks Meter: 235

By Saktis_STi, Account currently disabled on 30th April 2018, 06:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am not responsible for bricked devices and dead SD cards. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

It hasn't been long since I joined the ZenFone Max Pro M1 forums and since then I was worried about the EFS/IMEI because it is very complex in the Snapdragon SoCs. So all you need to do is to backup EFS partition by using an app created by @wanam

Instructions:
1) Unlock your bootloader (will be available soon)
2) Flash TWRP (if available)
3) Root your phone (Magisk/SuperSU)
4) Install Partitions Backup & Restore app from Google Play Store
5) Back up MODEM, MODEMST1 & MODEMST2 (In simple words, backup the yellow highlighted partition)

Notes:
  • The backups are saved on /sdcard/PartitionsBackups.
  • DO NOT leave the EFS/Modems backups on your sdcard, MAKE SURE YOU KEEP IT IN A SAFE PLACE
  • DO NOT use the restoration feature for tests purposes, it is recommended to use it for small partitions only (EFS, Boot, Modems.), you can restore other partitions backups with FASTBOOT.

Source: Link

10th August 2018, 05:29 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saktis_STi

I am not responsible for bricked devices and dead SD cards. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

It hasn't been long since I joined the ZenFone Max Pro M1 forums and since then I was worried about the EFS/IMEI because it is very complex in the Snapdragon SoCs. So all you need to do is to backup EFS partition by using an app created by @wanam

Instructions:
5) Back up MODEM, MODEMST1 & MODEMST2 (In simple words, backup the yellow highlighted partition)

Notes:

• The backups are saved on /sdcard/PartitionsBackups.
  • DO NOT leave the EFS/Modems backups on your sdcard, MAKE SURE YOU KEEP IT IN A SAFE PLACE
  • DO NOT use the restoration feature for tests purposes, it is recommended to use it for small partitions only (EFS, Boot, Modems.), you can restore other partitions backups with FASTBOOT.

I have not backup imei because my phone has been bricked ! I unbricked sucessfull ! And lost imei !
How to fix issue "lost imei" if no backup ?
12th August 2018, 06:44 PM |#3  
Flag pratapgarh
Thanks Meter: 414

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saktis_STi

Instructions:

Notes:
The backups are saved on /sdcard/PartitionsBackups.
DO NOT leave the EFS/Modems backups on your sdcard, MAKE SURE YOU KEEP IT IN A SAFE PLACE
DO NOT use the restoration feature for tests purposes, it is recommended to use it for small partitions only (EFS, Boot, Modems.), you can restore other partitions backups with FASTBOOT.

No modem,modemst1 and modemst2 partition found
There are 8 yellow partitions but none of them named modem,modemst1,modemst2
Please help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180812-231351.png
Views:	558
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	4570435  
14th August 2018, 08:59 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Any way out in locked bootloader?
15th August 2018, 07:31 AM |#5  
Flag pratapgarh
Thanks Meter: 414

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The2k10

Any way out in locked bootloader?

Why would you want to backeup efs/imei in locked bootloader?
Only unlocked users should have worried about efd /imei corruption
4th November 2018, 05:40 AM |#6  
Flag New delhi
Thanks Meter: 170

Donate to Me
More
Anyone has backup?
Is anyone has taken backup of modem1,modem2,modem3 ...

Please send it...
I had hardbicked my phone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)