[Guide] Enable camera API 2 (No root)

Search This thread

Syedshas

Oct 6, 2017
Chennai
1. Enable USB Debugging ( Google is the best friend )
2. About adb and fastboot ( Google still the best friend ) just type ' Minimal Fastboot '
Link :

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=962187416754459552

3. Extract Minimal Fastboot then press Shift + Right Click the folder then select ' Open Command Window Here '.
4. Then check make sure your devices is connected . ( type 'adb devices') your devices should be listed if connected to adb.
5. Allow USB Debugging on devices.
6. Now type 'adb reboot bootloader' ( easy way boot your devices to bootloader )
7 Then run the command on first post.
8.If success, then reboot your devices type 'fastboot reboot' or reboot manual.
9. Then download the apk file, link

https://xdaforums.com/asus-zenfone-...nable-camera-api-2-root-t3823498/post77222331

10. Check you gcam.
11. Done

Ty so much it worked so fine but i changed ur steps little bit without loading bootloader i installed fastboot and adb used this command
by using minimal fastboot.exe because i using windows 10. i extracted your zip it didnt work in terminal. but really ty so much.

fastboot devices
fastboot oem enable_camera_hal3 true
fastboot reboot
installed google camera v8.1
pics are so much difference ty a lot for ur help and for this thread creator. i bought 6gb version this saturday. camera is ok but after installing this google camera it was awesome.

gusbalaa

Aug 16, 2014
Klungkung, Bali
Xiaomi Pad 6
Ty so much it worked so fine but i changed ur steps little bit without loading bootloader i installed fastboot and adb used this command
by using minimal fastboot.exe because i using windows 10. i extracted your zip it didnt work in terminal. but really ty so much.

fastboot devices
fastboot reboot
installed google camera v8.1
pics are so much difference ty a lot for ur help and for this thread creator. i bought 6gb version this saturday. camera is ok but after installing this google camera it was awesome.

Enjoy your new camera :D
I just test the video recording, awesome .

melonusk

Jul 17, 2018
come on guys, the gcam isn't that good, tbh gcam even fails on hdr test when compared to stock cam, and in other tests gcam doesn't significantly beats the stock cam app. The two apps brings the same same results. The latest update really improves the stock cam, why i'm the only one see this ??

Syedshas

Oct 6, 2017
Chennai
Hi @gusbalaa can u tell me why the pictures are not getting saved or taken in hdr mode or how to take even jpg raw file nothing is getting saved kindly tell me how to take hdr pic , it shows hdr+ on when I take pic on that mode it doesn't savw

Syedshas

Oct 6, 2017
Chennai
See firstpos, already mentioned step and the command.
Reading is not gonna hurt you.

Hi @gusbalaa can u tell me why the pictures are not getting saved or taken in hdr mode or how to take even jpg raw file nothing is getting saved kindly tell me how to take hdr pic , it shows hdr+ on when I take pic on that mode it doesn't savw

after restarting phone i can take pics in hdr+ but when i change settings for hdr+ it doesnt take pics for example i clicked on for nexus 6p pics more sharpness option it doesnt take hdr+ after that when i switch off this option i was able to take the pic

gusbalaa

Aug 16, 2014
Klungkung, Bali
Xiaomi Pad 6

Hdr+ is working fine and saved on storage.
See image below.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180803-131746.jpg
    Screenshot_20180803-131746.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 945
  • IMG_20180803_131746.jpg
    IMG_20180803_131746.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 959

RajnishPS

Jun 11, 2018
I've installed the 8.1v Gcam, front cam portrait works like a charm but the back doesn't work, no blur

Is this safe?

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Did it, completed good. Enabled the camera 2 api. But now auto brightness doesn't seem to work. Help me with it please.

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

checked my light sensor through an app seems to be gone, will contact support

iamfarhanansari

Apr 11, 2016
pratapgarh
plus.google.com
Xiaomi Poco X2
-----Working------
(Tested by users)

I'm not liable for any damage, dead devices, corrupt sd cards bla bla bla

Steps:

1) setup fastboot and adb drivers on pc
2) power off the phone and enter fastboot mode.
3) fire up fastboot terminal and connect your phone to the pc, enable USB debugging mode from dev. options too.
4) Run the command:

5) reboot
6) check g cam or any camera API testing apps to make sure if it's working.
7) report back here if all is good.

Thanks to @shakalaca
hey see the last post
He is saying it breaks auti brightness
Can u please confirm

Ali.B

Oct 4, 2015
Mumbai
Do you even read the posts?
A guy just couple of post above told the same.
Man, I was fed up of the device not showing in adb, also I read the thing complete thing which said download the driver from Asus website but I could not find that on my product page.

Be mature and polite while communicating with others rather trying to be oversmart.

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 AM ----------

hey see the last post
He is saying it breaks auti brightness
Can u please confirm
No using it for the past 24 hours and auto brightness works fine.

Also, got Google Lens working after this stuff.

Ali.B

Oct 4, 2015
Mumbai
come on guys, the gcam isn't that good, tbh gcam even fails on hdr test when compared to stock cam, and in other tests gcam doesn't significantly beats the stock cam app. The two apps brings the same same results. The latest update really improves the stock cam, why i'm the only one see this ??
Significant enough.
Also EIS works great with GCam.

Attachments

• IMG_20180804_110620.jpg
    IMG_20180804_110620.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 763
  • IMG_20180804_110630.jpg
    IMG_20180804_110630.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 734
Jan 13, 2016
Man, I was fed up of the device not showing in adb, also I read the thing complete thing which said download the driver from Asus website but I could not find that on my product page.

Be mature and polite while communicating with others rather trying to be oversmart.

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 AM ----------

No using it for the past 24 hours and auto brightness works fine.

Also, got Google Lens working after this stuff.

"Be mature and polite while communicating with others rather trying to be oversmart".
I have ego issues. Don't like it? I don't care.

Btw there are so many noobs who don't ready any posts. I wondered if you were the same. Why? Just writing I didn't find drivers communicates the same.
Be thorough while describing any issues.

Ali.B

Oct 4, 2015
Mumbai
"Be mature and polite while communicating with others rather trying to be oversmart".
I have ego issues. Don't like it? I don't care.

Btw there are so many noobs who don't ready any posts. I wondered if you were the same. Why? Just writing I didn't find drivers communicates the same.
Be thorough while describing any issues.

Yea, due to wasting couple of hours for it was fed up. Should have been clear enough. Btw, thanks for finding out the command.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -----Working------
    (Tested by users)

I'm not liable for any damage, dead devices, corrupt sd cards bla bla bla

Steps:

1) setup fastboot and adb drivers on pc
    2) power off the phone and enter fastboot mode.
    3) fire up fastboot terminal and connect your phone to the pc, enable USB debugging mode from dev. options too.
    4) Run the command:

5) reboot
    6) check g cam or any camera API testing apps to make sure if it's working.
    7) report back here if all is good.

Thanks to @shakalaca
    I read the first post thank you

first mention enabling developer options and USB debugging many people don't know

1. i need the link to download adb drivers for this phone (please give a link to download it)
    2. which camera apk file and where should we get
    3. how to install ADB driver in pc for this phone
    4. and how to bring terminal window and what are the commands not the only last command (fastboot oem enable....) I am asking this not only for me. for the users who are all new to XDA.

please give 2 links one for adb drivers and apk file please give other commands, nobody is hurting no one, no one ask helps unless they don't know it. so kindly talk good, not rude. Ty again for reply

1. Enable USB Debugging ( Google is the best friend )
    2. About adb and fastboot ( Google still the best friend ) just type ' Minimal Fastboot '
    Link :

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=962187416754459552

3. Extract Minimal Fastboot then press Shift + Right Click the folder then select ' Open Command Window Here '.
    4. Then check make sure your devices is connected . ( type 'adb devices') your devices should be listed if connected to adb.
    5. Allow USB Debugging on devices.
    6. Now type 'adb reboot bootloader' ( easy way boot your devices to bootloader )
    7 Then run the command on first post.
    8.If success, then reboot your devices type 'fastboot reboot' or reboot manual.
    9. Then download the apk file, link

https://xdaforums.com/asus-zenfone-...nable-camera-api-2-root-t3823498/post77222331

10. Check you gcam.
    11. Done
    Thanks to all those who tested this. The method works.

I'll make a script to make things much more easier.

If you get error at fastboot window saying device not found or waiting for device. That's a driver issue.
    Check some comments down below, a user has mentioned methods to solve it.

OTA will not be effected in any way by this mod.
    Warranty should not be void too.
    Can someone share some gcam apk?
    I'm confuse which one i must use,i just flash that command.
    Greetings

GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V8.1.apk