FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Complete Cleaning & Advice on AHD

480 posts
Thanks Meter: 52
 
By jblaylock, Senior Member on 18th June 2015, 05:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys, I wanted to ask for some feedback. I've owned the Atrix HD since it's release date. It is now my work phone and I use it mainly for phone calls, text, calendar, and navigation. It has been wiped, flashed, wiped, flashed, flash flash flashed more times than I could ever count. The Eb40 is starting to swell and my volume rockers no longer work.

The biggest issue I have is that now, no matter what rom I'm on, I have proximity sensor issues and screen on/off issues. Is there a way to do a complete cleaning and really restart from scratch. Not being able to answer calls, or hang up calls is a big deal to me, since it's a work phone. I've been considering retiring the AHD and getting a Moto E just for work, but if I can restart and get it working right, I'd consider keeping it. I have the desk & car dock so this is a great work phone, but I just need it to work.

Any tips would be much appreciated.
 
 
21st June 2015, 10:32 PM |#2  
nukesnooper's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 79556
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
I still have my AHD XDA Favorite in IE. I haven't used my AHD since the beginning of the year when I handed it down to my son. I'd recently done a bump to Lollipop, and all was well. Yesterday morning, his phone froze up. It, too has had the EB40 battery mod done ages ago, and it's worked flawlessly. The screen froze up and stayed on all day until last night until it finally died. Never got hot - much to my surprise, but I was scratching my melon over why it froze up.

Long story short; we put it on the charger and it took a charge just fine. Worked fine this morning, but after coming home from the pool; he went to turn it on and zilch! I don't suppose there's any interest left in the AHD that anyone's going to read either of these or respond. But; if I come across a smoking gun, I'll let you know. Likewise; if you know anything about repairing them, drop me a line.

Thanks!
22nd June 2015, 06:17 PM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaylock

Hey guys, I wanted to ask for some feedback. I've owned the Atrix HD since it's release date. It is now my work phone and I use it mainly for phone calls, text, calendar, and navigation. It has been wiped, flashed, wiped, flashed, flash flash flashed more times than I could ever count. The Eb40 is starting to swell and my volume rockers no longer work.

The biggest issue I have is that now, no matter what rom I'm on, I have proximity sensor issues and screen on/off issues. Is there a way to do a complete cleaning and really restart from scratch. Not being able to answer calls, or hang up calls is a big deal to me, since it's a work phone. I've been considering retiring the AHD and getting a Moto E just for work, but if I can restart and get it working right, I'd consider keeping it. I have the desk & car dock so this is a great work phone, but I just need it to work.

Any tips would be much appreciated.

Re-flash stock via Mythtools or RSD. Let me know if you need it uploaded and I'll upload it for you.
23rd June 2015, 05:34 PM |#4  
jblaylock's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Richmond
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05

Re-flash stock via Mythtools or RSD. Let me know if you need it uploaded and I'll upload it for you.

Let me check, I may have it still.

Should I flash stock ICS or JB?
23rd June 2015, 05:49 PM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaylock

Let me check, I may have it still.

Should I flash stock ICS or JB?

I'd stick with JB

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Free mobile app
23rd June 2015, 07:01 PM |#6  
jblaylock's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Richmond
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05

I'd stick with JB

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Free mobile app

Could you post it? I only have the Mexican ICS that Skeevy had a while back.
23rd June 2015, 08:04 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
I used to have proximity sensor problems a year ago, since then I've been using this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2424379

Not sure if it's baked into ROMs nowadays.
24th June 2015, 02:17 PM |#8  
jblaylock's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Richmond
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyz86

I used to have proximity sensor problems a year ago, since then I've been using this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2424379

Not sure if it's baked into ROMs nowadays.

I have that, doesn't help me at this point. Hoping to reflash stock today.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
24th June 2015, 03:36 PM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaylock

I have that, doesn't help me at this point. Hoping to reflash stock today.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'll upload it within an hr

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Free mobile app
24th June 2015, 05:39 PM |#10  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaylock

Could you post it? I only have the Mexican ICS that Skeevy had a while back.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B52...p=docslist_api

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Free mobile app
28th June 2015, 05:12 PM |#11  
jblaylock's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Richmond
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B52...p=docslist_api

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Free mobile app

Thank you. I have it downloaded if you want to take it off your Drive. I went back to stock and it's working good. You think it's ok to now flash back to KitKat, or should I just leave it alone? Will going back custom give me the same issues again?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes