New Update Sep 29 D80030G Stagefright Fix

Search This thread

raydm

Dec 25, 2008
chicago
From AT&T Website:

Update summary

Effective September 29, 2015, AT&T released a software update for the LG G2 (D800). This update will be made available to customers to download via Firmware Over The Air (FOTA). Wi-Fi is required.

Software update includes

Device security improvements

What to expect after the update

Although there should be no impacts to settings or data, we recommend that you sync or backup your contacts and files to a PC or with AT&T apps.

How to update

Select Menu or pull down the notification shade.
Select All Settings > General.
Select About phone > Software update > Update Now.
If not connected to Wi-Fi, message reads  A software update is available for your device that requires Wi-Fi connectivity for download process to begin. Connect to Wi-Fi network? (If already connected, skip and go to step 5)
A new software update from AT&T is available for your device. This software update will take several minutes and will not delete any personal data on your device. All services (including emergency calls) will be suspended during the install.
Tap Continue
Status Message  The software has been successfully installed. Your device is now ready to use.
Tap OK.

How to verify the update

From the home screen, press the Menu key, and then tap All settings.

From the "General" tab, scroll to and tap About phone.

Tap Software information.

Your phone's software version information will be displayed.

Android Version: 5.0.2

Baseband version:M8974A-AAAANAZM-1.0.190128

Kernel version: 3.4.0

Build Number: LRX22G

The Software Version: D80030g

Update File size: 17.1MB

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB423381&cv=820

Reactions: kenjamd

raydm

Dec 25, 2008
chicago
One thing i noted is that phone is much more snappy afterward. maybe it's because of the cache rebuild that every build do or maybe there is some secret ingredient added in this update.

gmuller1234

Oct 2, 2013
Does this mess with root?

Scribe'd on my awesome OG2

You can't update with root, at least I haven't been able to.

When updating it will just kick you back to the home screen with a message telling you, you're suspected of rooting and updates are not supported for rooted devices.

I also tried the method discribed in http://xdaforums.com/att-g2/general/links-manually-forcing-ota-20c-to-20u-t2828874 to force an update but I was unable to succeed

4ty-phive

Apr 7, 2009
How does one make this file root friendly? Wouldn't mind taking the time to do this.

Scribe'd on my awesome OG2

raptorddd

Jun 13, 2013
culiacan
Very surprised to see another update from AT&T for the G2. I wonder if there's any chance of seeing 5.1.1 or 6.0.

i think thats the answer for no 5.1.1 i dont see why leave g2 at lollipop if its has bugs.. since they fix the stagefright on 5.1.1. so we need it 5.1.1 to get rid of this bug but aparently with this update theres no need to update to 5.1.1 but does this still have the memory leak bug?

andresrodolfo

Jan 31, 2015
here is a link to the dlpkgfile from my LG G2, but if you have root you cannot update through either the normal OTA method or by using the root adb command method described in
http://xdaforums.com/att-g2/general/links-manually-forcing-ota-20c-to-20u-t2828874 or at least I could not get it to work

http://d-h.st/6IWx
I could not get it to work ehiter.
I think that the root adb command method does not work in Lollipop.

Enviado desde mi LG-D800 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:

gmuller1234

Oct 2, 2013
:good: thanks my friend

No Problem, my pleasure

I could not get it to work ehiter.
I think that the root adb command method does not work in Lollipop.

Enviado desde mi LG-D800 mediante Tapatalk

The last command appears to force a package on the phone to start the update process without (or possibly after) a check for root, however when I run the command the nothing appears to happen making me think that the original Lollipop update(30f) either nerfed the command to prevent this kind of thing from happening, or they replaced the package with a new one for the 5.x iterations of Android. so it is a matter of waiting for people smarter than me to find out how to force the updates in the Lollipop update
TL;DR: yup I agree with you

HavocX

Oct 9, 2012
Negative

Is there no way to unroot, install this update and then root again?

As far as I know you can't unroot a device. The way I'm doing it is reinstalling the original KK, then going trough the process of updating till the lastest update then rooting again.

I do hope someone could come up with way to install the latest update on rooted.

meshobi

Oct 13, 2013
Can you people provide me the "D80030F" lollipop OTA Package file... i can not download it from any where all links says file is deleted or not available

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From AT&T Website:

Update summary

Effective September 29, 2015, AT&T released a software update for the LG G2 (D800). This update will be made available to customers to download via Firmware Over The Air (FOTA). Wi-Fi is required.

Software update includes

Device security improvements

What to expect after the update

Although there should be no impacts to settings or data, we recommend that you sync or backup your contacts and files to a PC or with AT&T apps.

How to update

Select Menu or pull down the notification shade.
    Select All Settings > General.
    Select About phone > Software update > Update Now.
    If not connected to Wi-Fi, message reads  A software update is available for your device that requires Wi-Fi connectivity for download process to begin. Connect to Wi-Fi network? (If already connected, skip and go to step 5)
    A new software update from AT&T is available for your device. This software update will take several minutes and will not delete any personal data on your device. All services (including emergency calls) will be suspended during the install.
    Tap Continue
    Status Message  The software has been successfully installed. Your device is now ready to use.
    Tap OK.

How to verify the update

From the home screen, press the Menu key, and then tap All settings.

From the "General" tab, scroll to and tap About phone.

Tap Software information.

Your phone's software version information will be displayed.

Android Version: 5.0.2

Baseband version:M8974A-AAAANAZM-1.0.190128

Kernel version: 3.4.0

Build Number: LRX22G

The Software Version: D80030g

Update File size: 17.1MB

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB423381&cv=820
    I'm waiting for dlpkgfile to update :p

here is a link to the dlpkgfile from my LG G2, but if you have root you cannot update through either the normal OTA method or by using the root adb command method described in
    http://xdaforums.com/att-g2/general/links-manually-forcing-ota-20c-to-20u-t2828874 or at least I could not get it to work

http://d-h.st/6IWx