[ROM][d80030b][v1][2015.06.26] Stock Lollipop (30b) Stripped Down

Search This thread

vigorito

Mar 11, 2010
Its not that fast and smooth like 4.4.2 stock but its ok,look pretty good,i just lost stock sound for viber app i can use system sound but no go for stock viber sound,no big deal

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

sebasmol

Jan 15, 2015
Ukguy115 , thanks a lot but I get no luck, i did everything according to the post and the app still force closes . Any more ideas ?

alecpap

Feb 5, 2014
I deleted VPN. If you add "VpnDialogs" back to priv-app, it should work. (That is the only thing I know immediately off hand related to VPN.) You should use stock version from 30b ROM, which you can get out of kdz.

Cool, thanks for your reply. I pulled the 'VpnDialogs' out of D80230b, and pasted it in /system/priv-app. Rebooted, and tried to connect to the VPN (using both OpenVPN and OpenVPN Connect), and got the same error message.

Using a stock D80230b ROM and your D800 patch (also running your TWRP, thanks!), it worked like a charm though (as this is where I got the VpnDialogs folder to start with). So I have a working solution in place, now I'm curious what else the VPN API needs outside of VpnDialogs.

Thanks for all your great software blastagator!

jakzel

Jul 16, 2012
Boston
Cool, thanks for your reply. I pulled the 'VpnDialogs' out of D80230b, and pasted it in /system/priv-app. Rebooted, and tried to connect to the VPN (using both OpenVPN and OpenVPN Connect), and got the same error message.

Using a stock D80230b ROM and your D800 patch (also running your TWRP, thanks!), it worked like a charm though (as this is where I got the VpnDialogs folder to start with). So I have a working solution in place, now I'm curious what else the VPN API needs outside of VpnDialogs.

Thanks for all your great software blastagator!

I also ran into this issue. OpenVPN is vital to my phone usage, so I had to use a different ROM. I decided to try out Euphoria with the new CAF sources... it's working very well so far.

Your ROM was great for two days, though! If I didn't need OpenVPN, I would have kept using it. Excellent work blastagator! Thank you for all the work you do on my LG G2 :)

sotelomichael

Aug 29, 2010
Thank you for this rom! One thing i noticed was choppy video recording on default settings. Just fyi in case anyone else is helping by reporting results

DAMAGE_INC29

May 24, 2011
Davao City
From Resurrection remix

Way too many steps my friend. If you have recovery, you can simply flash this ROM and it will update your bootloader/rom/modem/etc. Only thing it doesn't install is latest TWRP.

So, install newest TWRP with zip. Then flash ROM zip. Done! Flash Dorimanx after that, if you want it, which you should!

No need to go to KK, take OTAs, or any of that other junk. I already did all that work for you!

Good day
just want to clarify..
i wanted to go back to a stock based Rom from Resurrection Remix..can i flash it directly in recovery?

Thanks lot

eak1080

Aug 5, 2011
Reactions: Nigglenuts

sebasmol

Jan 15, 2015
Pg. 3 I posted a flashable zip for quick remote...guys its a 5 pg thread...you don't even have to use the search feature....you can read the whole thing is ~3 min...

eak1080, I read all the pages, I saw your post and download and flash the zip file but the app still force closes ... because of this ask blastagator, who made the rom, if he could not build a flasheable zip.

thanks anyway and sorry for my english

eak1080

Aug 5, 2011
eak1080, I read all the pages, I saw your post and download and flash the zip file but the app still force closes ... because of this ask blastagator, who made the rom, if he could not build a flasheable zip.

thanks anyway and sorry for my english

do you have the EULA app disabled? Quick remote needs three things, quicksetSDK.apk QuickRemote.apk and UnifiedEULA.apk

find and push the files yourself. the zip worked for me when i was on blastagator's rom. just download cloudyg2 and extract those apk's from his zip and push/flash them manually.

kspegt

Jun 13, 2014
I'm actually using galaxy universal remote. It works great. I honestly don't miss quick remote

sebasmol

Jan 15, 2015
do you have the EULA app disabled? Quick remote needs three things, quicksetSDK.apk QuickRemote.apk and UnifiedEULA.apk

find and push the files yourself. the zip worked for me when i was on blastagator's rom. just download cloudyg2 and extract those apk's from his zip and push/flash them manually.

eak1080 , Its working now , was a problem with EULA app. Uninstall and install another one downloaded from the web and qremote began to work.

Thank you very much for your help !!!

Reactions: eak1080

Moppusan

May 14, 2014
Leola, PA
Google Pixel 7
Here's a new one... I installed this cuz I wanted to mod stock to look more like AOSP and a nice stripped-down version sounded nice. But, after getting SystemUI FC every boot I read the OP again and noticed "no customization" so I assumed that meant no APK modding. Long story longer...I figured I'd flash back to stock with LG Flash Tool but when I enter download mode I get a secure boot error. I see download mode for a second, then secure boot error shows up and the screen goes blank. I can get into TWRP and I restored the ROM I was running (Euphoria), and that boots fine, but download mode is like...duhhh hi I'm download mode HA NO I'M NOT!

I figure one of the partitions need to be flashed, but I'm not entirely sure which one, so to be on the safe side I figured I'd post. I flashed bootstack-d800-LP_30d-loki-signed, which has aboot, dbi, laf, modem, persist, rpm, sbl1 and tz, so maybe a different one? If I need a stock img, would it be 10d, 10o, 30f, and of course which partition?
@blastagator, I figured I'd mention you since you know all about that bass -- I mean, this ROM -- and the G2 pretty much inside and out. Unless anyone else has any clue. :eek:

LitrosNub

Mar 15, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Here's a new one... I installed this cuz I wanted to mod stock to look more like AOSP and a nice stripped-down version sounded nice. But, after getting SystemUI FC every boot I read the OP again and noticed "no customization" so I assumed that meant no APK modding. Long story longer...I figured I'd flash back to stock with LG Flash Tool but when I enter download mode I get a secure boot error. I see download mode for a second, then secure boot error shows up and the screen goes blank. I can get into TWRP and I restored the ROM I was running (Euphoria), and that boots fine, but download mode is like...duhhh hi I'm download mode HA NO I'M NOT!

I figure one of the partitions need to be flashed, but I'm not entirely sure which one, so to be on the safe side I figured I'd post. I flashed bootstack-d800-LP_30d-loki-signed, which has aboot, dbi, laf, modem, persist, rpm, sbl1 and tz, so maybe a different one? If I need a stock img, would it be 10d, 10o, 30f, and of course which partition?

@blastagator, I figured I'd mention you since you know all about that bass -- I mean, this ROM -- and the G2 pretty much inside and out. Unless anyone else has any clue. :eek:
I had that problem once, it was a problem when I installed Blastagator's JB Bootstack when installing CM12.1, when I decided to go back to my main ROM back then (cloudy) I flashed Cloudy's bootstack and restored my backup, I had no more Nav Bar, also I couldn't access MTP!

Then I tried out a CAF ROM with the bootstack you mentioned, I had the secure booting error!

Then I accidentaly wiped Internal Storage in TWRP without MTP available (since it broke) but since Download Mode directed me straight into QHUSB_BULK mode I got out of it and saved my phone.

I don't know why but Blastagator's bootstack really messed up my phone, I'm posting this since you have the same problem.

I honestly don't know why it happened but I guess it was my fault, not Blastagators. I should've been more careful.

blastagator

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 27, 2012
Fern Park, FL

I had that problem once

To be honest, I have no idea. I used LG Flash Tool to go back to stock after doing OTAs and setting up TWRP and my hybrid bootstack and download mode worked for me.

Wish I could be of more help, but I am really at a loss for what could have caused that. Glad to hear you both pulled out of it okay though.

As to the 'no customization' I just meant I didn't mod anything. Users should be able to mod things as normal. :)

Reactions: LitrosNub

Moppusan

May 14, 2014
Leola, PA
Google Pixel 7
To be honest, I have no idea. I used LG Flash Tool to go back to stock after doing OTAs and setting up TWRP and my hybrid bootstack and download mode worked for me.

Wish I could be of more help, but I am really at a loss for what could have caused that. Glad to hear you both pulled out of it okay though.

As to the 'no customization' I just meant I didn't mod anything. Users should be able to mod things as normal. :)

Ah. Strange thing with the SystemUI FCs then, but that's another topic. I flashed the other (lightly) stripped stock LP for d800 by Swetnes (http://xdaforums.com/att-g2/development/rom-t3152368), used AutoRec and I got download mode back. I explosively shrug at why that worked.

Now to figure out why systemui fc immediately when I try to mod it... I deodexed it. Hmm. Ignore this part of my post.

LitrosNub

Mar 15, 2015
Las Vegas, NV

Yea, thanks for everything you do for the D800 community. This is the best stock ROM so far (excluding the obv ones like Cloudy)

I still don't know how your bootstack messed up my phone so much. I still wonder to this day... lucky there was a fix for QHUSB_BULK mode or my G2 wouldn't be here today.

Mystique

Oct 1, 2010
Hey all..

Just loaded this up on my new to me D800..

I find it smaller and faster than cloudy and perfect with dorimanx..

What else does cloudy have?

This is great..

ACME Guy

Jun 12, 2014
I installed the ROM and it ran great but was a bit too stripped down for what I wanted. I searched and found the apk's for a few of the missing LG apps I wanted (music, email, video player), but after I installed them I got several FC's and processes that stopped. I didn't report them because they were surely caused by me.

I wonder if you have a copy of this stock ROM, rooted, with your patch, before you stripped it (still clothed?) that you could make available for download. If you do, great! If you don't, I'll use your other fine work to find another ROM to try. I'm currently running Cloudy 3.1 and used your ROM patch and Dev Null patch to install it without a hitch.

Thank you for all of your work on the G2, especially our D800.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTML:
    Stripped Down Stock Lollipop d0230b ROM for d800!
    ---- Supports Model d800 ONLY! ----

What this is:
    I took the stock d80230b kdz, extracted system. Made the appropriate modifications to run on d800 (basically my ROM patch). Then I gutted the thing by removing just about everything I could (see 3rd post for list of what is/isn't removed). I've been running this for a few days and haven't come across anything that is broken. On first boot I think there are only something like 66-68 apps, and the app drawer is virtually empty.

I added Root and ES File Explorer (because I took stock file explorer out).

What this isn't:
    No extra mods!
    No customization!
    Idea was to keep fully stock experience, just remove all the JUNK!
    Wanted to make this to be a good option for using Dorimanx Kernel.

Troubleshooting:

Installation:
    I recommend a full wipe in TWRP.
    CAUTION: If you don't have TWRP 2.8.7.1, your internal storage may not get formatted correctly, and ROM won't boot!
    To install ROM, just flash the zip! (Note: The zip isn't signed.) My zip flashes everything you need for the ROM to work correctly.

Recommended: Flash @dorimanx kernel after install. My zip includes stock 30f kernel.

Go Back to KitKat ROM:
    (1) Boot into recovery, flash my KK bootloader zip from my bootloaders page. (I recommend 20y.)
    (2) Reflash KK ROM/Kernel/Modem as normal. (Don't forget Modem!)
    (3) Wipe data, dalvik, and cache.
    (4) Reboot.

Major Thanks to:

Download:
    https://www.gregtwallace.com/lg-g2/d80230b-rom/

Shameless plug for donations: :)
    Venmo Preferred (No Fee)

Zelle, send to greg@gregtwallace.com

Backup (Charges Fee)
    Paypal

XDA:DevDB Information
    Stock Lollipop (30b) Stripped Down, ROM for the AT&T LG G2

Contributors
    blastagator
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v1
    Stable Release Date: 2015-06-26

Created 2015-06-26
    Last Updated 2019-12-31
    Want to know exactly what's missing?
    I zipped up a file with all the stuff I took out (except the d802 files, because no one on d800 needs those!). It is NOT flashable, it merely contains all of the files. I preserved all of the file permissions, selinux, etc. To properly extract:
    Code:
    tar --selinux --xattrs --acls --same-owner --preserve-permissions -xf [FILENAME.tar] -C [OUTPUT DIRECTORY]
    (Substitute the file name and output directory, without the brackets.)

Currently Present in ROM
    system/app
    btmultisim
    CertInstaller
    com.lge.shutdownmonitor
    com.qualcomm.qti.services.secureui
    ConfigUpdater
    DocumentsUI
    DownloadProviderUi
    DrmService
    EntitlementcheckService
    ESFileExplorer
    GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter
    GoogleContactsSyncAdapter
    HiddenMenu
    HiddenSIMUnlockMenu
    KeyChain
    LGATCMDService
    LGBluetooth4
    LGDivXDRM
    LGDrm
    LGEasySettings
    LGEIME
    LGEIME_DICT_XT9_bin
    LGEIME_THEME_BLACK3
    LGHome_Theme_Optimus
    LGLockScreenSettings
    LgNfc
    LGStk
    LGTouchControlAreas
    LicenseProvider
    PackageInstaller
    PacProcessor
    qcrilmsgtunnel
    servicemenu
    SVIService
    TimeService
    UnifiedEULA
    UserDictionaryProvider
    WebViewGoogle

system/priv-app
    BackupRestoreConfirmation
    CNEService
    com.qualcomm.location
    DefaultContainerService
    FontServer
    FusedLocation
    GmsCore
    GoogleBackupTransport
    GoogleFeedback
    GoogleLoginService
    GoogleOneTimeInitializer
    GooglePartnerSetup
    GoogleServicesFramework
    HomeSelector
    InputDevices
    LGAlarmClock
    LGBrowser
    LGCalculator
    LGCalendar
    LGCalendarProvider
    LGCameraApp
    LGContacts
    LGContactsProvider
    LGDownloadProvider
    LGExternalStorageProvider
    LGFormManager
    LGGallery
    LGGestureAnswering
    LGHome
    LGInCallUI
    LGInstallService
    LGLiveWallpapersPicker
    LGMediaProvider
    LGMessage
    LGNetworkSettings
    LGRCSServices
    LGSettings
    LGSettingsAccessibility
    LGSettingsProvider
    LGStartupwizard
    LGSystemServer
    LGSystemUI
    LGSystemUI_Provider
    LGTelecom
    LGTelephonyProvider
    LGTeleService
    ManagedProvisioning
    MmsService
    Phonesky
    ProxyHandler
    SetupWizard
    SharedStorageBackup
    Shell
    TagGoogle
    Telecom
    WallpaperCropper
    WapService
    WiseScreen

system/vendor/overlay
    com.android.browser
    com.android.calculator2
    com.android.calendar
    com.android.contacts
    com.android.gallery3d
    com.android.incallui
    com.android.mms
    com.android.phone
    com.android.providers.contacts
    com.android.providers.settings
    com.android.settings
    com.android.settingsaccessibility
    com.android.wallpaper.livepicker
    com.lge.camera
    com.lge.clock
    com.lge.eula
    com.lge.ime
    com.lge.launcher2
    com.lge.lockscreensettings
    com.lge.networksettings
    com.lge.settings.easy

Additions
    Root
    ES File Explorer

Currently Removed in ROM
    system/app
    atfwd
    Books
    CaptivePortalLogin
    ChromeWithBrowser
    CloudHub
    Drive
    elt_test
    FaceLock
    Gmail2
    GnssAirTest
    GnssLogCat
    GnssPosTest
    GnssTest
    GoogleTTS
    Hangouts
    HTMLViewer
    LGApduService
    LGDefaultAccount
    LGFOTA
    LGNotebook
    LGPartnerBookmarksProvider
    LGPCSuiteUI
    LGSearchWidgetProvider
    LGSmartcardService
    LGWeather
    LGWeatherService
    LGWeatherTheme
    LGWfdsServices
    LteConfigs
    Maps
    Music2
    Newsstand
    PlayGames
    PlusOne
    PrintSpooler
    QuicksetSDK
    SmartShare
    SmartShareDLNA
    SmartShareProvider
    Street
    talkback
    Videos
    WfdService
    WfdsSendService
    wind_155_2.3_Prod_build_5
    WVTest
    YouTube

system/apps
    LGBoxnet
    LGDictionary
    LGFlashlightWidget
    LGPolarisViewer
    LGQTranslator
    LGSafetyCare
    LGSmartWorld
    LGTaskManager

system/priv-app
    LGApplicationManager
    LGBackup
    LGCb
    LGClockWidget
    LGConnectionWizard
    LGCover
    LGDMSClient
    LGDownloadProviderUi
    LGEmail
    LGFavoriteContactsWidget
    LGFileManager
    LGFmRadio
    LGLW_MultiPhoto
    LGMemo
    LGMusic
    LGMusicWidget
    LGNLPService
    LGPCSuite
    LGQMemoplus
    LGQRemote
    LGQVoiceplus
    LGTasks
    LGTTSPAService
    LGUpdateCenter
    LGVidClip
    LGVideo
    LGVideoEditor
    LGVoiceRecorder
    LGWernickeManager
    MLT
    Velvet
    VpnDialogs

system/vendor/overlay
    com.android.cellbroadcastreceiver
    com.android.providers.downloads.ui
    com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks
    com.lge.appbox.client
    com.lge.bnr
    com.lge.email
    com.lge.filemanager
    com.lge.fmradio
    com.lge.lgworld
    com.lge.lmk
    com.lge.mtalk.sf
    com.lge.music
    com.lge.Notebook
    com.lge.pcsyncui
    com.lge.qmemoplus
    com.lge.qremote
    com.lge.qvoiceplus
    com.lge.sizechangable.favoritecontacts
    com.lge.sizechangable.musicwidget.widget
    com.lge.sizechangable.weather
    com.lge.sizechangable.weather.theme.optimus
    com.lge.smartcover
    com.lge.smartsharepush
    com.lge.task
    com.lge.updatecenter
    com.lge.voicerecorder
    com.lge.wernicke.nlp

(other)
    etc/mrg_default_forms
    Preload
    tts
    recovery-from-boot.bak
    usbautorun.iso
    v1.1
    Does NOT flash misc partition (not needed!)
    If you already flashed v1, flashing this would be pointless.

v1
    Original Release
    Also if you want the Music and other LG Apps you need to find UnifiedEULA.apk since you need to agree to them before you can use it.
    I left this in. In KK when I tried to remove it I got constant FCs, so I didn't even try to take it out on here. I simply freeze it with TiBu after first boot (personally).

Do you have any interest in mirroring an "addons" package for this rom? If i made a flashable zip that added back a few things so if users do want them they can have some LG apps back?
    I have no interest in another project, as I think I mentioned in this thread somewhere else. I simply post what I use for me, thinking others may enjoy also. If you make something I'd have no problem sticking link on first part of post.

I tried to get SplitWindow but it's not working. Basically, I pulled in SplitWindowService into system/priv-app folder, copied com.lge.splitwindow.autosplit_rules.xml to /etc, and related files in /system/etc and set appropriate perms and added two entries to build.prop. Looks to me that I need to modify /system/framework as well. Do you know how we can get it working in your ROM? That would be the icing on the cake.
    I have no idea. I never use (or used) this function. If it was originally in stock 30b, should be able to add it back using the zip I am uploading now.

To ALL - I am uploading zip with all of the stuff I took out, in case anyone wants to make addon packages, etc. Or just do their own thing with it. File is HUGE though, 1.2 GB.
    edit: Uploaded and posted to my site.