Ahhh, Root! Sweet delicious Root! For H810PR only.

Search This thread

CAG-man

Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ohio
www.cag-creations.com
I bricked my phone last night working on "emperiments" for FM radio. After kicking myself for deleting the root image off the internal storage I did the H810PR KDZ restore. I am happy I did. The OP is not kidding, it was a good thing to brick the device. Now no bloat, all my issues are gone (missed touches, lags, and all the other usual complaints). My favorite side effect, awesome battery life. I have the extra battery from the promotion. Today was the first time I did not have to switch the battery out midday. In fact I'm still going strong on my normal usage. The only "charge" was when I flashed the rooted image to root the PR stock. You can see that point in my screenshot. I have an average screen on time for me which appears close to 4 hours. I had heavier use than normal on the device to start the day.

Previously on the standard ATT software I'd be at about 60% after 4 hours.

I think I found a base to build a rom from...

Attachments

• 1438650934081.jpg
    1438650934081.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 425
  • 1438650953184.jpg
    1438650953184.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 427

darkriff

Sep 3, 2012
Sydney
I still have it
Sent from my LG-H810 using XDA Free mobile app

That green spot is very weird

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

I bricked my phone last night working on "emperiments" for FM radio. After kicking myself for deleting the root image off the internal storage I did the H810PR KDZ restore. I am happy I did. The OP is not kidding, it was a good thing to brick the device. Now no bloat, all my issues are gone (missed touches, lags, and all the other usual complaints). My favorite side effect, awesome battery life. I have the extra battery from the promotion. Today was the first time I did not have to switch the battery out midday. In fact I'm still going strong on my normal usage. The only "charge" was when I flashed the rooted image to root the PR stock. You can see that point in my screenshot. I have an average screen on time for me which appears close to 4 hours. I had heavier use than normal on the device to start the day.

Did you check your camera for the green spot?

gburlingame

Dec 10, 2010

Hi CAG-man,

I was wondering if you have taken any pictures since doing the H810PR KDZ restore? I also have an AT&T phone and I would have already switched to this if it weren't for these folks having the "green blob" issue in their pictures. That's a bug I can't afford to have.

Thanks!

Greg

EDIT 8/4: Our posts must have crossed, I just noticed your post where you mention not seeing any green blobs so far. I think I'm going to give this one a bit more time to settle out.

Last edited:
Reactions: CAG-man

darkriff

Sep 3, 2012
Sydney
Hi CAG-man,

I was wondering if you have taken any pictures since doing the H810PR KDZ restore? I also have an AT&T phone and I would have already switched to this if it weren't for these folks having the "green blob" issue in their pictures. That's a bug I can't afford to have.

Thanks!

Greg

EDIT 8/4: Our posts must have crossed, I just noticed your post where you mention not seeing any green blobs so far. I think I'm going to give this one a bit more time to settle out.

Hi please give us feedback when you get the PR kdz installed

nastystang05

Aug 20, 2009
how long should the phone take to restart after typing LEAVE? It is just sitting at the LG boot screen currently.

bobloadmire

Sep 9, 2009
Holy crap, I usually don't post when something works as it should, but holy crap this works great. It's so much better than the US stock rom. Thumbs way up!

darkriff

Sep 3, 2012
Sydney
Should restart immediately. Sometimes you have to manually take out the battery

nastystang05

Aug 20, 2009
Had to reflash with kdz and redownload the image for root. Works fine now. Must have been a bad download or flash. Love the PR ROM. Better battery life more fluidity to the ROM. Now wish i could get wifi calling.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

gburlingame

Dec 10, 2010
The green dot issue hit me today. Was out doing major photography. Made through my scenes thankfully. Restarted phone and there it was.
CAG-man,

A big "thank you!" for letting us know that you unfortunately encountered the green blob issue.
I am so bummed by this issue because it sounds like this firmware is fantastic with the exception of this camera bug. I have been tempted to try it, but I have to say I'm glad I held off after reading of your problem.
I'm wondering if it's an issue in the PR firmware or a subtle incompatibility between the PR firmware and the AT&T phones.
Cheers!
Greg

munkypoo7

Nov 29, 2008
Hanover
Going to ask one heck of a dumb question here...

Regarding the green blob issue, does it happen in other camera apps or just the default app?

I'm only asking as I'd love to have the PR-super-clean rom vs the ATT-bloated rom but the camera is kind of a big deal :\

EDIT: nevermind, happens in third party camera apps, just checked another thread. My apologies :(

CAG-man

Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ohio
www.cag-creations.com

Regarding the green blob issue, does it happen in other camera apps or just the default app?

I'm only asking as I'd love to have the PR-super-clean rom vs the ATT-bloated rom but the camera is kind of a big deal :\

EDIT: nevermind, happens in third party camera apps, just checked another thread. My apologies :(

But I am going to experiment putting the AT&T camera app and libraries on this PR rom. I am a big camera user as I do a lot of photography. I made it through my shoot yesterday before the green blob hit me. So I then experimented with different settings with the blob. I'm hoping I strike gold with the AT&T camera.

djkinetic

Feb 26, 2011
Chicago
I remember reading the green blob issue was already acknowledged as a hardware defect by LG.

dsilx

Apr 21, 2014
fort campbell
oem unlocking?

What is oem unlocking does that mean boot loader unlock? cause my att lg g4 has it in setting

So I looked around and this allows for unlocking boot loader it's in dev setting So yay I think

Last edited:

CAG-man

Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ohio
www.cag-creations.com
I remember reading the green blob issue was already acknowledged as a hardware defect by LG.

Where? It would be an interesting read to see LGs explanation. They may just be replacing hardware just as an easy fix. I've read several XDA members in these forums having replaced the camera itself or the whole handset and the problem came back. Given the fact that the raw image files are untouched by the issue make me believe it is firmware related. If it is hardware, I will warranty my phone.

What is oem unlocking does that mean boot loader unlock? cause my att lg g4 has it in setting

So I looked around and this allows for unlocking boot loader it's in dev setting So yay I think

That option is in all the variants. Just not usable. Select it and it will do nothing. Given that LG acknowledges that they would like to roll an unlock out to more devices, and seeing that option gives me hope that they legitimately plan to do so.

wingcook

Sep 18, 2010
Just a couple of quick questions just so I'm clear:
1) This will put me in a rooted bloat free rom.
2) There are a few down sides ( no 4g during a phone call being the largest so far)
3) This doesn't allow for FM radio.

Just want to make sure I'm reading correctly before I take the jump.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All right you losers and screwups! Everyone who sucked hard at rooting has reason to rejoice!
    Soft-bricking your phone may have been the best thing to happen to you.
    Luck smiles on the unfortunate and the stupid today:eek:!

Use a download manager to get these files, and check the MD5 of your downloaded file against AndroidFileHost.
    Here's the latest rooted version from @diedemus
    Here's the original rooted image for the H810PRa-310-410.

Know what you are doing before attempting to flash these files! Flashing the H810PR firmware is done mostly as a last resort for people who have bootlooping AT&T H810s.

Read all the instructions carefully, then follow the instructions in the root thread 1 through 6, except ignore the parts in step 4 where it mentions tar.gz and the filename since you have a rar file and already had to extract the image file from it and rename it to system.img.

You'll see that we have a different command to flash the H810PR compared to what was used on the H810. Here is the code to copy and paste at the # prompt in the command window:
    Code:
    dd if=/data/media/0/system.img bs=8192 seek=55296 count=529920 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0

• Paste the above code in the command window, then hit enter and pucker your butt.
    • Wait for the # prompt to reappear.
    • Type LEAVE and hit enter.
    • Prepare to crap your pants again or savor the sweet taste of victory!

Good luck!

Feel free to ask questions, but try searching for an answer first please. XDA is loaded with information, but it's squirreled away deep in various threads. Learning to search XDA is a valuable skill. Even if you don't find an answer to your specific question, you'll learn something anyway.

H810PR is much better IMO than stock AT&T except for the danger of the green blob in the camera. There's hardly any bloat (like 100 less packages on the phone, seriously!), and no CarrierIQ to have to bother disabling. All the stuff AT&T broke is working too.

Cons so far:
    • Big ol' green dot in the camera. I wouldn't flash this rom unless I had to because of this issue.
    • No VoLte (voice over LTE). The phone drops to 3G in phone calls. Follow this post to enable LTE outside of a voice call.
    • Voicemail settings are grayed out. To set up, put your SIM in another phone or call ATT.
    • Editing options in camera are overwhelming! There's too many things you can change!
    Pros:
    • The phone comes with very little bloat. There's a huge difference in the number of packages, like 100 less.
    • The stuff AT&T removed or broke is not broke.
    • Editing options in camera are amazing! There's so many things you can change!
    • No CarrierIQ

Here's my H810 repository on Androidfilehost if you're looking for other H810 files.

But I am going to experiment putting the AT&T camera app and libraries on this PR rom. I am a big camera user as I do a lot of photography. I made it through my shoot yesterday before the green blob hit me. So I then experimented with different settings with the blob. I'm hoping I strike gold with the AT&T camera.
    I uploaded a prerooted PR _04 system.image for those that want to update

The system seems snapier and I havent run into the green blob issue yet but I will update if that changes.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=38115

This is pretty sweet! I always wanted to post in the dev folder, and make a reserve post. Not that I really did anything worthy of it, but I'm leaving the post here anyway.