Enabling hotspot on H810 with non-AT&T simcard

Search This thread

b34rclaw

Oct 9, 2014
I am on the T-Mobile network, and recently traded my bricked Zenfone for the H810. After unlocking the cellular network on the H810, I noticed that the tether feature was not working. When switching on the hotspot, a toast pops up that says "Authorizing..." then says it is unable to connect, due to a network issue. This happens for both 5.1 and 6.0. Don't put that G4 on craigslist just yet- there is a solution. It's actually quite a simple fix, however it requires root privileges.

(After Rooting; as of currently, this is limited to android 5.1)
1) Install SQLite Editor
2) Open the app, grant root permissions, then navigate to the "Files" tab.
3) From the root directory, you will want to tap the "data" folder. Tap the next "data" folder. Scroll down and tap the "com.android.providers.settings" folder. Tap the "databases" folder, then tap the "settings.db" file. ("/data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db")
4) From this screen, tap the "system"
5) From here, we are looking for the "tether_entitlement_check_status". Tap this to edit the value column to read "0".
6) Voila! You can now use the tethering feature with other carriers.

The only downside to this, is that since 6.0 has yet to obtain root, you will be limited to using 5.1. :eek:

I hope this helps somebody out. :victory:

-B34rclaw

b34rclaw

Oct 9, 2014
No prob! figured at least it's on here, in case some other poor soul runs into the same issue.

s.a.maan

Sep 28, 2016
Karachi
Just downgraded to 5.1 and rooted my device. Time to try out this. :)

Bilal exactly how did u downgrade to LP from MM...What are the chances of success? I upgraded to MM but the only problem I am having is my phone is not getting any network signals. I want to downgrade so may be I can get back the network signals. everything else is working just fine.

iiJackyii

Jan 20, 2016
I am on the T-Mobile network, and recently traded my bricked Zenfone for the H810. After unlocking the cellular network on the H810, I noticed that the tether feature was not working. When switching on the hotspot, a toast pops up that says "Authorizing..." then says it is unable to connect, due to a network issue. This happens for both 5.1 and 6.0. Don't put that G4 on craigslist just yet- there is a solution. It's actually quite a simple fix, however it requires root privileges.

1) Install SQLite Editor
3) From the root directory, you will want to tap the "data" folder. Tap the next "data" folder. Scroll down and tap the "com.android.providers.settings" folder. Tap the "databases" folder, then tap the "settings.db" file. ("/data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db")
5) From here, we are looking for the "tether_entitlement_check_status". Tap this to edit the value column to read "0".

The only downside to this, is that since 6.0 has yet to obtain root, you will be limited to using 5.1. :eek:

-B34rclaw

I did all the instructions you gave us but always again fail in authentication and every time I change the value from 5 to 0 it again turn to be 5
what should I do?

Paulisto tg

Nov 7, 2018
I did all the instructions you gave us but always again fail in authentication and every time I change the value from 5 to 0 it again turn to be 5
what should I do?

hello, i suggest you to download this app: set edit (this app will open the databases shell instantly) then you scroll in. when you find thethering_entitlement_check_state, you tap on it to modify the value from 5 to 0.
and then enjoy:)
it works for me; hoping it shall be the same to you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1) Install SQLite Editor

-B34rclaw