FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

how to get Oreo update without ATT Sim card?

1,529 posts
Thanks Meter: 324

By mexicandroid, Senior Member on 6th August 2018, 06:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I just got a unlocked ATT LG G6 and I'm currently using a T-Mobile SIM Card. How can I get the Oreo update?
The Following User Says Thank You to mexicandroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mexicandroid Ad-Free

21st November 2018, 05:09 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
same problem here! someone please help us!!!
13th January 2019, 07:38 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I've spent hours researching this and have only found one solution. You have to buy an ATT go phone prepaid SIM card kit for $2 online and install it. Get a "Pay by the minute" plan (it won't let you checkout without selecting the plan, but you don't have to use it).

Once you get the SIM, don't activate it. You can simply install it and then check for updates over wifi. The G6 makes you wait 24 hours between each time you check for updates. You can either just wait until the next day or set system clock to a later date manually.

I've done this twice now to keep it updated. It's embarrassing that in 2018 LG can't push their own OTA updates.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trillexer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Trillexer Ad-Free
15th July 2019, 10:32 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillexer

I've spent hours researching this and have only found one solution. You have to buy an ATT go phone prepaid SIM card kit for $2 online and install it. Get a "Pay by the minute" plan (it won't let you checkout without selecting the plan, but you don't have to use it).

Once you get the SIM, don't activate it. You can simply install it and then check for updates over wifi. The G6 makes you wait 24 hours between each time you check for updates. You can either just wait until the next day or set system clock to a later date manually.

I've done this twice now to keep it updated. It's embarrassing that in 2018 LG can't push their own OTA updates.

Yes been trying to get Oreo from day one I'm going to the simcard charge hope it works
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)