FORUMS

View Poll Results: want a bootloader unlock?

hell yes!

89 Vote(s)
98.89%
meh...

0 Vote(s)
0%
no and don't care!

1 Vote(s)
1.11%

BOUNTY - DEV NEEDED] Bootloader unlock - Root - Twrp - AT&T G6.

4,233 posts
Thanks Meter: 740

By fix-this!, Senior Member on 9th April 2017, 12:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
while the g6 alone is a fantastic device we at&t users want to play to. as of now i know you cannot boot into fastboot on the variant as ive tried. I also know the chances are slim considering the g5 still is locked. but nothings impossible on xda. look at the H910 V20 model for at&t. its unlocked with dirty santa exploit.

this is a donate thread for bootloader unlock, root and twrp.

im not taking a tally so if someone wants to do that then feel free. only rules are you pay what you pledge upon project completion.

this thread is for discussion and pledges.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fix-this! For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fix-this! Ad-Free
9th April 2017, 09:04 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag midwest
Thanks Meter: 740

More
updated :

i no longer have the device. i couldn't live without root, got a op3t. but feel free to keep this open for others.
14th May 2017, 08:52 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Anyone want to get this BOUNTY up and going with me?
21st May 2017, 09:07 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Count me in for $20
11th August 2017, 03:52 PM |#5  
Flag Fort Wayne, IN

More
I'll give $50
3rd October 2017, 06:27 PM |#6  
Flag Tokyo
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I1l also give $80.
11th October 2017, 09:43 PM |#7  
Flag Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Unlock, Root, TWRP, and don't kill anything along the way... $100.
The Following User Says Thank You to EricErb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EricErb Ad-Free
23rd October 2017, 02:28 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Root? Any progress? this device deserves some love. Bounty anyone?
16th November 2017, 03:25 AM |#9  

More
I'd happily pitch in $50 for an unlock. Itching to try out some oreo roms

The G5 remaining locked doesn't make it seem all that likely though

Though I'd love to be proven wrong! (please, before I give in to the 5T announcement tomorrow)
19th November 2017, 08:21 PM |#10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag VT
Thanks Meter: 4,189

More
Guys I dont wanna be that guy, But look back in history now with G4 G5 and now G6 More than likely bootloader unlock will never be achieved AS any device now on noug and above check system verity root is not possible without unlocked bootloader...
The biggest thing here is my self included If you want a rooted device Research before purchases...
Dont buy devices on hope that root and bl unlock will be achieved As LGs "newer" Bootloader signing is impenetrable as of now.
18th January 2018, 08:34 PM |#11  
Flag Fort Wayne, IN

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadScientist

Guys I dont wanna be that guy, But look back in history now with G4 G5 and now G6 More than likely bootloader unlock will never be achieved AS any device now on noug and above check system verity root is not possible without unlocked bootloader...
The biggest thing here is my self included If you want a rooted device Research before purchases...
Dont buy devices on hope that root and bl unlock will be achieved As LGs "newer" Bootloader signing is impenetrable as of now.

I admit, I did NOT do my research. I got a good deal on it, so I picked it up. Coming from the last 2 devices having bootloader unlocked, I suppose I got used to it. It's not the worst thing in the world, but I love to tinker. Guess I'll pick up another device, if I feel like bricking it with some dude's crazy kernels or ROMs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)