FORUMS

Convert/Upgrade the AT&T G6 to H873 OR US997 With VoLTE

13,776 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,198

By hyelton, Recognized Contributor on 17th May 2018, 06:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Lets get those warnings out of the way! Warning Do this at your OWN RISK! There is NO WAY BACK to AT&T firmware at the moment and might never be. Only loss is you'll loose VoLTE and WiFi calling (If using the H873 Firmware)

Idea came from this thread which also perfectly works on the AT&T model! https://forum.xda-developers.com/spr...rsion-t3779966 Its the same method.

We finally get Network Selection AND being able to Disable LTE as well for those who like it, and removing the carrier branding in the top corner. (See screenshots)

Update: 9/29/18 US997 Can be flashed on the H871 as well! As well as gaining VoLTE on AT&T, T-Mobile & Verizon!

Follow the same above instructions (recommended to flash the H873 Firmware first then the US997 firmware)

US997 KDZ's including Latest - http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=X...+G6%2FLS997%2F
(I haven't tested the latest 21b yet)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6816.jpg
Views:	5056
Size:	251.8 KB
ID:	4503510   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6815.jpg
Views:	5052
Size:	245.2 KB
ID:	4503511   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6814.jpg
Views:	5010
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	4503512  
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to hyelton For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hyelton Ad-Free
17th May 2018, 06:52 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Wilmington

Donate to Me
More
resevered
23rd May 2018, 02:55 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
I want to have your baby
The Following User Says Thank You to djjiz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djjiz Ad-Free
25th May 2018, 05:22 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Here to confirm this method Works on G6 H872PR, Thanks!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jounatam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jounatam Ad-Free
25th May 2018, 05:22 AM |#5  
Flag Wilmington

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jounatam

Here to confirm this method Works on G6 H872PR, Thanks!!

Really??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
25th May 2018, 07:17 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Yes, I have an H872PR from Claro PR it was on a 2017 Security Patch,This phone only received one update from Claro. Followed those instructions and now the phone is on Oreo 8.0, Software version H8730c.
The Following User Says Thank You to jounatam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jounatam Ad-Free
25th May 2018, 03:21 PM |#7  
Flag Tampico
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Hi Op, you know if this oreo firmware unlocks the sim card?

Thank you.
25th May 2018, 03:23 PM |#8  
Flag Wilmington

Donate to Me
More
Convert/Upgrade the AT&T G6 to H873 and Oreo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostwildfire

Hi Op, you know if this oreo firmware unlocks the sim card?

Thank you.

Flashing firmware won’t unlock the device (any device for that matter) You need to unlock the device by unlock code.

The Following User Says Thank You to hyelton For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hyelton Ad-Free
27th May 2018, 03:06 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 352

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyelton

Flashing firmware won’t unlock the device (any device for that matter) You need to unlock the device by unlock code.

Curiously the thread you've mentioned in the OP (https://forum.xda-developers.com/spr...rsion-t3779966), claims to be able unlock the SPRINT variety only by merely flashing it with an "open network" type firmware.
In my experience, I've never seen any phone, ever get unlocked by merely flashing a firmware (even if it's "open network" type).
Usually the network lock information is stored in a non-volatile security zone, so this just doesn't make much sense.
Now, I'm not doubting the OP, it's just extremely unusual, but it could be an anomaly or firmware bug.
27th May 2018, 03:09 AM |#10  
Flag Wilmington

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by billa

Curiously the thread you've mentioned in the OP (https://forum.xda-developers.com/spr...rsion-t3779966), claims to be able unlock the SPRINT variety only by merely flashing with an "open network" type firmware.

In my experience, I've never seen any phone, ever get unlocked by merely flashing a firmware (even if it's "open network" type).

Usually the network lock information is stored in a non-volatile security zone, so this just doesn't make much sense.

Now, I'm not doubting the OP, it's just extremely unusual, but it could be an anomaly or firmware bug.

Well this thread is not for unlocking the GSM model which it CANNOT. It’s meant for having a generic open firmware removing all the AT&T junk. Meaning if it’s not unlocked it won’t be unlocked after flashing.

Now the Sprint model is CDMA which is completely different than how GSM works. Sprint CDMA phones are usually software locked to keep it from being used on GSM networks. That explains that

28th May 2018, 05:49 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Getting moisture in charging port and another popup that asks if I want to keep it as a charging device for another phone. I'm sure it's a minor bug and a restart fixes it but I'll be trying to update tomorrow. Saw on a Korean site that there's newer options.
No regrets by the way. So nice finally having a modern os
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)