FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Win Honor 9 Lite

Custom text message tones?????

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Penelope.c.lepew, Junior Member on 1st April 2018, 11:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
After 4/2018 update this morning, all my custom/personalized individual text message tones are gone. Nowhere to add that in contacts. Any help would be great. So far, don't like new update.

2nd April 2018, 12:06 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 227

More
They're gone. Only way to get them back is to go back to Nougat. Not even sure if that's possible at this point.

I'm not crazy about the update either. But in sure I'll eventually get used to it
2nd April 2018, 12:49 AM |#3  
Flag St. Louis, Mo.
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Text message tones? There is a way to personalize ringtones but I never knew there was a specific option for text message tones.
Edit individual rigntones:
Select Contact/edit/ view more/ Ringtone
4th April 2018, 01:34 PM |#4  

More
not a big fan of this new update either. There is an app called Contacts+, which ive used for many years. This app has an sms function that allows you to set custom sms tones. I highly suggest purchasing the full version. Trust me, its worth it. Offers caller ID as well.
4th April 2018, 02:13 PM |#5  
Flag Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 46

Donate to Me
More
Tasker can solve that problem
7th April 2018, 04:36 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy.parks17

not a big fan of this new update either. There is an app called Contacts+, which ive used for many years. This app has an sms function that allows you to set custom sms tones. I highly suggest purchasing the full version. Trust me, its worth it. Offers caller ID as well.

Which Contacts+ are you using? There are several in the play store.
9th April 2018, 02:47 AM |#7  

More
I noticed the same thing over the weekend. Not liking this new update.......I love personalizing text tones so I know who it's from & whether I need to answer right away.
9th April 2018, 03:12 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 227

More
There are several small, yet very useful features like this that they have taken away. Why? I don't understand why they take away features like that? It makes no sense.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)