[ROM][5.0][OF3]AptOS 2.4 [VANILLA]

Search This thread
T

thevividyoshi

If stuck in a bootloop then what is the best procedure to get back to functioning?

You will most likely have to follow the steps from the original post here.
Start by Odin flashing the Kitkat firmware, exploiting with Towelroot, and using Flashfire to get up to Lollipop. Then from there, you can flash to any ROMs. From what I've seen here, flash to AptOS 2.4.5, and then use the OTA flash to get to the latest version.

Reactions: rich7evo

Gborg3

Dec 5, 2013
HP Touchpad
OnePlus 6T
You will most likely have to follow the steps from the original post here.
Start by Odin flashing the Kitkat firmware, exploiting with Towelroot, and using Flashfire to get up to Lollipop. Then from there, you can flash to any ROMs. From what I've seen here, flash to AptOS 2.4.5, and then use the OTA flash to get to the latest version.
After pulling the battery and letting it sit and clearing cache from stock recovery, I did get successful boot so I might try a clean install through Flashfire of the latest build and see what happens.

What are the chances of Android Pay / Google Pay ever working on this ROM? Is it a goal?
Android pay/ Google pay/ Samsung pay
None of them will work and it's not a limitation of this ROM. It's more of superuser, it has to do with the Android eco system and safetynet.
Once a phone has superuser access it just won't work. If you want any pay service to work you have to live without root

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

T

thevividyoshi

Is superuser and root all that SafetyNet checks for? So, for the Marshmallow release of AptOS, where we don't yet have root, would it work?

AptLogic

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 17, 2016
Everywhere and Nowhere at Once
Is superuser and root all that SafetyNet checks for? So, for the Marshmallow release of AptOS, where we don't yet have root, would it work?
We don't know exactly what SafetyNet checks for, but yes generally if it detects root it doesn't pass. AptOS Marshmallow should pass SafetyNet, I'll update you guys on that when we get closer to beta and release builds.
Is it possible to unroot a custom ROM, specifically AptOS?
You should be able to unroot through SuperSU, but take a backup first because I don't know what exactly will happen when you unroot.

Reactions: mschandler76

tooplanx

May 8, 2013
On the MM version of AptOS, is there any possibility of having a few custom settings or options built in? I'm thinking in particular having the ability to disable the home button wake 'feature' and perhaps add a night mode / colour shift, though I'm sure there are other common gripes that people would like to control (headphone volume warning, battery icon etc.)

I'm not sure if this is even possible if MM AptOS (AptOS 3?) won't have root, but thought that if it is possible to do while cooking the ROM then it would mitigate the lack of user root access.

(I personally only use it to run CF.lumen blue light filter and remove the home button wake).

Many thanks. I know it's extra, but I thought I'd put it out there as an idea.

Edit: Can't remember if MM had quick toggles, including a torch / flashlight and a data switch? That's quite important for me.

I've also realised that no root would mean no Flashfire...?

Last edited:

tooplanx

May 8, 2013
Here's hoping! I know we shouldn't pester Aptlogic about updates as I'm sure he/she has lots of other important things to do with their lives.

But I literally check this thread almost everyday in the hope of some new update! :fingers-crossed:

tooplanx

May 8, 2013
I have a problem!

I'm trying to go from AptOS to Xrom but I can'y get Flashfire to work. I open it and it runs through a few start up processes but then crashes just after 'Checking for Pro'.

I've tried disabling it, clearing the cache, uninstalling updates, reinstalling updates, rebooting and safe mode but it still keeps crashing! I read on a forum about setting the system time to 2013, but I can't do that as Settings crashes ever time I try to change the date!

Any advice greatly received!

Last edited:

AptLogic

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 17, 2016
Everywhere and Nowhere at Once
I have a problem!

I'm trying to go from AptOS to Xrom but I can'y get Flashfire to work. I open it and it runs through a few start up processes but then crashes just after 'Checking for Pro'.

I've tried disabling it, clearing the cache, uninstalling updates, reinstalling updates, rebooting and safe mode but it still keeps crashing! I read on a forum about setting the system time to 2013, but I can't do that as Settings crashes ever time I try to change the date!

Any advice greatly received!
Assuming you are talking about flashfire
Check and make sure that you're connected to the internet. If so, go ahead and make sure your system date/time is current, go to the play store and make sure flashfire is up to date. It should work, never had it refuse to start in AptOS itself

Sent from my OnePlus 5T using XDA Labs

tooplanx

May 8, 2013
Assuming you are talking about flashfire
Check and make sure that you're connected to the internet. If so, go ahead and make sure your system date/time is current, go to the play store and make sure flashfire is up to date. It should work, never had it refuse to start in AptOS itself

Sent from my OnePlus 5T using XDA Labs

I had already done all those things unfortunately.

What worked was changing the TW settings back to AOSP which then allowed me to change date to 2013 (TW Settings crash when trying to change date), then Flashfire works.

Not sure why Flashfire only works with a system year of 2013! I'm now successfully on Xrom, but I still have to manually change system time to 2013 to get Flashfire to work. Very odd.

I'm currently trying to get Wanam Xsposed module installed and working.

Is the GPS fix included in the AAR2B zip in the Xrom OP?

tooplanx

May 8, 2013
Am on xrom
Should I go to aptos?

've been on Xrom for several days now (after being in AptOS for quite a while) and I think Xrom is far superior. AptOS has quite a few bugs and things which are non-functional. Xsposed is only partly compatible too.

Xrom is quicker and much more stable. You can have any of the stock features you want (except those restricted from rooted devices), and with Xsposed, Google apps and some other app downloads, you can make it look pretty much as AOSP as Apt OS anyway

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-04-26-11-48-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-04-26-11-48-51.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 207
  • Screenshot_2018-04-26-12-35-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-04-26-12-35-57.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 210
  • 180425_230523.jpg
    180425_230523.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 205

Diabolical_Mir

Apr 9, 2007
Hey,

Is there some kind of theming option with this ROM? I have very poor vision and have difficulty seeing black text on white backgrounds. Is there an option to change to white text on black backgrounds for the system apps? Or can someone suggest if I can achieve this by installing the ROM, and then installing a third party tool to do this?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ZRq1slq.png

The closest to AOSP you can get on a TW Kernel!
    AptOS is here to provide a near-vanilla AOSP experience on locked-bootloader TouchWiz devices!
    It may not be the lightest, or the most power efficient, but it vanilla aesthetics make up for it in leaps and bounds! Featuring a completely stock set of apps, updated Google Play Services, security patches, and more, it gives you everything you need to flash and go (unless you find the Google Maps app useful in which case we're sorry :p).

DISCLAIMER:
    I nor XDA is responsible for ANYTHING you do to your device. You are ultimately responsible for accepting the risks associated with flashing Custom ROMs, and if you go accusing me of you being fired because the alarm didn't go off, its not my problem (but I would like to fix the alarm app if it breaks :p)

Downloads:
    Version 2.5-AAT3B-50w7d: https://aptlo.gq/aptosl
    Explorer (beta) builds are available from that link as well.
    Github: https://github.com/coretechsystems/AptOS-G900A

Flashing:
    Just flash normally with FlashFire:
    Flash Zip/OTA, Mount System Read/Write

A wipe is highly recommended, but probably not required if coming from stock. Definitely required if coming from another custom ROM (with the exception of X ROM).

Add-ons:
    XPOSED:
    Installer App: https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3921508&d=1477916609
    Flashable: https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3955895&d=1480698503
    (You must download and use both)

TOUCHWIZ SETTINGS:
    Flashable: https://github.com/coretechsystems/AptOS-G900A/releases/download/addon-tws/TWSettings.zip

AOSP SETTINGS: (for when you inevitably get tired of the TouchWiz one)
    Flasable: https://github.com/coretechsystems/AptOS-G900A/releases/download/addon-tws/AOSPSettings.zip

DIVINEBEATS W/ V4A:
    Flashable: http://viid.me/qtso0Z (Link provided by original developer)

Screenies:

Screenshots provided by @ZON3D
    PUKMklY.png

5tuYs4x.png

C96vbGH.png

v6GMRqb.png

E88Cbhw.png

2tgIp7r.png

6YeSvVa.png

sAcisdw.png

9r9P09h.png

Kn9OO0p.png

t1JTzpA.png

Changelog:
    **all changelogs for the EXPLORER (beta) versions have been moved to GitHub**
    Code:
    [B]2.5-FINRES-AAT3B[/B]
    -Fixed GPS Bugs
    -Fixed a bug with adaptive brightness
    -Fixed a bug where Portable Hotspot would not stay enabled
    -Fixed a bug where some ringtones would not stick
    -Updated Calculator
    -Updated Chrome
    -Installed Calendar
    -Updated Clock
    -Installed Cloud Print
    -Replaced Gallery2 with Google Photos
    -Updated Google Camera
    -Updated GBoard
    -Updated Contacts
    -Updated Messaging
    -Updated Pixel Launcher to Pixel 2
    -Updated Google Play Store
    -Updated Google Play Services
    -Updated Google
    -Updated Speech
    -AptOS is now Material Design Compliant!
    -UI facelift and framework merge from Nexus 5
    -Multi-user does not work, but you can change your icon now
    -OREO EMOJIS!!! :D :D 💸
    -New Default Wallpaper
    -Storage bug finally fixed
    -framework-res is now signed with a CoreTech signature
    -Updater changes
    -Changed some keypress sounds.
    [B]2.4.5-FINRES-AAT2W[/B]
    -Removed SecVisualEffect-res
    -Removed Xposed
    -GmsCore: Fixed a bug where the installed app library would not display, among
    other small GMSCore issues.
    -Updated OTA Updater
    -Fixed a bug in the Messages app
    -Upgraded FlashFire to 0.57
    -Upgraded GBoard to 6.2.37.154908781
    -Upgraded WebView to 59.0.3071.92
    -Upgraded Messaged to 2.2.075
    -Upgraded Contacts to 2.0.9
    -Replaced the fx File Manager with MiXplorer
    -Updated Google Apps to OpenGApps-20170611
    -Added new bootanimation
    -Removed 20MB of useles font packs
    -Removed some permissions for unnecessary TouchWiz remenants
    -Removed frameworks for specified permissions
    [B]2.4-FINRES-AAT2N[/B]
    !!FINAL RELEASE!!
    +OTA Fixes
    +Icon changes
    +Last-minute bugfixes
    +The calculator app is finally back!
    [B]2.4-prerc1-AAT2I[/B]
    +Finalized most AOSP-app ports
    +More bugfixes on the way!
    [B]2.4-beta-AAT2E-H[/B]
    +Bugfixes
    [B]2.4-beta-AAT2D[/B]
    +New Settings App!
    [B]2.4-beta-AAT2B[/B]
    +Google Apps Updates
    +Updated Messenger
    +Updated WebView
    +Updated Gboard
    +Updated Google App
    +Updated Google Services Framework
    [B]2.4-beta-AAT1Z/2A[/B]
    +Bootanimation Tweaks
    +Fixed Hardware button touch sound.
    [B]2.4-beta-AAT1Y[/B]
    +Preinstalled Xposed
    [B]2.4-beta-AAT1Q-AAT1V[/B]
    +Many bugfixes
    +OTA Updater
    +New Launcher
    +Chrome and FlashFire are now preinstalled.
    [B]2.4-beta-AAT1P:[/B]
    -Rolled Back Google Services Update
    -Rolled Back Google App Update
    -Rolled Back Stagefright patch (don't worry it'll be back soon!)
    -Rolled Back WebView Update
    +Bootanimation Changes
    +Sound Changes
    +Fixed Recents Key Bug
    +Build.prop Changes
    --
    [B]2.4-beta-AAT1N:[/B]
    +Updated Messaging
    +Updated Calculator
    +Updated Clock
    +Updated Google App
    +Updated Google Chrome WebView
    +Updated Google Services Framework
    +New Logo
    +VPN is back!
    +Security Fixes (Stagefright)
    --
    [B]2.4-predbg-AAT1A:[/B]
    +Replaced Launcher (GOOGLE)
    +Replaced Messaging (GOOGLE)
    +Replaced Clock (GOOGLE)
    +Added Camera (GOOGLE)
    +Added Google App (GOOGLE)
    +Replaced Calculator (GOOGLE)
    +Replaced Contacts (GOOGLE)
    -Dialer is missing
    +Replaced My Files (CM)
    +Replaced Gallery (CM)
    +.gitignore tweaks

Bugs:
    -Data Usage in Settings crashes
    -Weird volume issues in Settings
    -Accessibility toggles crash the Settings app
    -Storage display is *little* wonky but usable nonetheless.
    -Fingerprinting cannot be used and has been removed (for now).

Porting:
    AptOS is slated to be ported over to the Verizon S5 by December 2017. If you would like AptOS ported to another Samsung device, PM me with "APTOS: Port Request" in the subject line.
    Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    AptOS, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5

Contributors
    AptLogic
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Prior Downgrade to pre-rooted OF3
    Based On: TouchWiz and then some

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.5
    Stable Release Date: 2017-11-25
    Current Beta Version: EXPLORER-50w7d
    Beta Release Date: 2017-11-25

Created 2017-02-28
    Last Updated 2017-11-25
    So work has been started on AptOS 2.5, which will likely be the last major AptOS release on this device. Got big things in the works, release will be in about two months :)
    For those of you that aren't keeping up with my tweets this evening, I am happy to report that development is progressing well. I have finally overcome the issue with the services.jar file. Got some other bugs that are rearing their ugly heads now, but those are mostly UX-related and I should be able to fix them lickety-split.
    I might publish my progress so far to GitHub later tonight. If I do, however, there will be one catch: no build.prop file :p (and I can tell you for a fact that any publicly available AptOS build.prop files won't work! ;) ;) )
    I'm shooting for a release early next month, a specific date will be available after I can see if most of these bugs can get squashed.
    So, considering I haven't posted in the last five days... thought I might give a status update on what I've been doing.
    So I was doing some thinking the last couple days, and a thought popped into my head. Why not try to build AOSP 5.0 for this device and grab the binaries from there instead of stealing everything from the Nexus 5? This could be the answer to a variety of bugs, which should include most of the Settings bugs and most likely the Google Dialer bug as well!
    So, yesterday I started sharking around to figure out what it would take to build AOSP, and was happy to find out that I had basically everything I needed.

So, last night I fired up a new VMware machine running OS X, and tried to clone the Android source tree to the VM. Problem was, the connection was shared between my PC and the VM, and caused a lot of problems. So, I completely ditched that idea (OS X required a lot more work anyway)
    Moving forward to today, I dusted off my old internal webserver (which is basically just a repurposed Lenovo B570), and set out to re-flash Linux and get rolling.
    Took me 3 (yes, three) hours to accomplish the VERY basic task of installing Ubuntu Budgie 17.04 (for the record I blame Lenovo's temperamental UEFI firmware). So now I've got the terminal running, cloning the Android 5.0 source tree at 9MB/second and we'll see what happens.

My plan is to inject the Samsung OF2 Platform source into the AOSP source, build it, and then run the entire thing through WinMerge against the current AptOS Explorer build. Afterwards, its a simple procedure of picking out what we need and seeing what happens when I replace x with y.
    I'll keep you guys posted on what happens. I really hope this works since I've been downloading for the last two hours.
    :)

UPDATE: Its been about 20 minutes since I posted this and the Android source tree finally finished downloading. I'll be injecting the Samsung Platform source and attempting a build tomorrow!
    Okay so the build finished a couple hours ago, solved my clang issue so that's nice.
    Just deodexed and signed the new settings app, and the battery bug seems to be fixed (mostly). There's still an orange square instead of a refresh button but I suspect a simple framework conflict which I can fix later.
    Storage, Data Usage, and Sounds/Notifications is still broken, so I'm working on that through modifications to the source where necessary. We're making some progress here.
    The SystemUI built from source still has the low battery warning issue, so I'm gonna try to fix that from source and recompile.
    I'll also try grabbing a newer Dialer source package and I'll make some makefile modifications so it'll work on API Level 21