Any Questions Should Be Posted In The Q&A Thread. I Will Be Keeping An Eye On Both This Thread And The Q&A Thread
Extreme Debloat v1.9-v2.3b are all alpha builds; they might work, they might not. Let me know of any issues, but don't expect extensive support for these builds.
PLEASE READ: So we have many successful flashes! As you can see the ROM is under 400mb... It is very possible that we may have missed some useless files or bloatware; this is how you can help:
1: If you know the file name in the app/priv-app folder of the bloat then post it here or PM @elliwigy or @raynan!
2: Uninstalling something from Titanium Backup will tell you the com.android.whatever, and the last pop up right before you uninstall the bloat will be the exact file name that we need to remove it from the ROM! Thanks for the help, and enjoy!
- Based Off My AT&T NCE ZIP
- DeOdex Version Available (Odex Might Come Later Once Verified DeOdexed Works Well)
- Native Hotspot
- Knox Free (v1.1+)
- Init.D (v1.1+)
- Debloated (More removed since v1.1+)
- Lollipop checkboxes, radio buttons and fonts
- Download Booster (Have to create a toggle for it to work which can be found in the thread for it. I will make instructions and have someone test out adding a toggle to Quick Tiles if the maker of it will give me permission to do so.)
- Google Now Launcher (Default Launcher)
- Android L Keyboard (Default and Only Keyboard. Go To Advanced Settings and Change Theme to Material)
- Android L System UI Sounds (Not All System UI Sounds are Available Yet, I Added What I Found!)
- Android L Alarm Sounds
- Android L Ringtones
- Android L Notification Sounds
- No Stock SMS (Removed stock SMS apk, move SMS apk from download link before flashing if you want stock on first boot)
Naturally, in order to get the ROM down to size we had to remove a LOT of stuff from the ROM itself. All basic functions should work. Some of the things that were removed are here:
- Drive Mode
- Baby Stuff
- Kid Stuff
- AT&T Junk
- Samsung Junk
- Stock Messaging app
- Stock Browsers
- Stock Launcher
- Stock Ringtones, Notification Sounds & Alarms
- Stock Clock
- Ultra Power Saving Mode (not that you really need it anymore )
- My Files
-Useless S-Pen Files
-Not working ART stuff
.... You Get The Picture! I do not want to hear about if I'm going to add this or that. If you want SHealth then this is not the ROM for you (unless you can find a zip or a way to side load it.) There are stock options with all the bloat you want!
-Themed SystemUI--Just a few more apps to go!
-Themed System Apps
-Possibly Port Apps from my Nexus 5 Running Android "L"
- Just About Everything!
- Location Bug Squashed (It will now stick without having to reboot device. If for some reason it wont stick, try a reboot and it should work.)
-No more settings FC
-Most FCs you find will be from features removed, head to apps folder and follow the Google Doc to install missing features.
- To Set Wallpaper, You Can Long Press Home Screen or Set From Gallery (I removed native wallpaper picker so it wont work through settings)
-Wallpaper Picker is in the download link!
1: Download ROM from link below.
2: Download SuperSU.zip from HERE.
3: Place ROM and SuperSU.zip on External SD Card (Or you should be able to use internal)
3.5: (Optional) Move/Copy stock apps from the download link to /system/app.
4: Boot in Recovery, make a backup if you want to be on the safe side.
5: In SafeStrap Recovery, use Stock Slot and Wipe (Standard wipe should work)
6: Flash the ROM.zip and then flash the SuperSU.zip immediately after.
7: Reboot System and ENJOY
- @Geohot for www.towelroot.com
- @Hashcode0f for this little thing called SafeStrap Recovery!
- @Misterxtc for answering all my questions
- @Edgarf28 For inspiring me to make this ROM (His XtreStoLite ROM is still smaller than mine haha) and also for his Aroma Add-on Package I used to see what I could remove without breaking the ROM
- Archikitchen (for the kitchen to make it happen)
- The AT&T users in here that asked me to make the ROM for AT&T
- The person who made the download booster MOD
- Viper4Android for the awesome audio MOD!
- @MrHyde03 for providing us with the toggle to be able to enable Download Booster! You're the man!
- @Versatile1 for letting me use his modded stock Email packages. Link to his page here.
- @kevin_1351 for letting me add his keyboard to the package! Link to his thread here.
[email protected] for the radio buttons and checkboxes!
- Everyone else I am forgetting!
@raynan's Google Drive - Changelog and stock apps in Drive.
v1.1 - 7/5/2014 - ~618mb
Extreme Debloat v1.1 - Changelog in Post 3
DeOdex - 684mb:
Extreme Debloat v1.0
P.S. I have also uploaded the bases I created. I also updated my VZW S5 ROM that I put on the back-burner for you AT&T folks! So that ROM is going to be uploaded next, and then the bases for anyone to use as they see fit!
A donation is not required, but I would be grateful to those who help support the cause! I am saving funds for a new laptop and (I doubt it) any devices people want me to work on!
Naked TouchWiz, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 5
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
Based On: Stock
Current Stable Version: 2.3 RC1
Current Beta Version: 2.3b
Last Updated 2014-12-08