FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[How-To] Update to G900A_OF3 - 5.0 and KeepRoot

3,174 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,877

By muniz_ri, Senior Member on 3rd July 2015, 06:33 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
**You can begin the following process from any Build/ROM but you must already have Root Access**

**Required** FlashFire - Play BETA - PREVIEW

Downloads:
- G900A_OF3_Stock_Rooted_ROM
- G900A_OF3_Stock_Rooted_Deodexed_ROM

Previous Builds
- G900A_OF2_Stock_Rooted_ROM
- G900A_OF2_Stock_DeOdexed_ROM

Set your screen timeout setting to 10 mins before beginning!

1. Place the ROM onto your device (use either internal or ext-sdcard).
2. Open the FlashFire app and "Agree" to the Terms and Conditions.
3. Press "(+)" twice to bring up the "Actions" menu.
4. Press "Flash Zip or OTA" and locate and select the ROM. Leave "Auto-mount" unchecked under the "Options" menu and press the checkmark to continue.
5. From the main menu Uncheck all options under "EverRoot" and set "Reboot" setting to *"Download."
6. Press the lightning bolt then "Ok" to begin the **flash .
7. Once the flash is complete and the device reboots into "Download" mode, flash the G900A_OA1_Bootloader using Odin's PDA/AP slot.
*If you are already on the OA1 bootloader, set "Reboot" setting to "Normal" and skip Step 7.
**The screen will turn black then display the contents of your system before beginning the flash. FlashFire will pause for about 1 minute while flashing the "system" partition.

Once complete your device will reboot and pause on the AT&T splash screen for about 1 - 2 minutes (10 - 15 mins for DeOdexed version) before completely rebooting. Done!

Tip: for blazing fast speed turn off animations from Developer Options and reboot!

Known Issues:
- None!

Optional:
- G900A_OF3_TetherAddOn

- G900A_OF2_TetherAddOn (Flash using FlashFire's "Flash zip or ota" option).
- G900A_OC4-OF2_Batch_DeBloater (Customizable)

Notes:
1. The above process will not affect your Knox Warranty Flag.
2. The process will update your Modem, Non-hlos, System, Kernel, and Stock Recovery. The bootloader will not be updated to allow for downgrading to previous firmware versions.
3. No need to wipe prior to flashing! The ROM will automatically perform a factory data reset.
4. If you do not already have root access (or to unbrick) you must flash the G900A_Downgrade_to_NCE.tar using Odin's PDA/AP slot (Caution! Do not flash if you have taken the OC4, OF2, or OF3 ota updates) and root with TowelRoot, before continuing with the above process.
5. To learn more about FlashFire's capabilities on locked bootloader devices see here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...10&postcount=2
The Following 56 Users Say Thank You to muniz_ri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift muniz_ri Ad-Free

3rd July 2015, 06:43 AM |#2  
Flag Cleveland Tx
Thanks Meter: 432

Donate to Me
More
You done it again. Great job
The Following User Says Thank You to dirtydodge For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dirtydodge Ad-Free
3rd July 2015, 06:46 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydodge

You done it again. Great job

Heads-up.....the deodexed version seems crazy fast right out of the gate!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muniz_ri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift muniz_ri Ad-Free
3rd July 2015, 06:48 AM |#4  
Flag Cleveland Tx
Thanks Meter: 432

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri

Heads-up.....the deodexed version seems crazy fast right out of the gate!

Good deal. I'll have to try it maybe next week. I'm busy all weekend plus I'm running TMS5 right now. But kind of a flashaholic ha.
The Following User Says Thank You to dirtydodge For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dirtydodge Ad-Free
3rd July 2015, 08:12 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Learned my lesson on taking OTAs with my old GS3. Been reading on another thread good many people leaped on this one too. SMH. So many warnings against doing so... And we didn't even have to wait that long because... YOU DA MAN!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xCAVEMANx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xCAVEMANx Ad-Free
3rd July 2015, 08:18 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCAVEMANx

Learned my lesson on taking OTAs with my old GS3. Been reading on another thread good many people leaped on this one too. SMH. So many warnings against doing so... And we didn't even have to wait that long because... YOU DA MAN!

Thanks and the worst part for those that took the OF2 ota is their BL qfuse counter was incremented another notch meaning if they softbrick they are locked out of even this file to unbrick: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=61402468

Their only recourse is BestBuy or an ATT store.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to muniz_ri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift muniz_ri Ad-Free
3rd July 2015, 10:58 AM |#7  
Flag New York(Hudson Valley)
Thanks Meter: 262

More
Muniz_ri = Awesome...Thanx Bro
It's unfortunate that AT&T once again failed to deliver a full update....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to unk2009 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift unk2009 Ad-Free
3rd July 2015, 06:14 PM |#9  
Att has went to damned far... it appears they are trying to stop us from even being able to use odin at all. The qfuse thing is getting on my nerves. I will not be getting another att branded phone. I have learned my lesson on that for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adam_ky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adam_ky Ad-Free
3rd July 2015, 06:26 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
fyi...there was a problem with the deodexed ROM. It updated modem and recovery but not system....oops. Will upload correct ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to muniz_ri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift muniz_ri Ad-Free
3rd July 2015, 06:32 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_ky

Att has went to damned far... it appears they are trying to stop us from even being able to use odin at all. The qfuse thing is getting on my nerves. I will not be getting another att branded phone. I have learned my lesson on that for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

Off topic but their measures seem to be intended to stop cell phone theft. They have implemented a pswd before the device can be factory reset which would be useless if downgrading to get around it were allowed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)