OTA update 5.0

Search This thread

kingofbigmac

Oct 23, 2010
Very slow 50 kb/s I have a gigabit connection. This will take 7-8 hours. Brings me back to the dial up days.

thatbigmoose

Jan 11, 2012
This is update from KitKat 4.4.4 to Lollipop 5.0. Download HERE

Thank You to : @thatbigmoose for posting .cfg file.. Orginal post here

Thanks
Side note - you need more bandwidth, it's a very slow download :)

Very slow 50 kb/s I have a gigabit connection. This will take 7-8 hours. Brings me back to the dial up days.

The original Google Drive link I posted https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzdkih-mC2kxMGZnY3JZUUlFQnc/view?usp=sharing

atoddvr6

Jun 29, 2013
Greenwood
No, You will loose root by any method you choose to update to lollipop best to wait and see if root is even possible before updating. otherwise you may find yourself in the position of no root and no way to downgrade to 4.4.x

That's what I figured. I will just keep waiting to see if root is achieved/can be maintained.

CAG-man

Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ohio
www.cag-creations.com
I am uploading to my mediafire for a second dl location for those who are interested. If you want to keep root do not flash this file until a flashable version is available. If you want to flash this version do a backup with Kies so you can restore everything after you update. I did this many times before I rooted this device, it works.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ty1jwgb1xejg8xb/ATTS5Lollipop.zip

Last edited:

Ravenryan

Feb 10, 2015
Okc
How do you flash a Zip with odin? I'm still on 4.4.4 and I don't think my phone has 5.0 activated yet will probably take a few days but im on stock but rooted still, I will wait iguess but i downloaded that zip. But when It is able to root, but how do i flash it?

norbarb

Account currently disabled
Dec 22, 2011
How do you flash a Zip with odin? I'm still on 4.4.4 and I don't think my phone has 5.0 activated yet will probably take a few days but im on stock but rooted still, I will wait iguess but i downloaded that zip. But when It is able to root, but how do i flash it?

This will not work with ODIN, but you can use ADB sideload, instructions are HERE

Neomage84

Nov 23, 2013
Can you install the OTA if you still have 4.4.2 installed? i reflashed stock on my phone and it won't let me update to 4.4.4...keeps getting interrupted/failing.

norbarb

Account currently disabled
Dec 22, 2011
Can you install the OTA if you still have 4.4.2 installed? i reflashed stock on my phone and it won't let me update to 4.4.4...keeps getting interrupted/failing.

There is update floating somewhere 4.4.2 to 4.4.4. Read this : http://xdaforums.com/att-galaxy-s5/general/how-to-root-g900aucu2aoa1-4-4-4-2-3-2015-t3021120

Just Quote from post i post link to :
"1. Should the OA1 ota update fail consider returning to factory stock NCE (all User Data will be lost) by flashing the G900A_Downgrade_to_NCE.tar using Odin's PDA slot(AP in Odin v3.09+) then taking the OTA updates to OA1. Or, place the G900A_NCE_to_NG3_OTA.zip and G900A_NG3_to_OA1_OTA.zip onto your ext-sdcard and sideload from stock recovery starting with the G900A_NCE_to_NG3_OTA.zip. Once updated to OA1 "

Do this. :) Links to download are provided at page i post link

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good fast work @muniz_ri now to see where we can take it from here. Anyone started on a new safestrap yet? @Hashcode Do you have the time to look into it or help one of us to update it?

Thanks! And there are a couple of exciting things happening right now in regard to recovery solutions for locked bootloader devices!
    I have successfully flashed a ROM on my I337 using @Chainfire 's Flashify which is the successor to MobileOdin. It will likely also work on the G900A.

Also, a dev in the Vz Note 3 forum is about to release MultiSystem touted as not only a recovery solution for locked and unlocked devices but much more. Stay tuned!
    This is update from KitKat 4.4.4 to Lollipop 5.0. Download HERE

Thank You to : @thatbigmoose for posting .cfg file.. Orginal post here
    Will either of these (zip or cfg) maintain root?

No, You will loose root by any method you choose to update to lollipop best to wait and see if root is even possible before updating. otherwise you may find yourself in the position of no root and no way to downgrade to 4.4.x
    Need Testers

**You can begin the following process from any previous Build/ROM but you must already have root and Safestrap installed. Make certain Reactivation lock is unchecked!**

Instructions:
    1. Extract the G900A_OC4_Stock_Rooted_Backup from the .rar archive and place it into the following folder: ext-sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/xxxxxx, fyi...the name of this folder will vary. If the folder does not already exist you must first use safestrap to create a nandroid backup and Safestrap will create the folder for you.
    2. From Safestrap recovery press "Wipe" then "Advanced Wipe" and wipe everything but your ext-sdcard.
    3. From the main menu press "Restore," then select and restore the G900A_OC4_Stock_Rooted_Backup.
    4. Once complete from the main menu press "Reboot," then reboot into "Download" mode.
    5. Last, flash the G900A_OC4_Stock_Partitions_wOA1_BL using Odin's PDA slot (AP in Odin v3.09+) and reboot. Done!

The backup does not contain the OC4 bootloader so you can unbrick by flashing the G900A_Downgrade_to_NCE.tar if necessary.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

With our Note 3 L update, we can safely go back to KK via ODIN via @Walter.White method and a script that @carl1961 wrote that flashes the 4.4.2 kernel, allows safestrap usage then just flash the L kernel in safestrap to get back booting L. Is this a possibility?

Yes, should work the same here. I have worked with @carl1961 and he can do some cool stuff!
    Looks like the S5 development is kind of dead. There is not even a single lollipop rom in the development section. :(

from my lollipoped Alianced N3!

Give it time