FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

G935A Root

172 posts
Thanks Meter: 267

By br3w3r, Senior Member on 3rd July 2016, 08:17 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Warning this is engboot, meaning its not made to be used on day to day basis you may run into some issues. Hopefully we can fix them as we go!
Also do not update supersu through playstore untill we are for sure that it wont mess anything up

Notice from @Chainfire:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

I'm just going to leave this here...

SuperSU-v2.74-2-S7QC.zip

You will need:
- Engineering boot images
- Patched version of Odin3 (only AT&T models ?)
- Extract files, and run root.bat with adb on the path

This version of SuperSU is not officially supported. I recommend against updating the APK from the Play Store, or otherwise updating the binaries, unless someone knowledgable has tried before you and confirmed it worked.

If it breaks, you get to keep all the pieces.

First of all thanks to @Chainfire for helping achieve su and @princecomsy for giving me the odin file and engboot

I take no responsibility for anything that happens to your device, same goes for everyone that helped.

First file you will need is here http://d-h.st/gsDA
This is special Odin to bypass SHA-256 made by Princecosmy

Second file you will need is

G935A http://d-h.st/lQY8
G930A http://d-h.st/aK2A
This is the engboot. Using @billas since its already uploaded.

Basically once you have these two files open up the odin included and place the .tar in the ap section should only take a few seconds to flash.

After you are back up download SuperSU made for our phone from here https://download.chainfire.eu/968/Su....74-2-S7QC.zip

Extract the files to a folder.

Here it may get a bit tricky for some.

Go to your adb install location. Open a command window where your adb files are located.

Change the directory to your supersu folder location from earlier, and run the root.bat from the cmd.

I am not very good at instructions as this is my first time doing anything like this.

For the bounty id prefer if you just donate to https://secure.savethechildren.org/s...a/sd/donor.asp

Makes more of a lasting impact then what i could do with any of it.

Again thank you to everyone who helped!

We made it fam!

If you are successful after rooting and can give better instructions please let me know!
The Following 75 Users Say Thank You to br3w3r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift br3w3r Ad-Free

3rd July 2016, 08:20 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Thanks a lot.....you guys are awesome...
The Following User Says Thank You to androfanatic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift androfanatic Ad-Free
3rd July 2016, 08:25 PM |#3  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Detroit, Mi
Thanks Meter: 1,669

More
Thanks! I'll be trying this for T-Mobile varient. But can someone please mirror the Speedyshare links? I can't download them for some reason. Popup blockers perhaps?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Binary100100 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Binary100100 Ad-Free
3rd July 2016, 08:26 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binary100100

Thanks! I'll be trying this for T-Mobile varient. But can someone please mirror the Speedyshare links? I can't download them for some reason. Popup blockers perhaps?

Getting a direct link from @princecomsy currently should have odin and file together
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to br3w3r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift br3w3r Ad-Free
3rd July 2016, 08:31 PM |#5  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Detroit, Mi
Thanks Meter: 1,669

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by br3w3r

Getting a direct link from @princecomsy currently should have odin and file together

That'll be awesome. Thank you so much for your hard work.
Does this trip knox? Can you please explain what this does and what to expect?
The Following User Says Thank You to Binary100100 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Binary100100 Ad-Free
3rd July 2016, 08:31 PM |#6  
What problems might engboot bring? Will this method work with Verizon?
3rd July 2016, 08:35 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYNO20

What problems might engboot bring? Will this method work with Verizon?

Nothing to major to me wifi may remove password after boot and im not 100 percent sure.

It should in theory work.
3rd July 2016, 08:35 PM |#8  
Flag Bar
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Can we flash TWRP after this ? And when the Bootload unlock will u guy work on it ?
3rd July 2016, 08:38 PM |#9  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonith

Can we flash TWRP after this ? And when the Bootload unlock will u guy work on it ?

Hey hey let's not get ahead of ourselves . . .

Good job , by the way Br3w3r !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SkyAttacksX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SkyAttacksX Ad-Free
3rd July 2016, 08:39 PM |#10  
Flag Ardmore
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Will this work for the ATT S7 Edge? When you say not to use on day to day basis, do you do root stuff then revert back to regular kernel?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
3rd July 2016, 08:41 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stew1411

Will this work for the ATT S7 Edge? When you say not to use on day to day basis, do you do root stuff then revert back to regular kernel?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

You can use it on a day to day basis. Dont try going back it will remove what you have done. The issues if there are any are minor.

And yes it is for ATT S7 edge.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to br3w3r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift br3w3r Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread