G935A Root

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sxda7

Oct 5, 2013
Help with tmobile root

the eng boot is a little laggy on t-mobile is it suppose to be like that? And i'm having trouble sending messages any help?

guaneet

May 16, 2013
Morgan Hill, CA
You need that, and the people who put the work in need paid. Create the thread you're looking for by all means!

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Tried that, but it resulted in locking up at the AT&T splash screen when rebooting and getting the phone spectacularly hot. Will have to wait for something that works. Thanks though!

weird sorry to hear that, i think some people loss root upon rebooting, what you can do is re-odin the root file which i think will fix the issue

also it didnt work for me initially but then i flashed xposed and that worked, if i remember correctly wanam hard coded the fix a few updates ago in xposed. Good luck :p

Symphony0fLife

Jun 11, 2016
McAlester, OK
weird sorry to hear that, i think some people loss root upon rebooting, what you can do is re-odin the root file which i think will fix the issue

also it didnt work for me initially but then i flashed xposed and that worked, if i remember correctly wanam hard coded the fix a few updates ago in xposed. Good luck :p

Will try flashing xposed and report back. Thanks again!

xDark_

Aug 7, 2013
What breaks with this? KNOX is tripped and Samsung Pay dies with it, but does anything else get disabled?

Sent from my Samsung SM-G930T using XDA Labs

Skizzy034

Mar 10, 2010
Amsterdam, NY
www.facebook.com
I'll be installing soon too. But I'm doing something first. :)
While downloading G935TUVS3APD8_G935TTMB3APD8_TMB firmware (just in case) I'm also backing everything up with Smart Switch first. Just in case. ;)

2mwvv9s.jpg
Where did you find the FW?

Sent from my VK815 using XDA-Developers mobile app

HiGhDRo3o5

Dec 23, 2012
OK so I've done all the steps and custom comes out upon boot. Only problem is I got a lock on my Google account that sends me a text msg with a code and the tmobile s7 edge won't pick it up automatically as is spose to. FML. Been stuck on this for about half hour. Any one have same issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Warning this is engboot, meaning its not made to be used on day to day basis you may run into some issues. Hopefully we can fix them as we go!
    Also do not update supersu through playstore untill we are for sure that it wont mess anything up

Notice from @Chainfire:

I'm just going to leave this here...

SuperSU-v2.74-2-S7QC.zip

You will need:
    - Engineering boot images
    - Patched version of Odin3 (only AT&T models ?)
    - Extract files, and run root.bat with adb on the path

This version of SuperSU is not officially supported. I recommend against updating the APK from the Play Store, or otherwise updating the binaries, unless someone knowledgable has tried before you and confirmed it worked.

If it breaks, you get to keep all the pieces.

First of all thanks to @Chainfire for helping achieve su and @princecomsy for giving me the odin file and engboot

I take no responsibility for anything that happens to your device, same goes for everyone that helped.

First file you will need is here http://d-h.st/gsDA
    This is special Odin to bypass SHA-256 made by Princecosmy

Second file you will need is

G935A http://d-h.st/lQY8
    G930A http://d-h.st/aK2A
    This is the engboot. Using @billas since its already uploaded.

Basically once you have these two files open up the odin included and place the .tar in the ap section should only take a few seconds to flash.

After you are back up download SuperSU made for our phone from here https://download.chainfire.eu/968/SuperSU/SuperSU-v2.74-2-S7QC.zip

Extract the files to a folder.

Here it may get a bit tricky for some.

Go to your adb install location. Open a command window where your adb files are located.

Change the directory to your supersu folder location from earlier, and run the root.bat from the cmd.

I am not very good at instructions as this is my first time doing anything like this.

For the bounty id prefer if you just donate to https://secure.savethechildren.org/....C01C/Global_Action_Fund/apps/ka/sd/donor.asp

Makes more of a lasting impact then what i could do with any of it.

Again thank you to everyone who helped!

We made it fam!

If you are successful after rooting and can give better instructions please let me know!
    Honestly dont care about the bounty. Wanted community to have this so i worked with multiple people to make it happen because no one else.
    I don't have any of these devices, but it is very common for Samsung boot images to only work on very specific firmwares. Just saying - if it works for one person on a specific device and not for another, check your firmware versions (bootloader versions matter too!)
    Barely have root for an hour or so, and people are crying about how it got there. Geese. Post after post of people wanting root, now its here and people are still complaining. Some people will persevere, find solutions, others find reasons why solutions are the problem.

Restoring my AT&T Unlocked Sim s7 Edge right now. Hope the root all works, and I appreciate all who were able to make it happen. No griping here, only appreciation.
    Thanks! I'll be trying this for T-Mobile varient. But can someone please mirror the Speedyshare links? I can't download them for some reason. Popup blockers perhaps?