172 posts
Thanks Meter: 47

By loganbeck14, Senior Member on 19th May 2017, 08:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th June 2017, 02:52 AM |#21  
Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hi, I am not able to flash this on the firmware I flashed from https://forum.xda-developers.com/att...-2017-t3617101.

Can this be flashed on the AT&T Stock QE1?

30th June 2017, 06:11 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thank you Matt.
[QUOTE=DavyCrockett;72771548]I see some forums on this site that says, " G930UUEU2APEH flashes to g930a" then you have this post that says G930U firmware on SM-G930A. It seems as if one is saying to take the G930U and go to G930A and the other saying G930A and go to G930U. I thought the advantage is to go to the U and get off the A. Please confirm if this is the case. Granted then if this is the case... then, what are the advantages of going to the U? From what I understand it gets rid of the bloatware, and makes it so you can tether?

Also once I go, are there any negative reasons for me not to go from A to U?

Does this give me the current version of Nougat?
Do I get the upgrades from AT&T to keep up with future version of Nougat?

Also before proceeding to the U version MUST I first ROOT my phone?
Also MUST my phone be UNLOCKED?

Just wanted to say thank you Matt for taking the time to answer. In Chicago, I'll buy you a beer
Dave
The Following User Says Thank You to DavyCrockett For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DavyCrockett Ad-Free
30th June 2017, 07:24 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
so whats the HOME_CSC and CSC are those the same or you flash a specific one

sorry new to s7 flashing it was never this complicated before on other samsung phones. i have the g930a model and i want to move over to the U firmware for OTA updates. also will tmo wifi calling work on U or not yet?
1st July 2017, 06:19 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47

More
I'm going to clear some things up real quick. You don't need to be unlocked and unless you got your phone unlocked by a third party unlocker flashing will not re lock your phone and YOU DONT NEED TO BE ROOTED this guide is to help you get rid of bloatware and have the newest Android nougat without rooting
6th July 2017, 06:46 AM |#25  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaUseBT

so whats the HOME_CSC and CSC are those the same or you flash a specific one

sorry new to s7 flashing it was never this complicated before on other samsung phones. i have the g930a model and i want to move over to the U firmware for OTA updates. also will tmo wifi calling work on U or not yet?

I am also wondering about this. I just went ahead flashed the regular CSC. I will report back if anything weird happens.
Edit: No problems occurred.
7th July 2017, 01:14 AM |#26  
Flag Mansfield
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostByte X

I am also wondering about this. I just went ahead just flash the regular CSC. I will report back if anything weird happens.

I just picked one, not even sure which. I have had zero issues with installing this on my 930a. My battery life has easily been doubled, the phone is much faster, no bloat, all the nougat goodies, and i can tether now. Whats not to love? This is how the phone should have come factory.
The Following User Says Thank You to mattgrantlackey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mattgrantlackey Ad-Free
7th July 2017, 01:35 AM |#27  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgrantlackey

I just picked one, not even sure which. I have had zero issues with installing this on my 930a. My battery life has easily been doubled, the phone is much faster, no bloat, all the nougat goodies, and i can tether now. Whats not to love? This is how the phone should have come factory.

Yes, I totally. The phone is so so much more fluid and more enjoyable to use. My AT&T ROM had so many graphical glitches and I am happy that it's gone.
The Following User Says Thank You to FrostByte X For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FrostByte X Ad-Free
7th July 2017, 07:16 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgrantlackey

Yea I agree. I didn't notice since I'm not a day to day Samsung user but my sister noticed the blazing speeds and was like "how?!" So I assume the bloat is real
9th July 2017, 04:20 PM |#29  
Flag Maracaibo
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaUseBT

Yea I agree. I didn't notice since I'm not a day to day Samsung user but my sister noticed the blazing speeds and was like "how?!" So I assume the bloat is real

guys one question, can i use this on a 930v? (the phone wont use a verizon sim card)
10th July 2017, 09:18 AM |#30  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Hope I'm not late. Haven't visited this forum in a while, but IIRC "Home_csc" keeps your data as if you were updating your phone via OTA. Non-home wipes.

Hope this helps.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SkyAttacksX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SkyAttacksX Ad-Free
10th July 2017, 05:07 PM |#31  
Flag Maracaibo
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyAttacksX

Hope I'm not late. Haven't visited this forum in a while, but IIRC "Home_csc" keeps your data as if you were updating your phone via OTA. Non-home wipes.

Hope this helps.

So it should be fine to flash this over 930v, but i shouldnt flash home.csc right?
The Following User Says Thank You to chudm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chudm Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)