By loganbeck14, Senior Member on 19th May 2017, 08:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th July 2017, 05:07 PM |#31  
Flag Maracaibo
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyAttacksX

Hope I'm not late. Haven't visited this forum in a while, but IIRC "Home_csc" keeps your data as if you were updating your phone via OTA. Non-home wipes.

Hope this helps.

So it should be fine to flash this over 930v, but i shouldnt flash home.csc right?
The Following User Says Thank You to chudm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chudm Ad-Free

11th July 2017, 04:20 AM |#32  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chudm

So it should be fine to flash this over 930v, but i shouldnt flash home.csc right?

Correct. Otherwise you'll still have the bloat and not sure how it will interfere with booting. Personally, I think it would be useful for unrooting on the same ROM without wiping, but I haven't tried that although I am rooted.
The Following User Says Thank You to SkyAttacksX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SkyAttacksX Ad-Free
11th July 2017, 06:18 AM |#33  
OKC
Thanks Meter: 16

Donate to Me
More
Does this keep sim unlock? That's the only reason I haven't flashed a new firmware.

I didn't go thru att to do the unlock but I used the code and didn't try to go around anything or get it for free with some adb shinanigans.

Any insight?
11th July 2017, 12:02 PM |#34  
Flag Maracaibo
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:

Correct. Otherwise you'll still have the bloat and not sure how it will interfere with booting. Personally, I think it would be useful for unrooting on the same ROM without wiping, but I haven't tried that although I am rooted.

I only have 1 doubt about this, the vz edition is unlocked for gsm bands, and im using this phone outside of USA, i wont have any problems with others simcards if i update it without home.csc right?
11th July 2017, 12:47 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 199

More
Not that I use it often but would Video calling from AT&T not work anymore? I'm assuming it's built into their software build.
11th July 2017, 12:52 PM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:

Hope I'm not late. Haven't visited this forum in a while, but IIRC "Home_csc" keeps your data as if you were updating your phone via OTA. Non-home wipes.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11th July 2017, 05:03 PM |#37  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47

More
You will lose wifi calling, hd voice and you will lose video calling as well
12th July 2017, 12:55 AM |#38  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatkazoo

Does this keep sim unlock? That's the only reason I haven't flashed a new firmware.

I didn't go thru att to do the unlock but I used the code and didn't try to go around anything or get it for free with some adb shinanigans.

Any insight?

Not sure. If it's unlocked, then theoretically with "unlocking" having to do with unrestricted access for the IMEI (i.e. allowed on any network) it shouldn't be affected. I can't say for sure, but I would think firmware doesn't affect it. Have you factory reset since then? I would weigh your options and be prepared for "if" something goes wrong. Like I said, nothing should go wrong, but there's always a possibility, so be prepared. That's my insight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chudm

I only have 1 doubt about this, the vz edition is unlocked for gsm bands, and im using this phone outside of USA, i wont have any problems with others simcards if i update it without home.csc right?

Given that this is the U firmware, if it already works outside the USA then it should continue to do so. If it doesn't, just re-flash the stock firmware. No big deal there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSRBIKER

Not that I use it often but would Video calling from AT&T not work anymore? I'm assuming it's built into their software build.

Nope, it won't work. I'm on AT&T and it doesn't add that option, so it would be software related. However, I would think that if you root and had the app package for the dialer, it would likely work if you know how to get it installed. There's also a separate package for video calling if I'm not mistaken. But other than that, it's gone. Hey, you get a feature that identifies (spam) callers though! I personally like that, but I digress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaUseBT

Thanks for this

No problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to SkyAttacksX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SkyAttacksX Ad-Free
12th July 2017, 01:14 AM |#39  
OKC
Thanks Meter: 16

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Not sure. If it's unlocked, then theoretically with "unlocking" having to do with unrestricted access for the IMEI (i.e. allowed on any network) it shouldn't be affected. I can't say for sure, but I would think firmware doesn't affect it. Have you factory reset since then? I would weigh your options and be prepared for "if" something goes wrong. Like I said, nothing should go wrong, but there's always a possibility, so be prepared. That's my insight.

Given that this is the U firmware, if it already works outside the USA then it should continue to do so. If it doesn't, just re-flash the stock firmware. No big deal there.

Nope, it won't work. I'm on AT&T and it doesn't add that option, so it would be software related. However, I would think that if you root and had the app package for the dialer, it would likely work if you know how to get it installed. There's also a separate package for video calling if I'm not mistaken. But other than that, it's gone. Hey, you get a feature that identifies (spam) callers though! I personally like that, but I digress.

No problem.

It was unlocked thru a company. Had to pay to get an unlock code so it wasn't anything like flashing or whatnot. It says it's guaranteed to work regardless even after the fact.

I have not factory reset the phone since I got it unlocked.
12th July 2017, 07:59 PM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
g930f???
13th July 2017, 11:27 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatkazoo

Any insight?

I had all U firmware bits and it unlocked fine for me on my G930A. Even had the U radio installed and it got the wifi calling setup for me. I think it was only VoLTE that wasn't working but that was it. I just flashed this update and waiting for the new update to rolling thru on OTA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)