SM-G930U Conversion for all US Snapdragon galaxy s7

Search This thread

loganbeck14

Aug 3, 2016
THIS PAGE HAS BEEN UPDATED FOR OREO.
What You need:
USB cable
Functioning windows computer
Samsung drivers https://developer.samsung.com/galaxy/others/android-usb-driver-for-windows
Odin https://samsungodin.com/download/Odin3_v3.13.1.zip
Firmware https://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model?record=775B2534959211E89F15FA163EE8F90B

Instructions:
Step 1: Put Phone In download Mode by holding down Volume Down+Home+Power Buttons.
Step 2: plug phone into computer and make sure odin shows a com symbol with the word com and a number If it doesn't then use the drivers link I provided
Step 3: load ap bl cp and Csc into odin and then click start when it loads completely.
Step 4:wait for phone to complete flashing and it will reboot to recovery do not touch it until it reaches the setup screen
And you are done.

WIFI CALLING, VOLTE AND ATT VIDEO CALL DO NOT WORK ON THIS FIRMWARE ON ATT OR SPRINT(CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG) ALSO THIS WORKS ON ALL US MODEL S7 NOT S7 EDGE

Last edited:

loganbeck14

Aug 3, 2016
I have been trying to get it working as well. I wish that att would support wifi calling like T-Mobile does I only get 1-2 bars and sometimes no signal when I'm at a certain spot in my workplace and when I had the original att software on my phone I loved wifi calling, I don't particularly miss VOLTE though

Last edited:

TaTaTaing

Apr 16, 2017
Thank you so much for doing this. I was using the wrong Odin to flash.

Quick question on this. Now that I am running the U firmware, will I get OTA updates? I'm using a Cricket sim card.

I hated the AT&T firmware so much. I'm so much happier with this.

thegreatkazoo

Feb 4, 2014
OKC
what is the difference between this is the stock firmware on the att phones??

im on tmobile with an unlocked att s7.

thegreatkazoo

Feb 4, 2014
OKC
I have been trying to get it working as well. I wish that att would support wifi calling like T-Mobile does I only get 1-2 bars and sometimes no signal when I'm at a certain spot in my workplace and when I had the original att software on my phone I loved wifi calling, I don't particularly miss VOLTE though

Need to flash T-Mobile firmware in order for at least wifi calling to work.

h1n1viruz

Aug 21, 2011
South Texas
after flashing this firmware.. I noticed a huge gain in performance.
and mobile hotspot works, I run cricket unlimited, and will come in handy.
I like the clean appearance and the smooth responsiveness, I used the AT&T firmware and I used PDP to disable a ****load of bloat, but nothing like this smooth.
not to mention I'm getting updates, which I'm more happy about.
this is really nice to have.

chudm

Jun 25, 2011
Maracaibo
To begin make sure you have samsung usb drivers installed. Now make sure you use Princecomsys modified odin, next download the latest U Firmware from here https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634768085 or here https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767159704. Next put your phone in download mode and open odin make sure all firmware files are in the right spot and click start wait until your phone boots into recovery mode and restarts, after that to clean up old temp files factory reset in recovery when your phone boots to the welcome screen, after that you are finished. THIS is For att and tmobile phones only unless your verizon phone is using one of the two carriers sprint won't work due to proprietary activation processes. Thanks to Princecomsy and muniz for providing odin and the firmware files for this version

Would this work on an unlocked at&t model?

Thanks

DavyCrockett

Jun 22, 2017
Please help me understand

I see some forums on this site that says, " G930UUEU2APEH flashes to g930a" then you have this post that says G930U firmware on SM-G930A. It seems as if one is saying to take the G930U and go to G930A and the other saying G930A and go to G930U. I thought the advantage is to go to the U and get off the A. Please confirm if this is the case. Granted then if this is the case... then, what are the advantages of going to the U? From what I understand it gets rid of the bloatware, and makes it so you can tether?

Also once I go, are there any negative reasons for me not to go from A to U?

Does this give me the current version of Nougat?
Do I get the upgrades from AT&T to keep up with future version of Nougat?

Also before proceeding to the U version MUST I first ROOT my phone?
Also MUST my phone be UNLOCKED?

Thanks in advance,

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2010
Mansfield
Moto G Power
From what I understand it gets rid of the bloatware, and makes it so you can tether?
Yes to both
Also once I go, are there any negative reasons for me not to go from A to U?
None, unless you like the ATT bloat.
Does this give me the current version of Nougat?
Gives you the latest version of the U firmware
Do I get the upgrades from AT&T to keep up with future version of Nougat?
No, you will get the U OTAs from now on.
Also before proceeding to the U version MUST I first ROOT my phone?
Root is not required
Also MUST my phone be UNLOCKED?
Not required
Thanks in advance,

2char

Top Liked Posts