SM-G930U Conversion for all US Snapdragon galaxy s7

Search This thread

DavyCrockett

Jun 22, 2017
Thank you Matt.

I see some forums on this site that says, " G930UUEU2APEH flashes to g930a" then you have this post that says G930U firmware on SM-G930A. It seems as if one is saying to take the G930U and go to G930A and the other saying G930A and go to G930U. I thought the advantage is to go to the U and get off the A. Please confirm if this is the case. Granted then if this is the case... then, what are the advantages of going to the U? From what I understand it gets rid of the bloatware, and makes it so you can tether?

Also once I go, are there any negative reasons for me not to go from A to U?

Does this give me the current version of Nougat?
Do I get the upgrades from AT&T to keep up with future version of Nougat?

Also before proceeding to the U version MUST I first ROOT my phone?
Also MUST my phone be UNLOCKED?

Just wanted to say thank you Matt for taking the time to answer.:good: In Chicago, I'll buy you a beer :)
Dave

Reactions: mattgrantlackey

loganbeck14

Aug 3, 2016
I'm going to clear some things up real quick. You don't need to be unlocked and unless you got your phone unlocked by a third party unlocker flashing will not re lock your phone and YOU DONT NEED TO BE ROOTED this guide is to help you get rid of bloatware and have the newest Android nougat without rooting

FrostByte X

Jun 2, 2015
Google Pixel 4a
so whats the HOME_CSC and CSC are those the same or you flash a specific one

sorry new to s7 flashing it was never this complicated before on other samsung phones. i have the g930a model and i want to move over to the U firmware for OTA updates. also will tmo wifi calling work on U or not yet?

I am also wondering about this. I just went ahead flashed the regular CSC. I will report back if anything weird happens.
Edit: No problems occurred.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2010
Mansfield
Moto G Power
I am also wondering about this. I just went ahead just flash the regular CSC. I will report back if anything weird happens.

I just picked one, not even sure which. I have had zero issues with installing this on my 930a. My battery life has easily been doubled, the phone is much faster, no bloat, all the nougat goodies, and i can tether now. Whats not to love? This is how the phone should have come factory.

Reactions: drpudding

FrostByte X

Jun 2, 2015
Google Pixel 4a
I just picked one, not even sure which. I have had zero issues with installing this on my 930a. My battery life has easily been doubled, the phone is much faster, no bloat, all the nougat goodies, and i can tether now. Whats not to love? This is how the phone should have come factory.

Yes, I totally. The phone is so so much more fluid and more enjoyable to use. My AT&T ROM had so many graphical glitches and I am happy that it's gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: aarongaudette

Yea I agree. I didn't notice since I'm not a day to day Samsung user but my sister noticed the blazing speeds and was like "how?!" So I assume the bloat is real

thegreatkazoo

Feb 4, 2014
OKC
Does this keep sim unlock? That's the only reason I haven't flashed a new firmware.

I didn't go thru att to do the unlock but I used the code and didn't try to go around anything or get it for free with some adb shinanigans.

Any insight?

chudm

Jun 25, 2011
Maracaibo
Correct. Otherwise you'll still have the bloat and not sure how it will interfere with booting. Personally, I think it would be useful for unrooting on the same ROM without wiping, but I haven't tried that although I am rooted.

I only have 1 doubt about this, the vz edition is unlocked for gsm bands, and im using this phone outside of USA, i wont have any problems with others simcards if i update it without home.csc right?

FSRBIKER

Mar 2, 2010
Not that I use it often but would Video calling from AT&T not work anymore? I'm assuming it's built into their software build.

SkyAttacksX

Mar 28, 2013
Florida
Does this keep sim unlock? That's the only reason I haven't flashed a new firmware.

I didn't go thru att to do the unlock but I used the code and didn't try to go around anything or get it for free with some adb shinanigans.

Any insight?
Not sure. If it's unlocked, then theoretically with "unlocking" having to do with unrestricted access for the IMEI (i.e. allowed on any network) it shouldn't be affected. I can't say for sure, but I would think firmware doesn't affect it. Have you factory reset since then? I would weigh your options and be prepared for "if" something goes wrong. Like I said, nothing should go wrong, but there's always a possibility, so be prepared. That's my insight. :p

I only have 1 doubt about this, the vz edition is unlocked for gsm bands, and im using this phone outside of USA, i wont have any problems with others simcards if i update it without home.csc right?
Given that this is the U firmware, if it already works outside the USA then it should continue to do so. If it doesn't, just re-flash the stock firmware. No big deal there. :p

Not that I use it often but would Video calling from AT&T not work anymore? I'm assuming it's built into their software build.
Nope, it won't work. I'm on AT&T and it doesn't add that option, so it would be software related. However, I would think that if you root and had the app package for the dialer, it would likely work if you know how to get it installed. There's also a separate package for video calling if I'm not mistaken. But other than that, it's gone. Hey, you get a feature that identifies (spam) callers though! I personally like that, but I digress. :)

Thanks for this [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No problem. :)

Reactions: chudm

thegreatkazoo

Feb 4, 2014
OKC
Not sure. If it's unlocked, then theoretically with "unlocking" having to do with unrestricted access for the IMEI (i.e. allowed on any network) it shouldn't be affected. I can't say for sure, but I would think firmware doesn't affect it. Have you factory reset since then? I would weigh your options and be prepared for "if" something goes wrong. Like I said, nothing should go wrong, but there's always a possibility, so be prepared. That's my insight. :p

Given that this is the U firmware, if it already works outside the USA then it should continue to do so. If it doesn't, just re-flash the stock firmware. No big deal there. :p

Nope, it won't work. I'm on AT&T and it doesn't add that option, so it would be software related. However, I would think that if you root and had the app package for the dialer, it would likely work if you know how to get it installed. There's also a separate package for video calling if I'm not mistaken. But other than that, it's gone. Hey, you get a feature that identifies (spam) callers though! I personally like that, but I digress. :)

No problem. :)

It was unlocked thru a company. Had to pay to get an unlock code so it wasn't anything like flashing or whatnot. It says it's guaranteed to work regardless even after the fact.

I have not factory reset the phone since I got it unlocked.

Top Liked Posts