FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

AT&T S8+ SM-G955U unlock bootloader/root (pie)

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By SMS8+, Junior Member on 10th April 2019, 01:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
The guy I bought the phone from had bought this phone from Verizon new. I switched it to AT&T. Everyone is telling me that unlocking bootloader and rooting my S8+ SM-G955U is very difficult. I've been reading and reaching the subject for the past month. Watched every YouTube video I could find useful. All the dudes I see on YouTube make it look so effortless and simple. Need some solid advice and steps please, Thx.

12th April 2019, 01:12 AM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS8+

The guy I bought the phone from had bought this phone from Verizon new. I switched it to AT&T. Everyone is telling me that unlocking bootloader and rooting my S8+ SM-G955U is very difficult. I've been reading and reaching the subject for the past month. Watched every YouTube video I could find useful. All the dudes I see on YouTube make it look so effortless and simple. Need some solid advice and steps please, Thx.

Only way to root is to downgrade to nougat via Odin, u can find all those step and files u need in these forums.
The Following User Says Thank You to kumayam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kumayam Ad-Free
7th May 2019, 09:06 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
HELP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumayam

only way to root is to downgrade to nougat via odin, u can find all those step and files u need in these forums.

i have a sm-g955u1 and cant root it either. Its running on 8.0.0 any suggestions
16th May 2019, 05:58 PM |#4  
Flag Las Tunas
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumayam

Only way to root is to downgrade to nougat via Odin, u can find all those step and files u need in these forums.

have you see this?
https://w w w . mediafire.com/file/t79l867s1971n08/cfar_samsung_sm-g955u(8.0.0)FIXFIRMWARES.COM.rar/file
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)