can i root my ATT G955USQU1AQC9 ?

Search This thread

rmm1110

Jun 14, 2017
Hello, First post, my apologies in advance if this is the wrong place but i have spent some time researching this question but i want to be sure before i brick a $850 phone...i have rooted a few Samsung phones but i think a lot of it was luck and part of it was being able to read instructions (from here, i might add)...i have read enough to believe i can safely root a G955USQU1ACQ9 android 7.0 Kernel 4.4.16-10895874 build NRD90M.G955USQU1AQC9 Knox 2.8

the reason i hesitate to do it myself is the above mentioned cost of this phone and, i saw a "one click root" type thing and used the function that allowed to see if the program can unlock my phone and it says it is not available yet.. i imagine they simply have not updated the program to include my phone but the phone itself is able to be rooted using the methods i see here at XDA for the G955U in general.

so my question is, is this particular phone root-able following the instructions found elsewhere on this site? thank you in advance

rmm1110

Jun 14, 2017
Root on any USA models is IMPOSSIBLE. Most likely will never happen. Save your money.

thanks for the reply.... yes, good old free USA, we're so free, we now have an idiot for president...anyway, thanks for your help..sucks to be an american..we're owned by corporations, this is why they block the root...they want to force this crap on us

ShrekOpher

May 14, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
thanks for the reply.... yes, good old free USA, we're so free, we now have an idiot for president...anyway, thanks for your help..sucks to be an american..we're owned by corporations, this is why they block the root...they want to force this crap on us

From my own personal experience root is blocked in the USA for 2 main reasons.

1.) Corporate contracts - most companies will not allow root access on company phone. In order to steal contracts away from Apple corporations asked to have the phones be locked down tighter. This why even Tmobile locks their bootloaders now. A big part of this is government contracts as well. The USA government is extremely strick on which phone hardware anyone who contracts for them can use.

2.) Samsung Pay - (or tap and pay in general) It will never be allowed to work on a rooted of bootloader unlocked device. And in the USA they are pushing it hard because it is more secure than a physical credit card. Credit card companies lose Billions each year to stolen/lost cards and fraudulent charges. If they force everyone over to a tap and pay solution on your phone they will limit much of that liability.

Honestly I don't think it's a bad thing. The key really is that Google (Android) and OEMs (Samsung) need to continue to roll out the features users want. There should be no need for root anymore. The phone should have all of the features built in, or non root solutions should be found.

To be honest the only thing I miss from root is Viper4Android and even that there are comparable features built in now. I do think Support for older devices should be required as well, but I think Android is addressing that in 8.0 by segmenting out the system from the OEM over lays and drivers, basically allowing Google to push system updates straight to devices.

Reactions: norbarb and rmm1110

rmm1110

Jun 14, 2017
From my own personal experience root is blocked in the USA for 2 main reasons.

1.) Corporate contracts - most companies will not allow root access on company phone. In order to steal contracts away from Apple corporations asked to have the phones be locked down tighter. This why even Tmobile locks their bootloaders now. A big part of this is government contracts as well. The USA government is extremely strick on which phone hardware anyone who contracts for them can use.

2.) Samsung Pay - (or tap and pay in general) It will never be allowed to work on a rooted of bootloader unlocked device. And in the USA they are pushing it hard because it is more secure than a physical credit card. Credit card companies lose Billions each year to stolen/lost cards and fraudulent charges. If they force everyone over to a tap and pay solution on your phone they will limit much of that liability.

Honestly I don't think it's a bad thing. The key really is that Google (Android) and OEMs (Samsung) need to continue to roll out the features users want. There should be no need for root anymore. The phone should have all of the features built in, or non root solutions should be found.

To be honest the only thing I miss from root is Viper4Android and even that there are comparable features built in now. I do think Support for older devices should be required as well, but I think Android is addressing that in 8.0 by segmenting out the system from the OEM over lays and drivers, basically allowing Google to push system updates straight to devices.

thank you for enlightening me. interesting stuff. i have an app that has some control....here it is package disabler pro... ...and you made me feel better about having this phone..thanks

Reactions: arrogant437

cnote74

Nov 26, 2010
oklahoma city
Honestly only thing I miss about root is flashing custom roms like miui. I wish the phone had root but I won't complain as the phone is smooth overall.

jcrompton

Nov 30, 2004
Hurricane, WV
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 5a
From the worst president in the history of our country to an "idiot" ....... Dramatic step up imo

rmm1110

Jun 14, 2017
i am not going to get into a political discussion here...but i will tell you, you are also an idiot if you believe your own BS. says a lot about you to support a racist man making fun of the handicapped and attacking gold star families....biggest mistake the USA ever made and if you are too stupid to realize that..well..i do not need to be a member here

rmm1110

Jun 14, 2017
i have requested my removal from this site..it stinks with trump supporters here..i do not associate with idiots or trash..please remove my profile asap

ShrekOpher

May 14, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
#triggered

Please everyone realize the facade of freedom and voting is just part of the system of control. Cracks me up that people from the USA call out corruption and fixed election from countries all around the world, but somehow fail to see the same corruption and fixed election in their own country. So naive.

Relax dude less than %20 of the population of the country voted in the election. What that should tell you is %80 of the people are smart enough to know the election are rigged and %20 of people are still believing in a pipe dream.

Reactions: darthmalus

Symphony0fLife

Jun 11, 2016
McAlester, OK
It is probably best if I keep my not liberal mouth shut ;)

I don't know, it's kind of fun watching them spout of nonsense and cry. All you have to do is be different than them politically and the nice, warm, loving liberals turn into fascist anti-freedom thugs that burn campuses to the ground. Entertaining and it helps keep them out of power in the future.

I'm just wondering how this moron went from "Can I root my phone" to "**** you racists even though I have no idea who you are, where you're from or what your views are" ?

Reactions: n2music

ShrekOpher

May 14, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I don't know, it's kind of fun watching them spout of nonsense and cry. All you have to do is be different than them politically and the nice, warm, loving liberals turn into fascist anti-freedom thugs that burn campuses to the ground. Entertaining and it helps keep them out of power in the future.

I'm just wondering how this moron went from "Can I root my phone" to "**** you racists even though I have no idea who you are, where you're from or what your views are" ?

Something said triggered that 180 mad rant. Crazy

Last edited:

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com
i am not going to get into a political discussion here...but i will tell you, you are also an idiot if you believe your own BS. says a lot about you to support a racist man making fun of the handicapped and attacking gold star families....biggest mistake the USA ever made and if you are too stupid to realize that..well..i do not need to be a member here
i have requested my removal from this site..it stinks with trump supporters here..i do not associate with idiots or trash..please remove my profile asap

Awwww poor snowflake need a safe room?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lol, butt hurt is strong with this one

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    From the worst president in the history of our country to an "idiot" ....... Dramatic step up imo

Awwww poor snowflake need a safe room?
    How about save the political BS for some other crap site and not fill up XDA with garbage. No one cares who or why you voted the way you do.
    LOl we went from Can we root this phone to XDA = Trump lol . I love this game