Unlocked Version Firmware Galaxy S8+ XAA Version Live!!!

Search This thread

unknownyello

Aug 17, 2008
Its provisioned....so i would have to do it again after????calls get fisconnected before it calls out.... only happens when enhanced is turned on

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

having similiar issue. flashed the csc with Princes odin, no error with odin. phone rebooted and got an error in recovery saying something about not being able to write to data folder. exit out of recovery, and seems like the phone accepted the csc. i was able to see the new settings, enhanced LTE services in connection settings, and advanced messaging under the message windows.

everything looks good, but when i enable the enhanced LTE services, no calls can be received or dialed out. haven't tested wifi calling yet and the advanced messaging option seems to be not working. attached an imaged and it was compressed to 600kb.

any suggestions?

thanks,

darthmalus

Sep 6, 2007
Rantoul
having similiar issue. flashed the csc with Princes odin, no error with odin. phone rebooted and got an error in recovery saying something about not being able to write to data folder. exit out of recovery, and seems like the phone accepted the csc. i was able to see the new settings, enhanced LTE services in connection settings, and advanced messaging under the message windows.

everything looks good, but when i enable the enhanced LTE services, no calls can be received or dialed out. haven't tested wifi calling yet and the advanced messaging option seems to be not working. attached an imaged and it was compressed to 600kb.

any suggestions?

thanks,

I had the same issue originally when i first tired this a while ago. No calls in or out when enhanced lte is turned on. At&t tried to re-provision it, that didnt work, got a new sim card that didnt work either, so i gave up and im back on stock.

P

podagee

just flashed and so far so good. coming from att adb update of q12 to this. flashed everything as said in OP and looks as if everything is working. had to do a factory reset after flashing cause systemui was crashing after that all looks fine. Just got an update also for the latest. Nice. thank you

P

podagee

after messing with the unlocked firmware for a day, had to go back to stock. anytime i would reboot my phone, systemui crashed would always happen. kept trying to get a log but nothing. so back to stock i am.

wrconstruction901

Dec 21, 2014
completed all steps with odin but att still on device S8+

i completed all the steps and after flashing firmware G955USQU1AQEF_G955UOYN1AQEF_USC
MY DEVICE STILL HAS ALL ATT BLOAT AND THE LOGO WHEN I START ...... WHAT AM I DOING WRONG. I TRIED USING THE LINK HERE FOR UNLOCKED VERSION BUT KEPT GETTING FAILED MESSAGE, PLS HELP

hydreds

Jan 23, 2012
Anybody rooted their G955U with base band G955USQU1AQGL?

I am on AT&T and my device is G955U and on base band is G955USQU1AQGL. I don't want to change the carrier. Aim is to root the phone and get rid off all bloatware ( AT&T and Samsung)
What firmware and ODIN I use to root? I couldn't find AQGL system.img.ext4 The CSC SYSTEMROOT zip for my baseband.
Should I follow the steps provided in thread https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s8+/development/root-g955u-g955u1-snapdragon-sampwnd-t3658911

FatalONEM8

Feb 7, 2016
Chester, VT
Can I flash the AT&T modem CP? Will it give me a better connection to AT&T's network?

Edit:No improvement in service, 3xCA still gone only 2xCA from my home tower still :( gonna try US unlocked tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FatalONEM8

Feb 7, 2016
Chester, VT
Can I flash the AT&T modem CP? Will it give me a better connection to AT&T's network?

Edit:EVERYONE 100% SHOULD DO THIS I GET SERVICE IN MY HOUSE NOW!!

What the hell, the reason I flashed the AT&T CP was to get 3xCA back but that doesn't seem to have done anything! In fact I think getting service in my house yesterday was a fluke. Anyone help me please? I want 3xCA back but even flashing the AT&T CP doesn't bring it back :( I'm on stock Canadian G955W firmware with AT&T CP. The phone is an original AT&T S8+. Also I don't think having manual network selection is providing better service than what I had on AT&T's ROM :( I'll try the unlocked US version and see how that goes without the network selection menu since the SIM locks it.

Last edited:

blkghost22

Jan 29, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Following links are for the Unlocked USA Firmware for the Samsung Galaxy S8+ (G955U ONLY) This firmware will delete all user data and remove AT&T Bloatware. I have also included a tutorial video that I found on YouTube. I am not responsible for burned, broken, blown-up or bricked devices. Flash at your on risk.

Instruction Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAHqc3-QkPk
    Odin 3.12.5 - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767159695
    Firmware From Unlocked US Cellular No Bloatware - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7rLA6mgXCYvdkVmSkNjWFNBLUE/view?usp=sharing

Canada Firmware No Bloat Full Samsung with integrated Smart Call (Caller ID for Unknown Numbers) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7rLA6mgXCYvTnFramFmMTNtbWc/view?usp=sharing

APN Settings - https://apn.gishan.net/settings/1740_4_att_apn_settings_for_samsung_galaxy_s8.php

Enjoy The Freedom of no Bloat
    P.S. Use NEXTGENPHONE in the APN in Place of ATT

UPDATE:
    FULLY UNLOCKED USA VERSION XAA

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7rLA6mgXCYvU0lmZXJJQVlkQVE/view?usp=sharing
    First boot is long so just wait.

Smart Call is built in and is not controllable by the user. Spam Protection is.
    Use Prince's Odin for this package
    I have the Verizon version of the phone. Could you give a step by step instruction on how you did this. I'd like to have all the missing features Verizon has removed. Also does hot-spot and Samsung pay work?

Before downloading and installing any drivers, I would recommend that you uninstall any other drivers that may conflict with the new Samsung drivers. Such as other phones like HTC, Motorola drivers etc. Anything, just to be sure. Once you remove them restart your system.

VZW Stock
    http://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model?record=F40B1761350E11E7963AFA163EE8F90B
    Canadian Stock
    http://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model?record=23B1658C346A11E7963AFA163EE8F90B
    Hacked Odin
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/26modnk5c01n96h/Odin3_v3.12_PrinceComsy.zip
    Samsung Drivers
    http://developer.samsung.com/board/download.do?bdId=T000000117&attachId=0000000003
    ADB Drivers from here
    https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979
    Just make sure to install it system wide.
    This may also help, it might not. It's just an easy to find ADB folder that you can download and run from anywhere. Save it to your desktop, or wherever you like.
    https://www.mediafire.com/?l3cvwuzik4v6455

If you had to install any drivers, go ahead and restart your computer now.

Those would be the exact setup I used when flashing my phone. If you run into any issues, as always try a different cable, OEM if you have it, and other USB ports on your PC. Hopefully this step by step will help get things working for you guys.

The first thing that you want to do is go ahead and factory reset your phone. Bring it to a complete stock phone, and make sure that you backup everything and anything that you need before wiping it. After you factory reset the phone, go through the initial setup and just skip everything. Let it activate, but don't bother with setting anything like a password, or extras like Verizon Cloud, etc.

Once you are at the home screen, go ahead into settings and enable developer mode on the phone and then go to the dev settings to enable USB debugging. With that done, switch back to your PC.

On your PC go ahead and open up the comsy version of Odin, and load all the files from the Canadian XAC folder. Just extract the main archive to get to the files within. Also make sure for this step you select the regular CSC file and not the Home_CSC file. The AP always takes awhile to fully load so give that a few minutes and find your ADB folder, or the folder that you downloaded from above.

Make sure that the ADB folder is extracted somewhere easy to find, mines just on my desktop. Then hold Shift and right click on the ADB folder. This will give you some extra options, and the one you want to select is "Open Command Window Here" which will open the contents of the folder in your CMD window. Once you have it open go ahead and type "adb devices" for it to scan and load your phone. You may notice on your S8 a popup asking if you want to allow your device to connect to your PC, go ahead and check the "always allow" and then select yes to allow your phone to be debugged from your computer.

After you run the "adb devices" command it should start up your ADB driver and find your phone. Once it does, type "adb reboot bootloader" to get into download mode. By now the AP file should be loaded and Odin should be ready to flash. I personally didn't have to change any settings within Odin to get it working. If your version doesn't start the flashing after you click start, you may need to try a different cable or USB port out.

If your phone does start the flashing process all you need to do is wait a few minutes for it to finish the process. Once your phone boots up, go ahead and do the same thing where you skip through all the setup EXCEPT the part where you enter a password. Select the PIN security option, and just do something easy like 1111 or 1234, and make sure that you select the option to enter your PIN code before starting your phone. I'm not sure if this is absolutely needed, but I did it anyways as that's what I was told to do and it worked.

Now that you're on the XAC firmware, you'll notice it looks completely unlocked but you won't get any signal or service. Go to your phone app, and in the dialer type in *#2263# to get to the settings menu. From there you will see an option for Band selection. Click that and then within select all bands, and apply settings. I did this like two times just to be sure that I did it right and had enabled all bands.

Another thing, I'm not sure if the popup came up before or after I enabled all bands but I did get a popup to switch the phone to global mode. I remember that it didn't come up right away, so it might help to wait a few minutes to see if that pops up for you. This was with my Verizon sim card installed in the phone by the way. Maybe it will force that dialogue to popup if you try going into APN or your cell network settings. Or try connecting to WiFi, or turning WiFi off, etc. Just try a few things and wait a few minutes to see if that popup comes up. If it doesn't then it might not be important and I wouldn't waste more than 5 minutes if it doesn't come up.

From here, go back into settings and enable developer mode again. Once it's enabled turn on USB debugging again and allow your computer to connect to your phone if it asks again.

On your PC you should still have your Odin and ADB command prompt open. First on Odin clear all the entries, and select all the stock VZW firmware that you downloaded from before into each box. This time for the CSC option you want to select Home_CSC though. Once you have them all loaded up, go back to your command prompt and type in "adb devices" again to make sure the driver is running, and the phone is detected. Once you see your device, type in "adb reboot bootloader" once more to get into download mode. From there, just start the flashing process and let it go until it's all finished.

This time when you boot up your phone you will notice that it asks you for the PIN you entered when you were setting up the XAC version. Enter the PIN to decrypt your storage, and give it a few minutes to boot up. Once you see your new phone activation screen, you can go ahead and get the phone setup how you like it. Once you're on the home screen you won't have signal right away, but after a few minutes it will start to work. At least it did for me.

After you see you're getting service, and the LTE symbol try going online to see if your data is working correctly. Then send a test text message through the stock messaging app. Make sure you can both send a receive them. It helps to have a friend with you so you can see that everything, including MMS is working as well as phone calls.

That would be everything that I did, step by step. I hope that this will help a few people out as I tried being as detailed as possible here. If you do have any issues, I may doing it again step by step, and maybe include some pictures or a video to help you guys out.
    Is there a guide to make the AT&T S8+ software to become the u1 version with no hiccups of any kind?
    There are some guides in the regular s8 no carrier forum. It's really easy though. What I did.

Flash U1 firmware BL/AP/CP/Regular csc NOT home CSC, will wipe data so beware of that.

Once phone passes and reboots just go through set-up and don't enter any of you accounts, just keep hitting skip. Once your to the home screen reboot DL mode. flash ATT user data in the UMS slot and you'll have all the ATT features with a 955U1 model phone still.

1496500011914.jpg1496500023127.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    New XAA Firmware

Here's the link to download the latest US Unlocked for those stuck on old build and unable to update or return to stock.

http://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model?record=DC5018FA508F11E7963AFA163EE8F90B