FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

S8 Active Oreo

112 posts
Thanks Meter: 26
 
By rjyoung00, Senior Member on 31st March 2018, 09:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just got an update notification on my S8 Active. Looks like oreo maybe. 1.2gb
 
 
31st March 2018, 11:57 PM |#2  
rjyoung00's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
It is Oreo!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180331-185438_Settings.jpg
Views:	1124
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	4463132  
1st April 2018, 04:08 PM |#3  
sumnerm1's Avatar
Senior Member
Decatur, Illinois
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Sweet!
2nd April 2018, 05:58 AM |#4  
Golomidov's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjyoung00

It is Oreo!

Great!
Does anybody have a link?
23rd April 2018, 02:25 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Scranton, PA
Thanks Meter: 77
 
Donate to Me
More
I wonder if the leaked ota will update to whatever the next will since its the same baseband. Guess well wait and see lol
8th May 2018, 09:49 PM |#6  
JUSMEJOSE's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Anaheim, CA
Thanks Meter: 808
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twizt3d

I wonder if the leaked ota will update to whatever the next will since its the same baseband. Guess well wait and see lol

I posted the update that you can update using odin
8th May 2018, 10:17 PM |#7  
blessedsword's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Garden Grove
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
don't get the this one Baseband version: G892AUCU2BRC5. Even though I tried to factory reset but I am still getting issues with the navigation bar.
Still waiting for the newest update like from Tmobile. I will never buy any AT&T shitty phone again. Hard, slow to get an update, require a relative ATT Sim card.
8th May 2018, 10:31 PM |#8  
FatalONEM8's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chester, VT
Thanks Meter: 549
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedsword

don't get the this one Baseband version: G892AUCU2BRC5. Even though I tried to factory reset but I am still getting issues with the navigation bar.
Still waiting for the newest update like from Tmobile. I will never buy any AT&T shitty phone again. Hard, slow to get an update, require a relative ATT Sim card.

Yeah...you know, you can install T-Mobile firmware over the AT&T device. Also, that nav bar issue is singular, meaning just you. so what ever it is you're doing, doesn't happen to anyone else. Another thing, if you live somewhere where a USA carrier doesn't provide service, DO NOT buy that phone. Plain and simple, only buy what your service provider or country offers. If you don't you lose out on bands, sometimes LTE entirely, Slow LTE because of the advanced technology only being able to be used on the carrier for the device, and as with the case of AT&T, software updates. The only reason you people are able to even have OTA zips AT ALL is because AT&T has **** security with their OTA server. The only other method to get updates would be Odin firmware, which AT&T doesn't RELEASE, it has to be leaked by companies with a GSPN account, which BTW cost ALOT of money, so the firmware itself is a solid $20 for those who do buy it to share to people here on XDA. And just so everyone knows, this method of pulling OTAs for you people will be patched because Samsung has had enough of their test builds getting leaked by some peachy ***** like me that pull their OTAs from AT&T. However long it takes, who knows, but it's gonna happen. By the way, most of this isn't directed just at you so you understand that, this is to the public in general. Sorry guys but it's true.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatalONEM8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FatalONEM8 Ad-Free
8th May 2018, 11:41 PM |#9  
bboii86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Deep Into Galaxy
Thanks Meter: 669
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalONEM8

Yeah...you know, you can install T-Mobile firmware over the AT&T device. Also, that nav bar issue is singular, meaning just you. so what ever it is you're doing, doesn't happen to anyone else. Another thing, if you livell somewhere where a USA carrier doesn't provide service, DO NOT buy that phone. Plain and simple, only buy what your service provider or country offers. If you don't you lose out on bands, sometimes LTE entirely, Slow LTE because of the advanced technology only being able to be used on the carrier for the device, and as with the case of AT&T, software updates. The only reason you people are able to even have OTA zips AT ALL is because AT&T has **** security with their OTA server. The only other method to get updates would be Odin firmware, which AT&T doesn't RELEASE, it has to be leaked by companies with a GSPN account, which BTW cost ALOT of money, so the firmware itself is a solid $20 for those who do buy it to share to people here on XDA. And just so everyone knows, this method of pulling OTAs for you people will be patched because Samsung has had enough of their test builds getting leaked by some peachy ***** like me that pull their OTAs from AT&T. However long it takes, who knows, but it's gonna happen. By the way, most of this isn't directed just at you so you understand that, this is to the public in general. Sorry guys but it's true.

Edit
8th May 2018, 11:43 PM |#10  
FatalONEM8's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chester, VT
Thanks Meter: 549
 
More
Edit

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
9th May 2018, 12:01 AM |#11  
blessedsword's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Garden Grove
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalONEM8

Yeah...you know, you can install T-Mobile firmware over the AT&T device. Also, that nav bar issue is singular, meaning just you. so what ever it is you're doing, doesn't happen to anyone else. Another thing, if you live somewhere where a USA carrier doesn't provide service, DO NOT buy that phone. Plain and simple, only buy what your service provider or country offers. If you don't you lose out on bands, sometimes LTE entirely, Slow LTE because of the advanced technology only being able to be used on the carrier for the device, and as with the case of AT&T, software updates. The only reason you people are able to even have OTA zips AT ALL is because AT&T has **** security with their OTA server. The only other method to get updates would be Odin firmware, which AT&T doesn't RELEASE, it has to be leaked by companies with a GSPN account, which BTW cost ALOT of money, so the firmware itself is a solid $20 for those who do buy it to share to people here on XDA, such as @bboii86. And just so everyone knows, this method of pulling OTAs for you people will be patched because Samsung has had enough of their test builds getting leaked by some peachy ***** like me that pull their OTAs from AT&T. However long it takes, who knows, but it's gonna happen. By the way, most of this isn't directed just at you so you understand that, this is to the public in general. Sorry guys but it's true.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I just got the new update from ATT, I have to borrow my friend ATT sim like usual. But the new version still has not fixed yet.
I also understand what did you say for the nav bar issues above, but mine is different, not the same results on Google search.
For example:
-Youtube or Google maps is auto minimize after 2 minutes or more on screen.
-Games are automatically back to "waiting screen" in any game.
-All require fingerprints applications automatically back to fingerprint require screen while I was using it.
So I know the issue is the "back" button, I did try to change its location, hide the nav bar, but the same issues. So I know that it does not come from the physical, it is the software.
I did buy an S6 Active 3 years ago so I know the update issues that I have to face with, but Tmobile released their S8 Active too late and I did not know that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes