AT&T Stock Backups, Recoveries, OTAs and Radio IMGs

Search This thread

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Just back up everything and run the ruu u will have latest recovery then.

Agreed. Depending on what the previous user are trying to get back to "stock" from; they may need to RUU, anyway (unrooting a ROM is not enough to allow OTA updates - you need a never rooted stock ROM).

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
could someone upload the stock recovery (from OP) 1.58.502.1 to somewhere besides "mega" when have time? would greatly appreciate it.
thank you
OR .... stock recovery that goes with firmware 4.16.401.13. am s-off , superCID. have no recovery and no version of twrp will 0P6fart.zip because i think ¿ its because i have no stock recovery.

EDIT : got it. :)

"err on the side of kindness"

Last edited:

Saad Saleem

Jan 30, 2016
(Mega) File not found

Please help me I really need this backup but its not available anymore on mega app
Help me
Any new mirror for this?

thelangosta

This thread (maybe whole device?) has been tossed in the trash by the dev community unfortunately. Just Google and their are still new bread crumbs here and there.
The dev community isn't supporting this device? Not much ever happens in this AT&T thread but check the Android development or original development threads for m8 and there's still a very active community.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
This thread (maybe whole device?) has been tossed in the trash by the dev community unfortunately. Just Google and their are still new bread crumbs here and there.

This thread (stock backups, etc.) was just posted by a single user, and it looks like they never maintained it beyond the original (release Kitkat) post. So I would really not take this as a example of the entire dev community. Plus, it's easy to return to stock by RUU or flash the signed firmware.zip, so there isn't much point for such a thread to begin with.

As mentioned, there is still some good development on the M8. It was never a good idea IMO to separate the AT&T version to their own dev section in the first place; as there is no hardware difference between the M8 versions (exceptions of Verizon, Sprint, and the oddballs like M8s, etc. which are really different phones).

Reactions: mrrocketdog

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello XDA, I have been looking around and I didn't see much stuff on AT&T HTC One M8,
    I am hoping this thread will be of use for some of you.

THIS IS FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PHONE
    YOU ARE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK
    YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Stock Backups
    MAKE SURE YOU DO A FACTORY RESET AFTER RESTORING

Stock Recoveries

OTAs
    1.12.502.18_to_1.58.502.1_UPDATE

Radio
    radio_1.16.21331931.LA11G_20.31A.4145.02L

Other Thoughts..
    As of 8/23/2014 I still receive the 1.12.502.18 to 1.58.502.1 OTA Update..

If this helped you in anyway please..
    DONATE

could you please post the latest OTA 2.23 with android 4.4.3 thanks

I haven't been running the AT&T version of this phone for the past week..
    I also heard that they pulled the OTA..
    As soon as it is back. I'll go back to AT&T to get the OTA, Radio, and Stock Backup for you all!

:)
    AT&T stock recovery 2.23.502.3

For those that might need it, here is the stock recovery from the 2.23 RUU. If anyone is interested, I could also add to this post exactly how I get the recovery. It took me about 2 hours to get all the info together that I needed in order to pull it off.

Steps to extract stock recovery:
    1. Flash stock RUU.

2. Boot into TWRP. Don't flash TWRP to phone, but boot into it running on computer. Do this by using the command "fastboot boot recovery.img". Same steps as flashing a new recovery, but in this case you just boot the phone into this version of recovery. You can use the instructions at the link below, just replace flash with boot.

http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/225

3. Root phone by installing SuperSU. Flash the SuperSU.zip from your booted recovery.

4. Reboot phone and update SuperSU from the play store.

5. Connect phone to computer and use ADB to copy recovery partition to img file on phone. I used the guide at this page:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2450045

For the AT&T M8 the block you need to dump is mmcblk0p43

So the command will be this:

adb shell
    su
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p43 of=/sdcard/recovery.img
    The dev community isn't supporting this device? Not much ever happens in this AT&T thread but check the Android development or original development threads for m8 and there's still a very active community.
    Can someone please post the newest stock recovery from the 5.0.2 lollipop update?
    4.28.502.1 recovery
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-cg2hLPn3vTYWxaQ0V5ZWNQaDg/edit?usp=docslist_api

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk