Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

At&t 2.23.502.3 - 4.4.3 Bootable RUU - No PC required - Mac friendly

671 posts
Thanks Meter: 265

By an0ther, Senior Member on 28th August 2014, 04:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
HTC has halted this firmware due to battery drain. I'm sure another firmware will be out in a week or two. I'm sure if you just flash a rom afterwards there will be no battery drain, its probably just something in the software. This firmware will let you flash all of the "newer 2.**" international roms such as Viper etc.. properly with new sound drivers.

Confirmed working first by "italyforever" - I could not test myself since I sold my M8, just wanted to help others out. Confirmed working by several other members too.

At&t 2.23.502.3 Ruu has just come out and I have had requests for bootable RUU. Here it is first from me! Place this file in the root of your ext sd card and boot to hboot and hit vol up to update. If you are soff you do not have to lock boot loader. If you are s-on you must lock boot loader first. Please follow my guide for the 1.58 bootable RUU for any questions. It explains everything. Do not try to modify file as it is singed and encrypted by HTC and will cause issues if you mess with it. If you try to unzip it, it will say corrupt because this is an encrypted file. Just verify md5 to make sure your file is good. The restore takes 14-17 minutes. Plugging in phone is a good idea so there is no chance of battery dying. It will do a bunch of different unzipping and installing. It will bypass certain things too, this is normal. Let the update finish. It will say update complete press button to reboot. Do not touch phone during this process! This is ONLY for the at&t M8, no other variant. CWS__001 or 11111111 cid required. This will erase your phone like new so backup anything needed. I am NOT responsible for anything that happens! Please click my thanks button if I helped you.

2.23.502.3 bootable RUU - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712463537

Old guide - http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-...hboot-t2818556
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to an0ther For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift an0ther Ad-Free

29th August 2014, 12:01 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Has anyone tested this? I get my M8 hopefully by Saturday and hoping to run this RUU as soon as I get it.
29th August 2014, 01:11 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by italyforever

I needed to go back to stock this morning, i used this. worked perfectly, thanks

Does this re-enable S-On or would you still have to do that manually?
29th August 2014, 02:08 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.AuthoR

Does this re-enable S-On or would you still have to do that manually?

No. This will not touch bootloader or security. Never go s-on.
29th August 2014, 04:11 AM |#5  
Flag Memphis
Thanks Meter: 93

Donate to Me
More
This will give me stock recovery?
29th August 2014, 05:01 PM |#6  
Flag Madison
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy1e11

This will give me stock recovery?

Yes it should
29th August 2014, 09:03 PM |#7  
Flag BETHLEHEM
Thanks Meter: 783

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by an0ther

HTC has halted this firmware due to battery drain. I'm sure another firmware will be out in a day or two.

Confirmed working by "italyforever" - I could not test myself since I sold my M8, just wanted to help others out.

At&t 2.23.502.3 Ruu has just come out and I have had requests for bootable RUU. Here it is first from me! Place this file in the root of your ext sd card and boot to hboot and hit vol up to update. If you are soff you do not have to lock boot loader. If you are s-on you must lock boot loader first. Please follow my guide for the 1.58 bootable RUU for any questions. It explains everything. Do not try to modify file as it is singed and encrypted by HTC and will cause issues if you mess with it. This is ONLY for the at&t M8, no other variant. CWS__001 or 11111111 cid required. This will erase your phone like new so backup anything needed. I am NOT responsible for anything that happens! Please click my thanks button if I helped you.

2.23.502.3 bootable RUU - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712463537

Old guide - http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-...hboot-t2818556

the file is broken i downloaded twice and both time got a corrupted file
30th August 2014, 01:43 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEANRIVERA

the file is broken i downloaded twice and both time got a corrupted file

Are you trying to unzip it? I have had multiple people tell me it works great. You cannot unzip an encrypted file, it will say corrupt. This is noted in OP.
30th August 2014, 11:58 PM |#9  
Flag BETHLEHEM
Thanks Meter: 783

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by an0ther

Are you trying to unzip it? I have had multiple people tell me it works great. You cannot unzip an encrypted file, it will say corrupt. This is noted in OP.

no one here has said that this work that's why i asked
31st August 2014, 03:26 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEANRIVERA

no one here has said that this work that's why i asked

Just finished restoring right now.

I came from Viper 2.2x, TWRP, and I re-locked bootloader before starting this RUU. I have never done S-OFF, so I was S-ON when I did this.

Reverted phone to 100% stock, no issues. re-unlocked bootloader and flashed viper again. Perfect.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaze9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blaze9 Ad-Free
31st August 2014, 06:30 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Just used this to update from `1.58 since I couldn't OTA. Works perfectly! I was worried at one point when it kept unzipping and updating the system over and over, but after about the fifth time it finished. Thanks again!
The Following User Says Thank You to akitten007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift akitten007 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)