Thanks Meter: 5,538

By sd_shadow, Recognized Contributor on 23rd September 2015, 09:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This thread has been created
for
Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
Specific to

AT&T HTC One (M8)

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
List of supporters

@redpoint73
@Uzephi
@sd_shadow
To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. If you are not eligible of posting there, you may post here. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
Please look for a similar [HELP THREAD] when visiting another device forum.
If you would like to create a [Help Thread] please Click Here.
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sd_shadow Ad-Free

27th September 2015, 08:36 PM |#3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 683

Donate to Me
More
Posting to have this in my participated list to help support.
The Following User Says Thank You to Uzephi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Uzephi Ad-Free
29th September 2015, 07:03 PM |#4  
Got stuck on htc screen after trying to flash supersu so I relocked my bootloader and tried to ruu but the ruu isn't working. Setup utility finishes and shows me the agreement screen, I click I agree, and then it just closes and goes away. Please guys I need help what do I do
30th September 2015, 12:16 AM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix

Donate to Me
More
So, you are trying to run an ruu in Windows with an exe? Have you tried the zip run?
30th September 2015, 12:17 PM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix

Donate to Me
More
Be sure you right click and run as administrator and make sure no other programs that can talk to your phone are installed (HTC Sync is a common culprit)
30th September 2015, 03:00 PM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 5,573

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NexusS4gFreak

Got stuck on htc screen after trying to flash supersu so I relocked my bootloader and tried to ruu but the ruu isn't working. Setup utility finishes and shows me the agreement screen, I click I agree, and then it just closes and goes away. Please guys I need help what do I do

Answered these issues on the thread you made: http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-...-mode-t3213759
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redpoint73 Ad-Free
18th November 2015, 02:07 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi I was confused what to install nw I am from India I want to install a rom with scenes so that I can get Ota updates. I don't understand difference between unlock/developer edition/Google play edition.. All are same??

My phone is boot unlocked /s off so please tell me what to do than you

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
19th November 2015, 03:13 PM |#10  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 5,573

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmahe53

Hi I was confused what to install nw I am from India I want to install a rom with scenes so that I can get Ota updates. I don't understand difference between unlock/developer edition/Google play edition.. All are same??

My phone is boot unlocked /s off so please tell me what to do than you

Your confusion is understandable, and fairly common. But the differences are significant:

Unlocked: Sense OS with no carrier branding

Developer's Edition: Same as "unlocked" but comes from the factory with bootloader unlocked and no write protection on system partition. The US Developer's Edition is virtually the same in specs to the AT&T version (in fact, the same model ID or MID) meaning it has the same band support, just without AT&T's meddling (bloatware apps, limitations).

Google Play Edition (GPE): No Sense features. This is fairly close to a "pure" Google experience, similar to Nexus branded devices; meaning no manufacturer "skinning" such as Sense (or at least a minimum of it). Another important difference, is that the GPE RUU will modify the partitioning on the phone. The system (OS or ROM) partition is much smaller on GPE, and the "extra" space results in more user-accessible (media) storage. But it also means you can't install most Sense ROMs unless you "convert" back to the Sense partition scheme.; since the system partition is too small to fit a Sense ROM

Depending on what RUU you pick (such as Dev Edition vs. GPE), the band support on the device may change. So be aware.

To fully convert to one of the above, you need to have s-off, then change to the proper CID ( and possibly MID) to match what the RUU requires.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redpoint73 Ad-Free
20th November 2015, 09:54 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thank you for your reply, I am on original at&t lollipop 5.01/s off /boot unlocked. I bought htc mobile because I like sense so can you please give me links to install dev edition /unlocked version.... Any thing no problem I just want a mobile with otg updates..

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, help thread, noob friendly, q&a, redpoint73

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)