FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][STOCK][BUMP'd] LG D850 20F Lollipop 5.0.1 (+ extras)

2,526 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,194

By autoprime, Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer on 11th March 2015, 07:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Stock LG D850 20F Lollipop 5.0.1
Quote:

This thread is based on my original post found in the AT&T G3 Lounge Thread..

What's new is I've just packed 20F into a flashable zip for those with TWRP already installed. It's not much.. but I know many would prefer not to use ADB or terminal.

What's this thread have to offer?
Flashable/BUMP'd D850 20F "rom" (system/boot)
Flashable D850 20F modem
Stock D850 20F partition images
Patched/BUMP'd D850 20F boot.img
Manual directions for installing TWRP if already on 20F
Manual directions for installing 20F if flashable zips aren't your thing
The above mentioned can all be downloaded HERE ON CODEFIRE

Flashable "rom" directions:
1. Put D850_20F_Lollipop_Stock.zip and D850_20F_2.0.1.c1.13-00050_Modem.zip on sdcard
--For root: Also grab the SuperSU zip from Chainfire HERE
2. Boot into TWRP
3. Hit install button and select each zip file you need
4. Swipe to flash... done. Rom flash will take a bit.. be patient.
5. Reboot phone when rom, modem, root is flashed. First Lollipop boot may take up to 5 minutes.

In some cases you may need to wipe cache/dalvik/data(factory reset) in TWRP if the phone gets stuck on boot animation or if things just aren't acting right. To avoid data loss be sure to use something like Helium or Titanium Backup prior to upgrading to Lollipop. TWRP backups/Nandroids don't hurt either.

Having issues with internal sdcard permissions afterwards? Having issues with downloads not saving? You may need to fix your sdcard permissions. In terminal emulator or adb shell enter:

Code:
su
restorecon -FR /data/media/0/
Some have mentioned external sdcard issues.. not sure if anyone has way to fix that? Maybe same command as above only pointing to ext-sd?

MD5:
85460a3ce5d0259477d2f03c64e867e9 D850_20F_Lollipop_Stock.zip
df2564aa824b35dbaf8bd886b5210b4a D850_20F_2.0.1.c1.13-00050_Modem.zip

Below I am including my original directions for manually flashing Lollipop.. whether completely stock and already on 20F... or already rooted/BUMP'd/TWRP'd.

You do not need to pay attention to any of this below if you are just flashing the rom above... these are the original manual directions only. #learn2read

If you want TWRP just downgrade aboot.img and laf.img to KK.. then BUMP'd TWRP will work. Must be rooted to be able to flash TWRP obviously. If not already rooted -- Root with THIS METHOD HERE or use THIS ONE-CLICK METHOD if typing an ADB command scares you.

If rooted and on stock 20F Lollipop follow #1
If already TWRP'd/BUMP'd on KitKat (or using AOSP) and want to manually update to rooted stock 20F follow #2

Download D850 TWRP HERE and rename to twrp.img. download stock KK aboot and laf images HERE. Stick all 3 on root of internal sdcard. You'll also have to flash a patched stock 20F boot.img so that the Lollipop system still boots when using the downgraded aboot.img/laf.img. You can download the patched boot.img HERE. Stick it in the root of your internal sdcard.
Now issue the following commands with ADB shell. If using terminal app on phone do not use the "adb shell" command:
Code:
adb shell
su
md5 /sdcard/aboot.img (confirm md5 = 348064a6d4f8d5b7d3eeec79d86de5bd before proceeding)
dd if=/sdcard/aboot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot
dd if=/sdcard/laf.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf
dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
dd if=/sdcard/patched-20f-boot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot
You are finished and can now reboot back into the rom. You are now rooted, BUMP'd and TWRP'd on Lollipop!

If already TWRP'd/BUMP'd and you want to upgrade manually to 20F Lollipop... download the patched boot.img HERE and stick it on the root of your internal sdcard.. along with the 20F modem.img and system.img. (@timmytim shared system.img in the lounge thread HERE so be sure to thank him)

You may or may not have to "factory reset" in TWRP. YMMV.
[If flashing system.img you must be in TWRP, not the rom, while issuing these commands]
[May need the "Koush Universal ADB" drivers to get ADB goin' in TWRP]
Code:
adb shell
su
dd if=/sdcard/patched-20f-boot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot
dd if=/sdcard/modem.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem
dd if=/sdcard/system.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system
If flashing 20F system via this method you will also need to root since the system.img is stock. Download SuperSU zip from Chainfire HERE and flash the zip in TWRP AFTER flashing the system.img. You are finished and can now reboot back into the rom. You are rooted, BUMP'd and TWRP'd on Lollipop.

The Following 74 Users Say Thank You to autoprime For This Useful Post: [ View ]

11th March 2015, 07:34 PM |#2  
Flag East Elmhurst
Thanks Meter: 160

Donate to Me
More
I used the method 1 since I am already on lollipop rooted. Is this method bumped o mean the bootloader is unlocked?
11th March 2015, 07:42 PM |#3  
Retired Moderator - R.I.P.
Flag Malibu Point
Thanks Meter: 11,252

More
Sweet first in second in
The Following User Says Thank You to TonyStark For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TonyStark Ad-Free
11th March 2015, 07:44 PM |#4  
Flag East Elmhurst

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoprime

Stock LG D850 20F Lollipop 5.0.1

I used the method 1 since I am already on lollipop rooted. Is this method bumped o mean the bootloader is unlocked?
11th March 2015, 07:47 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Testing now, wish me luck!
****UPDATE****
Downloading files: about 5min
Needlessly moving files to External SD: about 5min
Flashing all three files at once: about 4min
First Boot: about 7min
Optimizing apps YMMV
I wiped nothing

Began this method on Bumpd' 850 from this ROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-...12814-t2966409 rooted ('natch)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gpgon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gpgon Ad-Free
11th March 2015, 07:56 PM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Laramie, Wyoming
Thanks Meter: 9,890

Donate to Me
More
Right on nice job 👍👍👍

Running On New Deadly Venom Note 4 v1.0
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Venom0642 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Venom0642 Ad-Free
11th March 2015, 08:01 PM |#7  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,194

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyStark

Sweet first in second in

you can still be first! feel free to remove netomel's first post (post #2) since he's gone and posted it yet again in post #4 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netomel

Following method #1 downgrades your bootloader so that BUMP works. If you did method one(#1)... you are BUMP'd/TWRP'd...

BUMP = G3 unlocked bootloader method.

Any kernel's (and roms with new kernels) flashed thru TWRP on your phone will need to be BUMP'd from here on out unless you go back to 100% stock.. including proper bootloader. Most custom zips should already be pre-BUMP'd so that should not ever be a worry.

Anything that needs to be discussed further about BUMP or unlock does not belong here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgon

Testing now, wish me luck!

Good luck! I don't have a D850 so wasn't able to test

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaksavior

deodexed or odexed?

100% stock system.
no specified odex/deodex = odex

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird38

If I flash this on a stock backup will I still be able to restore stock 4.4 or my cm 12 ROM.just don't want to loose them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louvass

noob question. I am rooted kk can I just flash the Rom, modem and su..and I'll be good ? Thank you for bringing us this.

Yes to both of the above questions. @jaybird38 to make restoring 4.4/aosp nandroids effortless.. be sure to backup the modem as well. you may or may not need to reflash KK modem when using 4.4 roms. @louvass yes, that's exactly what the flashable zips are for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob219

if im already on 5.0.2 illusion rom or any other 5.0.2 rom can't i just flash the rom and modem?

yes that's exactly what the directions say... flash rom zip, modem zip and supersu zip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandro100

Hi my play store won't download anything, just stays stuck on downloading any help please

this can sometimes be fixed by running the following commands in terminal emulator or adb shell:
Code:
su
restorecon -FR /data/media/0
and perhaps a reboot after.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daw41

@autoprime can you share the md5 of the rom zip and modem zip it continues to fail in twrp for me i just want to make sure I have a good copy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordec

Can't get pass boot logo after 2 flashes. Can someone post the MD5 for the ROM? I feel the download was complete. Coming from Illusion AOSP ROM.

85460a3ce5d0259477d2f03c64e867e9 D850_20F_Lollipop_Stock.zip
df2564aa824b35dbaf8bd886b5210b4a D850_20F_2.0.1.c1.13-00050_Modem.zip

In teh future I may reply to people using this post rather than making a new post just to say "yes" or something...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to autoprime For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2015, 08:10 PM |#8  
Flag East Elmhurst

Donate to Me
More
Sorry to sound noob by it needed to be clarified since I did not see it anywhere but I suspected it was BUMP"d just wanted to be sure before start flashing away roms
The Following User Says Thank You to netomel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift netomel Ad-Free
11th March 2015, 08:13 PM |#9  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 6

More
deodexed or odexed?

edit: thanks for the update. I assumed it was odexed but wanted to verify. I'll hold off until there is one deodexed for modular packages then.
11th March 2015, 08:25 PM |#10  
Flag Old Bridge
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Flashed and booted up into the setup. Thank you very much!
11th March 2015, 08:31 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Next challenge is to port D85520i and get it to pass security checks!

Great work, mate.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)