LG G3- WiFi and Bluetooth will Not Turn On, Battery Life Decreasing

Search This thread

datguruguy

Sep 28, 2015
A whole list of problems

Hi guys,

I was wondering what could be wrong with my phone:

Basically, I noticed that my battery life starting to decrease. I went ahead and invested in Anker batteries (comes with two of them) so I could basically improve my battery life.
I also had installed an app called Smart Wifi (an app that would detect the wifi's in my home and switch to the strongest/turn off when none detected) in that time period.

Now the current issues I have about a week later:
1. My wifi won't turn on. It's stuck on "turning on" but never does. I think Bluetooth is doing something similar
2. I will have a fully charged battery inside and the phone will eventually go black. I think it's still on because the phone stays warm. I can't seem to revive it. To fix it, I have to remove the battery and re-insert it.

I tried doing a factory reset and that fixed some of the slowing down problems. The black screen and wifi problem is still there. I'm not too good at this stuff, so any insight would be appreciated. I was considering rooting my phone and seeing if I could solve anything after installing a custom ROM but I wanted another pair of opinions first.

Thanks!

Vesp3r

Feb 12, 2011
Poznań
Hi guys,

Basically, I noticed that my battery life starting to decrease. I went ahead and invested in Anker batteries (comes with two of them) so I could basically improve my battery life.
I also had installed an app called Smart Wifi (an app that would detect the wifi's in my home and switch to the strongest/turn off when none detected) in that time period.

1. My wifi won't turn on. It's stuck on "turning on" but never does. I think Bluetooth is doing something similar
2. I will have a fully charged battery inside and the phone will eventually go black. I think it's still on because the phone stays warm. I can't seem to revive it. To fix it, I have to remove the battery and re-insert it.

I tried doing a factory reset and that fixed some of the slowing down problems. The black screen and wifi problem is still there. I'm not too good at this stuff, so any insight would be appreciated. I was considering rooting my phone and seeing if I could solve anything after installing a custom ROM but I wanted another pair of opinions first.

Thanks!

I have the same problem today.
Factory reset and installing orginal rom don't fix problem :/

chris9986

Jan 16, 2016
Hi guys,

Thanks!

i hv the same problem in my Lg g3 D855. Sometimes when i restart my phone, the wifi is working.. but the phone will shut down itself suddenly..... guys please help

For all of the posters on this thread. I may have a solution. I have a zip toolkit that has everything you need to do a complete restore of your d850. It will replace every bit of code that sometimes flashing a new rom doesnt. Now it will have to wait because there is one bug in the instructions that I accidently left out when i helped another guy, so iv contacted him so he could tell me what it was that I missed. But the process ill post here very soon should fix your problems.

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Here is the link for the file to download. This zip has everything you need to restore your g3 d850 to complete stock (better than factory reset). And has what you need for root.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4FtiSFGCyvHaUlJSGREYm5RRnc/view?usp=drivesdk

********READ QUICK INFO BELOW******
Theres a bit of instruction missing from the included guide so here it is to save yall a confusing headache.

" You have to check mark the "board" box, not SW update...we are downgrading, not upgrading. If you check mark the SW upgrade box, you will end up in a factory reset 2 screen. If that happens just reflash again."

Last edited:
So my problem happened downgrading from marshmallow to kk using lgup. After i used flashtool i didnt get a mini os screen like i always have before it just bootloops but if i keep the battery out long enough it does boot and shows att logo then restarts and bootloops again. The only thing that works is using lollipop kdz from d850pr but i dont get wifi bluetooth or hotspot and the battery drains fast. I wish there was a tot for lollipop i know that would fix it. I did root the d850pr and tried flashing a rooted 20f stock rom but i get boot srcurity and i have to flash all over again. I really dont know why its bootlooping

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

For all of the posters on this thread. I may have a solution. I have a zip toolkit that has everything you need to do a complete restore of your d850. It will replace every bit of code that sometimes flashing a new rom doesnt. Now it will have to wait because there is one bug in the instructions that I accidently left out when i helped another guy, so iv contacted him so he could tell me what it was that I missed. But the process ill post here very soon should fix your problems.

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Here is the link for the file to download. This zip has everything you need to restore your g3 d850 to complete stock (better than factory reset). And has what you need for root.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4FtiSFGCyvHaUlJSGREYm5RRnc/view?usp=drivesdk

********READ QUICK INFO BELOW******
Theres a bit of instruction missing from the included guide so here it is to save yall a confusing headache.

" You have to check mark the "board" box, not SW update...we are downgrading, not upgrading. If you check mark the SW upgrade box, you will end up in a factory reset 2 screen. If that happens just reflash again."
Ive tried your instructions a few hundred times lol samething. Bootloops

So my problem happened downgrading from marshmallow to kk using lgup. After i used flashtool i didnt get a mini os screen like i always have before it just bootloops but if i keep the battery out long enough it does boot and shows att logo then restarts and bootloops again. The only thing that works is using lollipop kdz from d850pr but i dont get wifi bluetooth or hotspot and the battery drains fast. I wish there was a tot for lollipop i know that would fix it. I did root the d850pr and tried flashing a rooted 20f stock rom but i get boot srcurity and i have to flash all over again. I really dont know why its bootlooping

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Well that sucks, it had worked for someone els so it maybe a fluke. An unfortunate one... So one thing to try now is this---

1. Download LG PC Suite here. Don’t worry about USB drivers, this program will automatically install them.

2. Turn your LG G3 off.

3. Connect your LG G3 to your computer and hold the Volume Up button.
4. This will put your phone into Download Mode.

5. After a few seconds in Download mode,
Open LG PC Suite.

6. Tap on the Repair button and follow the steps that the program provides.

7. Wait for the program to fix your LG G3.

Hope this works. If not, ill keep looking for a fix. Im sorry your having these problems. It worked for me and another guy so idk why your bootlooping but I have heard that it can happen even when everything is done right. So lets see what happen. Let me know how the bootloop fix i provided works out.

Reactions: lingo2012
Well that sucks, it had worked for someone els so it maybe a fluke. An unfortunate one... So one thing to try now is this---

1. Download LG PC Suite here. Don’t worry about USB drivers, this program will automatically install them.

2. Turn your LG G3 off.

Open LG PC Suite.

Hope this works. If not, ill keep looking for a fix. Im sorry your having these problems. It worked for me and another guy so idk why your bootlooping but I have heard that it can happen even when everything is done right. So lets see what happen. Let me know how the bootloop fix i provided works out.
Fluke indeed lol its weird but ill try pc suite ill let you know thank you

Fluke indeed lol its weird but ill try pc suite ill let you know thank you
So pc suite didnt work so i downloaded 10f tot and everythings working now except wifi and bluetooth. Bluetooth turns now but it doesnt find anything. So atleast its working ill read around about the bluettoth and wifi. Thank you for your help even if it didnt work it was worth a try

So pc suite didnt work so i downloaded 10f tot and everythings working now except wifi and bluetooth. Bluetooth turns now but it doesnt find anything. So atleast its working ill read around about the bluettoth and wifi. Thank you for your help even if it didnt work it was worth a try

You have a completely new system so... Theres a chance its a hardware problem. It shouldnt since they are built into the SOC but your phone may have broken antennas. Ill keep looking to see what i can find. One thing to try is flash the nwest radio.

Reactions: lingo2012
You have a completely new system so... Theres a chance its a hardware problem. It shouldnt since they are built into the SOC but your phone may have broken antennas. Ill keep looking to see what i can find. One thing to try is flash the nwest radio.
Its weird everything was working until i downgraded from mm to kk. I flashed the newest radio its still not working. Im gonna keep looking around theres gotta be something and thank you again

---------- Post added at 06:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 AM ----------

Ok so i flashed Crdroid and my wifi is working now

Its weird everything was working until i downgraded from mm to kk. I flashed the newest radio its still not working. Im gonna keep looking around theres gotta be something and thank you again

---------- Post added at 06:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 AM ----------

Ok so i flashed Crdroid and my wifi is working now

That was weird, so everything is working ok now?

Yeah its crazy and when i go back to stock wifi and bluetooth dont work
Its probably a corrupt file. Since its working on the rom you just flashed, then ill bet the stock rom file is corrupt. It happens. But glad to see everything it working. Im running CloudyG3 its stock based and it works wonders for me.

SyedAshja

Oct 22, 2017
Hi guys,

Thanks!

i have D850 and believe me i have had every issue with including the one you are talking about the best fix that kinda worked for me was :
1)open up the phone just remove the phiilip screws
2)besides the camera there is a connecting chip
3)place 2 small square pieces of paper on it covering it
4)close it up and see if it is fixed
if not just increase the number of papers
for a visual guide just watch it in youtube

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2. Turn your LG G3 off.

Open LG PC Suite.