FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LG G5 H820 won't make or receive phone calls.

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By e.verri, Junior Member on 6th May 2019, 04:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I ordered four LG G5s H820 off of aliexpress. They seemed to work fine at first. However when I inserted a SIM card, all three started showing the same problem: After a reboot, it would make and receive phone calls for about a minute or two, then it would not work anymore. Couldn't receive phone calls and If you tried calling it you would get a message saying the phone is either disconnected or had no signal or something like that. If I reboot the phone again the same would happen, able to make/receive calls for a minute then it stops. it would also sporadically work, say if someone is would be trying to call, the person calling would get a message the phone is disconnected/off/had no coverage, but once in a while, the call would go through, like after trying to five minutes.

I have full bars where I live and 4G LTE and the SIM used to test the phones was my own, which is working perfectly on my Zuk Z2 plus.

At first, I thought it was a GSM lock. Upon researching online it seems that the LG G5 gives you a straight message warning you when the phone is locked and askes for a GSM unlock code, that isn't happening here.

I also check all frequency bands available where I live and the phone indeed supports them all.

A third possibility that was considered is that the IMEI was blocked by a local government agency because they want to prevent people from importing phones directly, however, they have a tool where you can check if the IMEI is blocked, so I did and it is not blocked.

I'm still trying to figure it out. Maybe there's some sort of software shenanigans going on.

Next, I'm gonna try to jailbreak the phones and install a different operating system. Has anybody done that to this phone?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)