FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

S7 EDGE [7.0] UNLOCKED (G935UOYM4BQD2) +OTA UPDATES(BQH3) [File: 1.85 GB] 4.11.17

80 posts
Thanks Meter: 72

Post Reply Email Thread
NO AT&T BLOATWARE, ALL STOCK & UNLOCKED, FAST DOWNLOAD, QUICK AP LOAD + OTA UPDATES!

WARNING: BEFORE EVER FLASHING A NEW FIRMWARE TO YOUR DEVICE, YOU MUST REMEMBER - Flashing this firmware will erase the entire Internal Storage of your device... not just your app data, but also your private photos, music, text messages, call log and everything else that hasn't been synced or backed up will be completely erased when the drive for your device is entirely formatted when flashing your new firmware. KEEP READING TO LEARN HOW TO SYNC YOUR DEVICE, BACK UP YOUR DATA AND SAVE YOUR SANITY.

This is the unlocked version specified for AT&T S7 Edge models
But will work on the compatible S7 devices listed below.

:::This firmware will work for G935U, G935T, G935A, G935AZ, G935P, G935V, G935R4 Models ONLY:::

Filesize is only 1.85GB! Fast AP Load, Fast Flash, Snappy Rom, Can Remove/Uninstall Most Leftover Bloatware. OTA updates is confirmed to be working! I am now running G935UUEU4BQH3-NRD90M.G935UUEU4BQH3 because of the OTA update, and can now install S8 APKS like the latest version of TouchWiz, Gallery, MyFiles and more!

BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
○Sync App Data
Helium
○Download Win version
Smart Switch for Windows
(New Windows installations need this file installed on your PC if SmartSwitch gives a "Side by Side" installation error: 64 bit machines need both x86 and x64 files to install, x86 machines only need the x86 file to install Samsung SmartSwitch)
vcredist_x86.exe
vcredist_x64.exe

○Download Mac version
Smart Switch for MAC

○Download Mobile App(Needed For PC/MAC Backups)
Smart Switch Mobile

○Backup Your Phone using Desktop Computer
SyncMe

¡BE SURE YOU'VE BACKED UP YOUR ENTIRE PHONE BEFORE PROCEEDING TO FLASH THIS FIRMWARE!
DOWNLOAD FIRMWARE
DOWNLOAD G935UOYM4BQD2

HOW TO INSTALL
○Download Odin PC and v3.12.7(Just in case)
ODIN PC DOWNLOAD
ODIN DOWNLOAD
○Extract Odin ZIP file.
○Right click Odin and click Run as Administrator.
○Power Off phone and boot into Download Mode (Hold Home + Power + Volume Down)
○Select Continue on the warning screen.
○Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin that says Connected
○Unzip and add files to BL, AP, CP, CSC

OPTIONS
○Make sure Re-Partition is NOT selected
○Fully Unroot: Select Phone Bootloader Update (Removes EngBoot Changes)
○Click Start

HOW TO OTA UPDATE
○Click Settings
○Click System Update
○Click Update Manually
○Click Confirm Update

INSTALL S8 APKS
○Download APK FILE
DOWNLOAD S8 APKS
○Click Install
○Click Unknown Sources
○Install APK
○Click Done

S8 APK INFO: You do not need Device Manager.
Alternate TouchWiz APK provided in case one doesn't work.

INSTALL PIXEL OREO LAUNCHER APK

○Download APK FILE
DOWNLOAD OREO LAUNCHER
○Click Install
○Click Unknown Sources
○Install APK
○Click Done

INFO
Reasons to install: Can receive OTA firmware updates, Unlocked for all carriers, doesn't have that branded bloat feel, RUNS SMOOTH after caching, can uninstall and disable most leftover stock Samsung apps (Bloatware). Cannot delete Facebook, etc, but you can still disable the app.

OP INFO UPDATE: CAN NOW INSTALL S8 APKS AFTER UPDATING FIRMWARE OTA TO VERSION G935UUEU4BQE2

HELP SECTION
Are you trying to flash this rom but you are stuck?
Here are the answers that most ask for in order to flash a ROM.

ODIN FAILED TO WRITE ERROR
Did you get this Failed To Write Message in Odin?
----------------------------
Odin Error Message:
<ID:0/003> FAIL! Model dismatch fail
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
---See-Figure-Below---

SOLUTIONS
Did you:
○ Open Odin as Administrator?
○ Try the Prince Comsy version?
○ Enable Developer Settings?
-Open Settings > About Phone > Tap Build Number 7 Times
○ Enable OEM Unlock?
-Go Back to Settings > Tap Developer Options > Tap OEM Unlock

○ Enable USB Debugging?
-Tap Developer Options > Tap USB Debugging

NOTHING WORKS
Did you try every single thing but nothing works?
Well, did you right click "Odin" each time you go to open it and then click "open as administrator"?

Sometimes you have to try several different versions of Odin.
But I have found that Odin3 v3.12.7 was the one that would work when the others had not.
I always would forget to also open Odin as Administrator.
It's a pain in the neck to have to remember to open as admin every time.
But you usually have to do it.

Did you check that ADB had started? Maybe that might be the reason it won't work?
But I doubt it! But you just never know and I am just trying to help you get it flashed.
It's a very quick flash and you can see that the PDA load was very quick as well.

But as far as the errors, you just have to keep trying...
Which I mean, you sometimes have to open, close, reopen Odin when it doesn't work.
Sometimes that helps, sometimes it doesn't.

It's all about the right Odin version at the time
making sure the cord is good
Opening Odin as Admin
And keep trying again after restarting your phone by holding the download mode button sequence again.

Sometimes a fresh start will work, sometimes a restart of the PC will help
Basically, you just have to keep trying. I am on G935A too. I had the same issues, but I never gave up!
Keep trying, you'll get it!

Thanks for trying the rom guys! You are all awesome and helping me make the initial OP better with every question you ask, so thanks!

SCREENSHOTS
Several apps you see in these screenshots are not installed with this ROM
I am Just showing that Carrier Bloatware is minimal

I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR THIS BUILD, I ONLY FOUND THE FILES, EDITED INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE LATEST UNLOCKED VERSION WITH THE SMALLEST FILESIZE, THEN SHARED AND DOCUMENTED IT HERE IN THE S7 FORUMS AFTER TESTING ROM.
A THANKS IS APPRECIATED.

PS, USING THIS FIRMWARE WILL NOT MAGICALLY "UNLOCK YOUR PHONE" YOUR PHONE WILL STILL STAY LOCKED TO YOUR PHONE'S CARRIER AFTER FLASHING THIS FIRMWARE. THIS IS ONLY THE FACTORY UNLOCKED VERSION OF THIS ROM.
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to MafiaIlluminati For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MafiaIlluminati Ad-Free

4th June 2017, 04:21 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
This i can aplly with the 7.0 version of s7 edge att? build february 2k17? this can receive OTA update?
The Following User Says Thank You to alexraptor4 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alexraptor4 Ad-Free
4th June 2017, 04:29 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Juneau, AK.

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexraptor4

This i can aplly with the 7.0 version of s7 edge att? build february 2k17? this can receive OTA update?

Yes you can and it's reported that you can receive OTA with this firmware.
The Following User Says Thank You to MafiaIlluminati For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MafiaIlluminati Ad-Free
4th June 2017, 09:19 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Overall, the only root method is still the engboot method?

I'm running tmo firmware on mine, but have been toying with the idea of flashing U.
The Following User Says Thank You to disturbd1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift disturbd1 Ad-Free
5th June 2017, 04:53 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t12icky0

There is no specific at&t unlocked version. Plus there is already 2 threads with this same info on it so why make another?

Is this any different than the other threads?
7th June 2017, 01:00 AM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Juneau, AK.

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

There is no specific at&t unlocked version. Plus there is already 2 threads with this same info on it so why make another?

Hey, post a link showing this same build on the S7 Edge forums instead of making wild claims without showing proof? You could have sent me a private message by the way, you don't have to start drama. Just saying.
The Following User Says Thank You to MafiaIlluminati For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MafiaIlluminati Ad-Free
7th June 2017, 01:05 AM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Juneau, AK.

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfdub

Is this any different than the other threads?

Yes, this is a different build.
7th June 2017, 01:10 AM |#8  
OP Member
Flag Juneau, AK.

Donate to Me
More
Status update!
If you see another thread with this rom within this section of the forum, please show me. LOL. I wouldn't post without doing my homework, I didn't find this rom anywhere on XDA before posting. I'm doing you guys a favor and I don't have to do this, either appreciate it and try the ROM or move onto a different forum for a ROM you actually want to use. I like this rom, did hours of research finding it, and put it on my phone. I didn't have to share it guys, I chose to. As I mentioned before, a thanks is appreciated. I appreciate users concern over people double posting threads to take credit yadda yadda yadda, and the thrill of being a forum nazi, but please respect the thread owner, especially if you like people sharing rare ROMs here that they found.

Thanks for participating in the thread, and thanks for trying the rom, even though it doesn't bother me if you use it or not, I'm only sharing it and answering questions for those who actually WANT to try new roms to find the one they like. Thanks again for participating and trying the ROM, I like it, it has its perks and whatnot, and it's also not perfect, but it works. Hope you like using it, I do! #NoDrama
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MafiaIlluminati For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MafiaIlluminati Ad-Free
7th June 2017, 01:19 AM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Juneau, AK.

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

This is the same exact Rom on every thread. This is proof enough. It's the same everything from a different thread in this section. So please tell me how this is different? They pic I posted is from the nougat unlocked Rom. Look familiar??

It is not the same everything, you should take some time doing thorough research before bashing someone for something you think is a fraud. Thanks.
7th June 2017, 01:23 AM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Juneau, AK.

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Just because you post a title doesn't make it true.

HAHA, alright bro, one second... I'm about to solve this once and for all.
7th June 2017, 01:40 AM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Juneau, AK.

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Plus look at the upload date...You apparently didn't do your homework like you said. Just face it that this Rom you call the s7 edge+ is the same as every other Rom.

This download is 1.85 GB and others are 2.10 GB. Sorry, I had to do your homework for you since you didn't want to on your own. Now can we stop trolling the forum thread creator? Thanks!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MafiaIlluminati For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MafiaIlluminati Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
g935uoym4bqd2, how to, nougat, odin, s7 edge

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)