FORUMS

[RECOVERY][3.3.1-0][Unofficial] TWRP recovery for ZTE Axon 10 Pro

7,175 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,347

By Unjustified Dev, Recognized Developer on 27th October 2019, 07:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
Note:
- Decryption with pin will not work if you fastboot boot the image (disable your pin , boot the image, flash the installer, and then reboot recovery)
- If you are on stock and not rooted, then you need to flash Magisk or your device will not boot after "Installation"
- If you are already rooted on stock or Custom ROM with Magisk, you may skip "Installation" and precede below
a.) Download the latest TWRP installer zip and Magisk zip
b.) Flash the TWRP installer as a local Magisk module (Install Magisk via TWRP afterward)

Installation:
1. Download android sdk tools here
2. Enter fastboot mode (You must follow the guide to unlock your bootloader first)
3. Run "fastboot boot recoveryimgfilename.img" (flash the installer for permanent installation and decryption)
a.) If you can't decrypt to access internal storage, you probably still have your pin or pattern enabled.

Tips:
If you already have TWRP flashed, you can only flash the new installer zip from TWRP (If you have Magisk installed don't forget to flash it again afterwards).
If you have some problems with backup, like 255 error or something similar please check this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...e-999-t3801632
Always use "system_image" and "vendor_image" instead of "system" and "vendor" when you are making a backup.

Download:
TWRP 3.3.1-0 Unofficial img and installer

Source code:
https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery
https://github.com/C457/android_devi...e/commits/twrp
https://github.com/C457/android_kernel_zte_sm8150

Donations:

Donate link

Credits:
bigbiff
Dees-Troy
mauronofrio
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Unjustified Dev For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th October 2019, 07:38 AM |#3  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Memphis , TN

Donate to Me
More
To answer one of the most anticipated questions, yes this will work on 5g models I'll make a guide in due time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unjustified Dev For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th October 2019, 05:11 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Hey unjistifieddev when will f2fs formatting be implemented? just wondering since right now its only formatting in ext4, also for some reason system backups will not restore it fails to format, so what i do is flash system image then restore data partition.
27th October 2019, 05:51 PM |#5  
Flag Oberhausen (NRW) Gemany
Thanks Meter: 47

More
do you mean the system partition? the one formatted in ext4 is correct, data can be formatted f2fs and ext4
27th October 2019, 10:22 PM |#6  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Memphis , TN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafyvitto

Hey unjistifieddev when will f2fs formatting be implemented? just wondering since right now its only formatting in ext4, also for some reason system backups will not restore it fails to format, so what i do is flash system image then restore data partition.

F2fs formatting should work I'm not sure since I've been wiping my internal to make sure everything works. Also have you tried only backing up and restoring as system image and vendor image? Apparently you can't backup or restore system on these newer devices because system and vendor aren't mounted in fstab but by the kernel early before init runs fstab.

Sent from my ZTE A2020U Pro using Tapatalk
27th October 2019, 10:32 PM |#7  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Memphis , TN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris axon 7

do you mean the system partition? the one formatted in ext4 is correct, data can be formatted f2fs and ext4

Stock uses f2fs by default and does not mount data as ext4 at all. If it's formatting data in ext4 that's a problem, but I'm not sure that is. Both op7 and Zenfone 6 use f2fs by default and my trees for TWRP were based on them.

28th October 2019, 12:13 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unjustified Dev

F2fs formatting should work I'm not sure since I've been wiping my internal to make sure everything works. Also have you tried only backing up and restoring as system image and vendor image? Apparently you can't backup or restore system on these newer devices because system and vendor aren't mounted in fstab but by the kernel early before init runs fstab.

Good suggestion i will give that a shot thanks.
28th October 2019, 01:53 AM |#9  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Memphis , TN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Good suggestion i will give that a shot thanks.

Which model do you have?

28th October 2019, 01:57 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unjustified Dev

Which model do you have?

US model
28th October 2019, 02:04 AM |#11  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Memphis , TN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

US model

I was looking for a G user I'm trying to make TWRP detect different models so it works on all variants. For now it's set to US props so we (I lol) can flash stock.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)