[ROM][UNOFFICIAL]CyanogenMod 13 for Axon 7

Search This thread

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
How well will this tomorrow fit a ZTE MAX? A question that doesn't sound too ignorant.
If you're asking will this ZTE Axon 7 ROM work on ZTE Max, no. The only reason it would be considered an "ignorant" question is because you are not informed about how ROMs work? ROMs are device specific.

Go here and see these two devices do not share the same processor, nor resolution, RAM, type of display, nor any other specs. Two completely different devices made by ZTE.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/ZTE-Max,ZTE-Axon-7/phones/8356,10068

Last edited:

jVolf22

May 8, 2017
Thanks still in learning.often wondered what would it do.really I hoped it would produce axon 7 results but thought I'd ask first.

Sent from my Zte Z963VL using XDA Labs

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
How well will this tomorrow fit a ZTE MAX? A question that doesn't sound too ignorant.
Thanks still in learning.often wondered what would it do.really I hoped it would produce axon 7 results but thought I'd ask first.

Sent from my Zte Z963VL using XDA Labs

At least you asked first. And please note I wasn't calling you "ignorant". You first used the term in your own question, and I then used it in my reply -- just to confirm your usage, as in "uneducated". Has nothing to do with intelligence. You can only learn by asking questions, like you have done.

ROMs are device specific. While a developer can "port" a ROM to another device, they have to use a different kernel that is specific for that different device.

For instance the 2014 Moto "Shamu" Nexus 6 and the 2014 Moto Quark (XT1254/XT1250/XT1225) are close siblings.

(The Droid Turbo XT1254 is one of the Quarks, if you've heard of that phone. I have the Moto Maxx XT1225, one of the others.)

Both the Moto Nexus 6 (code name Shamu) and the Quarks share 95% same hardware specs, and both phones were released same time. In fact, the Quark is basically a 5.2" Nexus 6... Which is why I bought it, as the NEXUS 6 is too big.

Same manufacturer, same 1440p AMOLED display, same Snapdragon 805, same 3GB RAM, same Qi wireless charging, same TURBO charging. Same Moto IR sensors. Same internal storage, Etc.

And YET you cannot cross flash ROMS. Because they aren't the same device.

By the way, my smaller phone has a larger battery. 3900 mAh battery in the 5.2" Moto QUARK. Bigger than the battery Google put in the 6" Moto Nexus 6. ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Downloads
    CyanogenMod

Latest Release 11-23-2016
    cm-13.0-20161123-UNOFFICIAL-ailsa_ii.zip

OpenGapps (use an ARM64, 6.0 zip) - now on tap needs mini or higher.

Source
    Device tree
    Kernel Source
    Proprietary vendor

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 13, ROM for the ZTE Axon 7

Contributors
    Unjustified Dev, DrakenFX
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2016-11-23

Created 2016-09-08
    Last Updated 2016-11-23
    Just giving a small update on the progress. Although I said NFC would be last, NFC is working so far and has been tested and successfully beamed a file. GPS is something I will take a stab at a bit later as we needed some more up to date proprietary files which will probably be taken from the Oneplus3. Audio, the main concern, is still giving me issues, but I came across something I haven't noticed on my way to class and that's probably why it fails before it gets started. Hopefully the next build addresses that issue and the audio implementation can be cleaned and support different cases like music playback, voice, voice speaker, etc. For now it just supports speaker output which is the main issue.
    Something to look forward to... Screenshot_20170119-005944.png

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    Status

Working
    Audio (Minor distortion with playback and mic)
    Camera
    Double tap to wake
    Fingerprint Sensor
    GPS (Not using QC location)
    NFC
    Radio
    Sensors
    Wifi/Bt

Not Working

Changelog
    Added doze options kanged from oneplus3 (Ambient display)
    Use akm speaker path (fixes major audio distortion)

Added 32bit sensors from ZTE (fixes camera)
    Enabled UI blur
    Enabled Factory reset protection
    Lowered minimum brightness
    Enabled doze
    Add carrier settings (global and cdma)
    Re-enable clang build
    Switched to opensource audio

Add keydisabler (switch between virtual and software keys)
    Add audio amplifier (start the amplifier)
    Fix NFC (Updated config and firmware)

Fixed fingerprint sensor
    Initial Beta Release

Initial test release
    Means audio will be working this weekend and more.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk