FORUMS

[TREBLE][8.1.0_7.1.2]AospExtended ROM V5.8_V4.6 [OMS/DUI]

483 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,443
 
By NFound, Senior Member on 8th June 2017, 04:02 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
7th August 2018, 07:15 PM |#4661  
bornlivedie's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 742
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFound

ZTE in any case will release Oreo with fixing this bug, we will only have to update the kernel and move the new blobs to fix on Pie

Damn ZTE

I hate depending on the big companies. They always fail us (looking at you samsung/motorola)

Thanks for the answer.
7th August 2018, 07:19 PM |#4662  
NFound's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Yekaterinburg
Thanks Meter: 4,443
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornlivedie

Damn ZTE

I hate depending on the big companies. They always fail us (looking at you samsung/motorola)

Thanks for the answer.

Alas, they have a whole group of developers, and I'm only one doing the Project Treble. We will believe and wait ...
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to NFound For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NFound Ad-Free
7th August 2018, 07:43 PM |#4663  
beastobadness's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Newcastle upon tyne
Thanks Meter: 128
 
More
A quick question to anyone who knows...as I understand it, there are two versions of treble at the moment, arm64 A and arm64 A/B.

As far as I understand A has a single vendor partition and A/B has two partitions used for seamless background system updates. For example, I take it NFounds AEX 5.7 treble ROMs are arm64 A treble.

So are all GSI distributions compatible with both treble versions or are there specific GSI builds for each treble version?

I only ask because I thought the whole point of project treble was to simplify and unify ROM builds yet there are two forms of treble.
7th August 2018, 07:47 PM |#4664  
bornlivedie's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 742
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastobadness

A quick question to anyone who knows...as I understand it, there are two versions of treble at the moment, arm64 A and arm64 A/B.

As far as I understand A has a single vendor partition and A/B has two partitions used for seamless background system updates. For example, I take it NFounds AEX 5.7 treble ROMs are arm64 A treble.

So are all GSI distributions compatible with both treble versions or are there specific GSI builds for each treble version?

I only ask because I thought the whole point of project treble was to simplify and unify ROM builds yet there are two forms of treble.

As far as I know, you will have to install the corresponding version, in our case, A only.
The Following User Says Thank You to bornlivedie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bornlivedie Ad-Free
7th August 2018, 09:41 PM |#4665  
ratoune's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaK11-12

Do I need to flash GApps for the Phone and Contacts apps to work? They currently force close immediately on startup with no GApps installed.

Are you using the latest DU? I'm facing the same issue with Gapps installed
7th August 2018, 11:09 PM |#4666  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I have followed the guide. But I think I made some mistakes to crash my 2017U.

First, after reboot into twrp, internal storage only have 740 MB. I tried to flash AXON7_GPT_ORIGINAL.zip in EDL mode, but now the internal storage completely disappeared.

Windows 10 can only access external Micro-SD. Don't even shows internal storage. I tried following [EDL][A2017/A2017U] Emergency DL Mode TWRP + Unlock + Upgrade
and flashed A2017U_B19-NOUGAT_FULL_EDL.zip but still not working.
Can not mount any partitions (System, Cache, Data, etc) in TWRP. I have TWRP full backup still in external micro-sd, but can't restore it.

How can I restore the internal partition table?

Please help. Thanks!
8th August 2018, 12:15 AM |#4667  
Oki's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag East Coast
Thanks Meter: 1,860
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfly888

I have followed the guide. But I think I made some mistakes to crash my 2017U.

First, after reboot into twrp, internal storage only have 740 MB. I tried to flash AXON7_GPT_ORIGINAL.zip in EDL mode, but now the internal storage completely disappeared.

Windows 10 can only access external Micro-SD. Don't even shows internal storage. I tried following [EDL][A2017/A2017U] Emergency DL Mode TWRP + Unlock + Upgrade
and flashed A2017U_B19-NOUGAT_FULL_EDL.zip but still not working.
Can not mount any partitions (System, Cache, Data, etc) in TWRP. I have TWRP full backup still in external micro-sd, but can't restore it.

How can I restore the internal partition table?

Please help. Thanks!

Follow this guide. Is very simple and has clear steps on how to get your partitions ready for treble ROMs. Choose B12 option and from there on you will only need to flash any treble rom as any other TWRP package.
8th August 2018, 03:59 AM |#4668  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oki

Follow this guide. Is very simple and has clear steps on how to get your partitions ready for treble ROMs. Choose B12 option and from there on you will only need to flash any treble rom as any other TWRP package.

I have followed the B12 option step by step. Everything is OK until step 11:

Wait a few seconds until the boot animation begins and press again VolUp+Power until the phone vibrates to enter again into recovery for a 3rd time. To ensure everything is clean you should format the DATA partition, including internal storage. Go to settings and ensure "Use rm -rf instead of formatting" option is not selected. Then go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe, select Data partition and tap on Repair_or_Change_File_System button and then on Change_File_System button. Select F2FS and confirm action. Do the same to apply F2FS to the Cache Partition. Now, from the main menu > Wipe, select and clean dalvik.

TWRP 3.2.2.0, can not mount Data, Cache "Failed to mount '/data' (Invadlid argument)", "Unable to mount storage"

Windows 10 still can not detect internal storage, only shows external micro-sd
8th August 2018, 04:14 AM |#4669  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfly888

I have followed the B12 option step by step. Everything is OK until step 11:

Wait a few seconds until the boot animation begins and press again VolUp+Power until the phone vibrates to enter again into recovery for a 3rd time. To ensure everything is clean you should format the DATA partition, including internal storage. Go to settings and ensure "Use rm -rf instead of formatting" option is not selected. Then go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe, select Data partition and tap on Repair_or_Change_File_System button and then on Change_File_System button. Select F2FS and confirm action. Do the same to apply F2FS to the Cache Partition. Now, from the main menu > Wipe, select and clean dalvik.

TWRP 3.2.2.0, can not mount Data, Cache "Failed to mount '/data' (Invadlid argument)", "Unable to mount storage"

Windows 10 still can not detect internal storage, only shows external micro-sd

You need to format the Data partition to another file type then change it back to ext4 (wipe - advanced wipe - choose data then tap repair or change file system - then format it to f2fs (in my case I changed to ext2) - then follow same steps to format it back to ext4.
Data partition should be back now
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to janthe6th For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift janthe6th Ad-Free
8th August 2018, 04:18 AM |#4670  
Oki's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag East Coast
Thanks Meter: 1,860
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfly888

I have followed the B12 option step by step. Everything is OK until step 11:

Wait a few seconds until the boot animation begins and press again VolUp+Power until the phone vibrates to enter again into recovery for a 3rd time. To ensure everything is clean you should format the DATA partition, including internal storage. Go to settings and ensure "Use rm -rf instead of formatting" option is not selected. Then go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe, select Data partition and tap on Repair_or_Change_File_System button and then on Change_File_System button. Select F2FS and confirm action. Do the same to apply F2FS to the Cache Partition. Now, from the main menu > Wipe, select and clean dalvik.

TWRP 3.2.2.0, can not mount Data, Cache "Failed to mount '/data' (Invadlid argument)", "Unable to mount storage"

Windows 10 still can not detect internal storage, only shows external micro-sd

Ensure "Use rm -rf instead of formatting" option is not selected in TWRP settings.
Then go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe, select Data partition and tap on Repair_or_Change_File_System button and then on Change_File_System button. Format DATA as EXT4 first and, without leaving TWRP do it again as F2FS.
The previous steps worked when, in some cases, the standard procedure didn't work. If you had your devices encrypted it should work too, but if it fails with 3.2.2 then flash 3.2.1-8 Treble and repeat the mentioned steps.

Please let me/us know if it worked. Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Oki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oki Ad-Free
8th August 2018, 04:22 AM |#4671  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by janthe6th

You need to format the Data partition to another file type then change it back to ext4 (wipe - advanced wipe - choose data then tap repair or change file system - then format it to f2fs (in my case I changed to ext2) - then follow same steps to format it back to ext4.
Data partition should be back now

Thank you! Thank you!

Data and Cache partition are back now......

Really appreciate your guys help.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oki

Ensure "Use rm -rf instead of formatting" option is not selected in TWRP settings.
Then go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe, select Data partition and tap on Repair_or_Change_File_System button and then on Change_File_System button. Format DATA as EXT4 first and, without leaving TWRP do it again as F2FS.
The previous steps worked when, in some cases, the standard procedure didn't work. If you had your devices encrypted it should work too, but if it fails with 3.2.2 then flash 3.2.1-8 Treble and repeat the mentioned steps.

Please let me/us know if it worked. Thanks

It works!

Now I get back both Data and Cache partitions.

Really appreciate your help Oki. Thanks again!

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oki

Ensure "Use rm -rf instead of formatting" option is not selected in TWRP settings.
Then go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe, select Data partition and tap on Repair_or_Change_File_System button and then on Change_File_System button. Format DATA as EXT4 first and, without leaving TWRP do it again as F2FS.
The previous steps worked when, in some cases, the standard procedure didn't work. If you had your devices encrypted it should work too, but if it fails with 3.2.2 then flash 3.2.1-8 Treble and repeat the mentioned steps.

Please let me/us know if it worked. Thanks

It works!

Now I get back both Data and Cache partitions.

Really appreciate your help Oki. Thanks again!
The Following User Says Thank You to ccfly888 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ccfly888 Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes