FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Axon7Toolkit - Unlock BL, Root, and more! (1.2.1 - 09/04/17)

743 posts
Thanks Meter: 581

By bkores, Senior Member on 14th March 2017, 08:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from bkores: Toolkit for the Axon 7! Unlocking, rooting, flashing , it does it all! Constantly updated!

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is not void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * make sure you are aware of any risks associated with using the options in
 * the toolkit BEFORE using it! YOU are choosing to use this toolkit, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */.
toolkit_logo

Do you want to unlock your bootloader and root? Or switch to another ROM? Are you asking yourself which one of the 100s of guides here on xda should I use? Well no need for any guides! Use this toolkit and be bootloader unlocked and rooted or on a different ROM within MINUTES! Super simple to use, just a couple of clicks and the toolkit does everything else!

COMPATIBILITY

Supports A2017, A2017G, and A2017U (all software builds)
Windows 7 and up

FEATURES

- Automatic file downloads with hash verification
- OTA updates
- ADB and Qualcomm EDL driver Installation
- ADB and Fastboot Test
- Backup apps+data
- Restore apps+data
- Backup system/data/boot partitions
- Restore system/data/boot partitions
- Unlock bootloader on ALL software builds (Marshmallow and Nougat) without voiding your warranty!
- Lock bootloader
- Flash TWRP and disable dm-verity and forced encryption
- Root with SuperSU
- Restore to stock/ Recover from hard bricking with EDL restore packages
- Flash an unlimited amount of ROM, kernel, and other zips at once!
-Magisk root (Coming soon)
-Unroot (Coming soon)
-Remove ZTE bloatware (Coming soon)

You may need to disable your antivirus as the EXE file may get quarantined or removed due to "malware". This is because of the BAT to EXE compiler used and is a false positive. More information available here: https://superuser.com/questions/1117...es-are-viruses (read the answer)

CREDITS

ZTE of course for the Axon 7
Google for Android
@Unjustified Dev for being the reason why there is any development in the first place
@Koush for Universal ADB Drivers
@Dees_Troy and @jcadduono for TWRP
Xiaomi for MiFlash
@jcadduono for MiFlash method and A2017U packages
@djkuz for A2017 and A2017G MiFlash packages
@Chainfire for SuperSU
@WugFresh for his awesome Nexus Root Toolkit and inspiring me to make one for the Axon 7
Anyone on Stack Overflow who helped me with batch commands
AFH for hosting setup files
Github for hosting masterlist files
Any one else who I forgot to mention (sorry)
And of course...me!

Please make sure you are aware of any bugs/issues BEFORE trying any of the toolkit options!(4th post)

XDA:DevDB Information
Axon7Toolkit, Tool/Utility for the ZTE Axon 7

Contributors
bkores

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.2.1
Stable Release Date: 2017-09-04

Created 2017-03-14
Last Updated 2017-10-16
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	11666
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	4263594  
The Following 119 Users Say Thank You to bkores For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bkores Ad-Free

14th March 2017, 08:42 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Staten Island, NY

Donate to Me
More
FAQs and Troubleshooting

I want to switch to [insert ROM name]How?
1) Use the Install Drivers option
2) Use the ADB+Fastboot test option to test the ADB and fastboot drivers
3) Use the backup apps+data option
4) Use the bootloader unlock option
4) Download the ROM of your choice, along with gapps (such as Opengapps arm64 7.1) and anything else you want to flash. Make sure you download the universal bootloader and modem for your variant as well from the lineage thread otherwise THE ROM WILL NOT FLASH!
5) (optional) Use the Flash TWRP option.
6) Use the flash zips option to flash the ROM along with everything else
7) (optional) Use the root option.
Profit!

The adb restore apps+data option did not work on my device.

Unfortunately, this is a ROM issue as some ROMs have broken backup managers. There is no other way to restore the backup through the adb way, however there is a way to restore a backup on the device. This method requires an unlocked bootloader and root. It also requires a paid app.

1) Download Titanium Backup from the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TitaniumBackup
2) Download the Pro key. It costs $5.99 US but the app itself is extremely worth it (from my experience) : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ackupPro&hl=en
3) Open up the app on your device. You should get a Superuser request popup. Tap `Grant`.
4) Connect your device to your computer with the factory USB-C cable. Open a command window anywhere by holding down shift and then right clicking. Click on 'Open command window here' from the menu options.
5) Execute the following command to push the backup file to your internal storage:

Code:
C:\Axon7Development\Axon7Toolkit\adb push filepath /sdcard/
where filepath is the location and name of your backup such as C:\Axon7Development\Axon7Toolkit\backups\my-backup.ab

6) If there is no menu option in the app execute the following command to emulate a "menu" key press:

Code:
C:\Axon7Development\Axon7Toolkit\adb shell input keyevent 82
This should bring up Titanium Backup's menu options.

7) Scroll down to 'Extract from ADB backup' and select it. This will bring up a list of "Open with" options. Choose any installed file manager on your device, such as the one pre-installed with the stock ROM or a third-party file manager such as ES File Explorer.
8) Navigated to the /storage/emulated/0 directory and find your backup file and select it.
9) Restore the backup on your device.

The partition restore option did not work on my device.
Follow the instructions above but use the 'Extract from Nandroid backup' option instead.

My device is stuck on an 'Enter your password to start Android' screen.

Unfortunately this requires a factory reset.

1) Boot your device into recovery mode by pressing and holding the power and volume up buttons for 10-15 seconds.

2) Stock Recovery: Use the volume down key to go down to 'Wipe data/factory reset' and press power to select. Press the volume down key again to go down to 'Yes' and press power to select.

TWRP Recovery: Tap "Wipe" < Tap "Advanced Wipe" < Check the box next to "data" < Tap "Repair or change file system" < Tap "EXT4" < Swipe to confirm.

3) Reboot your device.

The download of a file keeps failing even though I am definitely connected to the Internet.
-There may be problems with the link or server, usually in the event of high traffic. In this case use the import option. Please let me know if this happening for longer than 24 hours so I can investigate it.

-If you are on versions 1.0.0-1.1.1 the download agent is outdated. Download and run the fix here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...XNUUkY5UzFJTm8

Can I access the source code?
No.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to bkores For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bkores Ad-Free
14th March 2017, 08:42 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Staten Island, NY

Donate to Me
More
Changelog

v1.2.1
-New design
-Added back Driver Installation option
-Added back variant auto-detection
-Added android version auto-detection
-Fixed adb backup save location/name bug
-Remove system apps backup option for better chance of successful adb restore
-Fixed system partition restore bug
-Fixed flash zips option
-Fixed "boot failed" error
-Fixed bootloader lock brick for some users
-Fixed Android Marshmallow compatibility issues
-Other minor enhancements and bug fixes

v1.2.0
-Dropped support for Windows XP and Vista
-All drivers now installed during setup
-New popup design and system
-Revised some popups with more helpful information
-Revised and removed some notifications
-Faster launch (~15 seconds)
-Minimized use of temp files
-Completely new downloader with new UI, integrated hash verification, fixed hash mismatch bug, revised import option, and option to override hash verification
-Downgraded adb version to 1.0.36 to fix toolkit hang bug for some users
-Updated download agent (wget) to latest version
-Completely new updater with automatic installation and logging
-New simplified toolkit: removed Advanced Utilities and Driver Installation/Test
-Added emulator check on startup to prevent conflicts
-Build no longer required, just variant
-Added ADB+Fastboot Test option
-Added Flash TWRP option
-User can now set backup name and location for the backup options, default path is the toolkit's backup folder
-Fixed restore apps+data(ADB) option
-Revised miflash unlock package (it's the A2017G unlock package from the Russian forum)
-New toolkit UI
-Fixed numerous minor bugs
-Minor enhancements
-Updated MiFlash to latest version
-EDL connectivity checking and driver replacing now done by the toolkit
-Implemented more error checking
-Toolkit will launch FileDependencyChecker instead of exiting if file dependency is missing
-Fastboot and aboot images will be reflashed before bootloader lock to guarantee success
-Added A2017G B10 for restore stock option
-Added A2017U B19 for restore stock option
-Fixed bugs with restore stock option
-Fixed wipe system and data loop bug for flash zip option
-Fixed toolkit crashing when choosing file with spaces or special characters in path or name for import
-Zips no longer need to be imported for flash zip option, the toolkit can now use the original path
-Cache and dalvik now wiped automatically for all zip flashing
-Added limit download rate for downloader to settings
-Added view most recent update log to settings
-New uninstaller

v1.1.1
-FULL SUPPORT FOR A2017G! This means if you are on the G variant you can now UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER and (in the future) RESTORE TO STOCK!
-Miscellaneous bug fixes
-Fixed "hashcheck mismatch" bug when importing a file dependency
-Added FAQs & Troubleshooting option
-Option to auto-detect device variant/build on startup
-Minor improvements to UI and options
-NEW ADVANCED OPTION! Bugreport generator
-Added options to filter log output by verbose, debug, info, warning, error, fatal or silent for Logcat generator
-Fixed unable to uninstall toolkit from Settings
-System write protection is now automatically disabled for root option
-Fixed incorrect canceling of download dependencies when inputting cancel option after failed download or hashcheck mismatch

v1.1.0
-Added support for B19_N
-Full support for A2017! This means those of you with the Chinese variant can now unlock your bootloader and restore to stock B13! (Set your build to "Any A2017")
-Option to choose "Any" build for A2017G variants or unsupported builds
-Fixed inability to change theme and build in settings
-THE MIFLASH ISSUE IS COMPLETELY FIXED! THIS MEANS THAT THOSE OF YOU HAVING TROUBLE USING MIFLASH FOR THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK AND RESTORE TO STOCK OPTIONS THEY WILL NOW WORK!!!
-Option to skip ADB check for bootloader unlock & restore to stock options if your device is already in EDL mode
-Cache and dalvik will now be wiped automatically when flashing zips
-Removed all powershell commands for better compatibility
-Added option to wipe system and data before flashing a Custom ROM zip
-NEW OPTION! Support for twrp adb backups and restore in TWRP 3.1.0
-Changed the "Flash TWRP and/or root" option to just "root". If you want to flash TWRP permanently, use the fastboot flash recovery option in Advanced Utilities
-minor enhancements to UI and options
-B29 added as restore stock option along with B15_N with @jcaudanno's MiFlash package and @DrakenFX's TWRP package for A2017U
-Screenshots and screen recordings are now pulled from device to PC
-Added rotate 90 degrees and verbose logging options for screen record
-Option to backup system and shared storage applications for adb backup
-Downgraded ADB version to 1.0.31 and revised syntax to fix adb backup issues
-completely new ADB check method to prevent false "device connected" for instances when device is not actually connected
-Downloader will now launch the AFH download page of all dependencies instead of the direct download link for failed file dependency
downloads in case the direct download link is no longer working
-Updater will now launch the AFH download page for all toolkit versions if downloading of the update package fails
-List connected devices option now shows device state in addition to serial number for ADB
-NEW ADVANCED OPTION! ADB logcat

v1.0.2
-fixed syntax errors for flash zip option

v1.0.1
-fixed application closing during fastboot check for bootloader unlock option

v1.0.0
-Initial release
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to bkores For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bkores Ad-Free
14th March 2017, 08:46 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Staten Island, NY

Donate to Me
More
Bugs/Issues:

-TWRP gets stuck in loop when wiping system for flash zips option if system is mounted read-only
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bkores For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bkores Ad-Free
14th March 2017, 08:47 PM |#5  
Flag Eskişehir
Thanks Meter: 669

More
Thanks man. It's good to see more developers for Axon 7.
14th March 2017, 10:05 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 633

More
Cool, will probably check it out later. You should post up some sceenshots so we can see how it works.
Just one thought, does bootloader lock warn user to have untouched system? Lots of people lock on custom rom/modified stock for some reason.
14th March 2017, 10:06 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Staten Island, NY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafester

Cool, will probably check it out later. You should post up some sceenshots so we can see how it works.
Just one thought, does bootloader lock warn user to have untouched system? Lots of people lock on custom rom/modified stock for some reason.

Yep. You'll get a popup that says you have to be complete stock to use it otherwise you'll be hard bricked.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bkores For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bkores Ad-Free
14th March 2017, 10:13 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 668

More
I kinda wish we'd scrap all of the unlock and recover methods and just have all of the devs making threads to just resort to a Wugfresh tool like this. Any way to make unlock/locking/restoring/recovering hands off and safe would really help a lot of us out.

We could implement a bunch of backing up, signature verifications, and delays before steps occur so it's more foolproof and not have to rely on timing of key combinations and picking which file to use for whatever.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jawz101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jawz101 Ad-Free
14th March 2017, 10:50 PM |#9  
Flag Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Here are some screenshots i just took. Thanks for your work on this, bkores.

http://imgur.com/a/qS4Ib
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sm.bxsq For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sm.bxsq Ad-Free
14th March 2017, 11:07 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Staten Island, NY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm.bxsq

Here are some screenshots i just took. Thanks for your work on this, bkores.

http://imgur.com/a/qS4Ib

Thanks. You beat me to it lol.

Also, since you're using it please let me know of any bugs or improvements. Thanks!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bkores For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bkores Ad-Free
15th March 2017, 01:04 AM |#11  
Flag Accra
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Wow, nifty. Thanks, man.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)