As title shows, this is a WIP project
(I don't own the device, all builds are blind!)
What is EAS?
Energy Aware Scheduling (EAS) is an enhancement to Linux power management, unifying CPU power control under the Linux kernel. EAS extends the Linux kernel scheduler to make it fully aware of the power/performance capabilities of the CPUs in the system, to optimize energy consumption for advanced multi-core SoCs including big.LITTLE. With EAS, the Linux kernel will use the task load and a CPU ‘Energy Model’ to control task placement to select the optimal CPU to run on.
Google thinks, EAS is the way to go for the future. With this kernel you can get pixel (2) experience even before the pixel (2) is released.
Interesting links for further research:
- Full EAS 1.3 implementation (based on EAS Project and LineageOS official kernel)
- Works on HMP ROMS too (you need to use sched/schedutil, HMP stuff are removed from kernel, otherwise you'll face freqs stuck at 100%)
- STune Boost for better battery and performance
- F2FS supported
- Tweaks and changes under the hood
Feel free to try and report your feedback (and logs too)
- Reboot to TWRP
- Backup your current boot.img
- Flash the kernel
@joshuous (EAS Project)
And everyone worked for this device and LineageOS bring-up