[India] Any Axon7 users from India?

Search This thread

Vurio

Mar 9, 2017
Realme X2 Pro
Hi guys,
So if any axon7 users are in India, I have a question regarding Volte calling.
Does Volte calling work in India on the stock ROM, specifically does it work with jio?

I had the Chinese version B07 and Volte calling did not work. Flashed lineage OS and Volte started working.
Now that nougat is out and working properly, I want to go back to stock but only if Volte works.

Erahgon

Apr 27, 2011
Los Angeles
Google Pixel 3 XL
Google Pixel 6
Hi guys,
Does Volte calling work in India on the stock ROM, specifically does it work with jio?

I had the Chinese version B07 and Volte calling did not work. Flashed lineage OS and Volte started working.
Now that nougat is out and working properly, I want to go back to stock but only if Volte works.

Looks like you need to update the APN settings. Try contacting customer care and have them send it to you.

Vurio

Mar 9, 2017
Realme X2 Pro
Tried with RR, volte works, went to stock 7.1.1, volte doesn't work. So it is a software thing, maybe a dev can help fix it?

From my research volte is a software upgrade. Technically any phone which supports 4g can support 4g after manufacturer updates. Volte also depends on the Telecom provider, the Telecom provider has to enable volte on that particular device for it support volte calling.

For most users this is not an issue, because even if Volte is not enabled they can seamlessly switch between 3g and 4g.

The problem with jio is that it is a 4g only network so there is no switch, if your device is not supported then you have to use their ****ty app, jiojoin or something like that.

So unless jio endless volte on the axon7 we are stuck with using jio join or on a stock based ROM.

Then again I may be wrong about the whole thing :laugh:

ravinder reddy

Mar 27, 2017
Are you able able to make calls on VOLTE. Even i have Axon 7 US model and running android 7.1.1. But i am unable to place calls over VOLTE

Vurio

Mar 9, 2017
Realme X2 Pro
Yes from today started working magically.. On stock 7.1.1 Axon 7 USA Model.. All the best

It does not work for me. I installed stock 7.1.1 and volte did not work. I called customer care, they were spectacularly unhelpful. I tried a bunch of other tricks but it would not work, now I am back on lineage OS and it's working fine.

ravinder reddy

Mar 27, 2017
Magic has happened...

I have tried the procedure mentioned in the above URL, but nothing was working. I was unable to add the APN settings as well as unable to enter in to the engineering mode. I have resetted existing APN settings and added the previous jionet APN settings.

Finally lost hope and made my self to use the Jio with Jio 4G Voice application.

But the Magic has happened here and my Axon 7 fulfilled all requirements this time even with VoLTE .
Yes VoLTE started working . Deleted Jio 4G Voice.

Don't know how but try with re inserting SIM cards and resetting the APN Settings.

Vurio

Mar 9, 2017
Realme X2 Pro
I have tried the procedure mentioned in the above URL, but nothing was working. I was unable to add the APN settings as well as unable to enter in to the engineering mode. I have resetted existing APN settings and added the previous jionet APN settings.

Finally lost hope and made my self to use the Jio with Jio 4G Voice application.

But the Magic has happened here and my Axon 7 fulfilled all requirements this time even with VoLTE .
Yes VoLTE started working . Deleted Jio 4G Voice.

Don't know how but try with re inserting SIM cards and resetting the APN Settings.

Are you telling me that volte suddenly started working?
I have tried resetting, reinserting sim cards, factory reset, nothing seems to work.

This is truly bizzare.

prudviraj

Aug 6, 2007
Los Angeles
Yes i am able to make VOLTE calls on my US axon 7 without internet or jio 4g app..

Are you able able to make calls on VOLTE. Even i have Axon 7 US model and running android 7.1.1. But i am unable to place calls over VOLTE

Yes i am able to make VOLTE calls on my US axon 7 without internet or jio 4g app.. but my dads same phone doesnt work.. very strange phenomenon bro... im not able to make it out. i tried axon 7 toolkit and tried to unlock bootloader and followed instructions.. then before flashing it went black screen like it was supposed to go.. then i had some work and unplugged immediately on the black screen and rebooted to normal..
All of a sudden jio4g calling app said on the top.. " Your phone supports VOLTE please use standard dailer" holy cow i uninstalled jio 4g app and was able to make calls ever since.. :) all the best..:angel:

mkb.gaming

Apr 1, 2017
I have a2017g model, and i am on android 7.0 nougat. Play store issue is there. I have downloaded 7.1.1 official update manually but does not seem to get install on my device, also the tried fota update which is 456mb, that also doest not get installed, saying update failed, phone not supported ?? :( :(

shaikhsadik

May 6, 2007
Axon 7 can be used on Jio VoLTE now.

with simple procedures.

anyone need help let me know..

Ill write small tut once i have free time.

shaikhsadik

May 6, 2007
Put only Jio sim in slot 1.

Delete all APN.

go to dialer

press *#*#4636#*#* > go to phone information > Select LTE ONLY> scroll down and turn ON Wifi Calling and Video Calling. exit by pressing home button..

GO to APN and see is JIONET APN is there if not.. make new APN .. Name JIONET. Type JIONET

exit..

Reboot. and see if calling works..

n1234d

Aug 18, 2013
Mumbai
Google Pixel 6a
Put only Jio sim in slot 1.

Delete all APN.

go to dialer

press *#*#4636#*#* > go to phone information > Select LTE ONLY> scroll down and turn ON Wifi Calling and Video Calling. exit by pressing home button..

GO to APN and see is JIONET APN is there if not.. make new APN .. Name JIONET. Type JIONET

exit..

Reboot. and see if calling works..
I tried the same steps but in a different order earlier, but it didn't work for me then. I'm back on 6.0 now. Would any other member here be kind enough to try this and let me know if it works for you? Thanks

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

shaikhsadik

May 6, 2007
I tried the same steps but in a different order earlier, but it didn't work for me then. I'm back on 6.0 now. Would any other member here be kind enough to try this and let me know if it works for you? Thanks

U sure tried it using only one sim in phone..

I have 2 A7 phones.. and its working on both..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Working on A2017, Chinese model

Hi,

Axon 7 2017, Chinese 4gb + 128gb b11 nougat 7.1.1
    I have jio sim as 1 and another sim inserted too.
    I just added a new access point to jio sim of ims, as shown in link provided. [Vurio, flymeos link]
    It's working, tested Volte call and sms. Could not check video calls.
    I am planning to buy an Axon 7 from Aliexpress. Is it ok? Do i immidiately need to root the phone and and update firmware if i buy from there? Are there any other options that i can consider while buying? I am really impressed by the phone and buying it mostly for the good audio. I will be really thankful for any advice given.
    If you want excellent audio at this price, this is the phone to get. The axon 7 from aliexpress might be the Chinese variant. You might have to jump a few hoops in terms of custom roms/Google play services, not very sure. The American A2017U has the most support on here, followed by the A2017G and then the A2017

Hi guys,

Hey Man, I am here. VOLTE works perfectly with Jio/Airtel on A2017. If you already got a solution ignore this, if not reply me . VOLTE works on Stock MM/Noughat/ Oreo Beta too.:laugh:
    Please download EDL package of A2017U or A2017 G and also for A2017 B13(Latest). Extract both of them and find the file named '*non*hlos* something like this, which is a Modem. Copy this from A2017 to Other Model, I prefer US wala and replace it. Now flash this US EDL package to Chinese Axon A2017 using MiFlash. Once flashing is done, setup your phone and add below APN for JIO APn additionally and enable VOLTE In settings and save it but u cant see it and also can't see VOLTE Symbol. But VOLTE Works.
    Suggest:- You can also simply use A2017 EDL package and add same APN, you will see HD in status bar. But you will have Chinese aps.

My suggestion: USe US firmware B32