By Harmtan2, Senior Member on 23rd June 2016, 08:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So here is the AXON Sim Tray.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Axon 7 Sim Tray.jpg
Views:	5386
Size:	299.1 KB
ID:	3792627
It looks like it is either SD Card or Sim Card and not both at the same time with the way the slot works. (People who have it can confirm whether or not it's true.) But I have a theory of how to get both at the same time.

Name:	taken apart tray & card.jpg
Views:	5826
Size:	265.8 KB
ID:	3792628
With the above photo, you can see that I took the sim card out of they plastic using a hair dryer, some scissors to cut the edges off, & a knife to separate it from the plastic.

Name:	card on sd card.jpg
Views:	5748
Size:	268.2 KB
ID:	3792629
We can then take the card & attach it to the back of the SD card. Theoretically it should be able to read all 3 cards at the same time. The pins are clearly visible for the SD Card and both sim cards when in the slot. I'm in the US so I won't be able to test my theory out until it launches here, if someone wants to try it and report back that would be awesome! I'll end up getting this phone regardless, but if this works it'd just be icing on the cake!

Edit: Thanks to 'jkuczera' we have a couple videos for you to see it.

We have confirmation that the mod works for the Axon 7 guys! 2 Sim cards & an SD card!

Part one of two [youtube]AgLfuGtieic[/youtube]

Part two of two [youtube]Hoh5SyOLmBA[/youtube]
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Harmtan2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Harmtan2 Ad-Free

23rd June 2016, 09:33 PM |#2  
Flag Marseille
Thanks Meter: 26

More
That's one hell of a hack, let's see if anyone does try it

Sent from my LG-H815 using XDA-Developers mobile app
23rd June 2016, 10:10 PM |#3  
Flag Limburg
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Impressive! Would love to see someone test it.
25th June 2016, 04:07 PM |#4  
Flag Spijkenisse
Thanks Meter: 6

More
it should work according to this website https://tweakers.net/geek/111323/twe...martphone.html (it is in dutch) it works for other phones with a similar 2sim/1 sim +sd slot
29th June 2016, 06:53 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCroese

it should work according to this website https://tweakers.net/geek/111323/twe...martphone.html (it is in dutch) it works for other phones with a similar 2sim/1 sim +sd slot

That would be freaking awesome! Looks like a solid possibility.

Sent from my LG-H811 using XDA Free mobile app
30th June 2016, 12:19 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Wow, nice idea! I thought about opening the phone and see if there's room inside to move the contacts for the second SIM card to a different place, maybe with flat cables, but in this case, the second SIM wouldn't be replaceable on the fly.

How thick is the disassembled SIM card? Is the chip flat enough to minimize the pressure on both cards? I think about if we have to worry about both SIM and SD card getting damaged.
4th July 2016, 12:02 PM |#7  
Flag Zürich
Thanks Meter: 19

More
hmm...damn didn't know about that Slot when i preorderet one...

But this hack is awesome as hell! i think i gonna do it when i got the phone and some reports, that this truly will work.
4th July 2016, 12:15 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'd be worried about this getting stuck in the phone if I tried it
4th July 2016, 07:08 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salt Lake City

More
[QUOTE=Cypher_01;67545215]Wow, nice idea! I thought about opening the phone and see if there's room inside to move the contacts for the second SIM card to a different place, maybe with flat cables, but in this case, the second SIM wouldn't be replaceable on the fly.

The disassembled card is super thin, I really wouldn't be worried about damage from the pressure to either peice.

Sent from my LG-H811 using XDA Free mobile app
29th July 2016, 07:54 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salt Lake City

More
Someone should try this... I haven't been able to get the phone. :/ first kids are expensive.
2nd August 2016, 02:28 AM |#11  
Flag Liège
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Taking this topic to the top again, very interested in this tweak !
Anyone has tried it or is willing to try it ? Thanks .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)