A2017G Nougat is out

Search This thread

iNaruX

Jun 29, 2012
Please guys report back if it's the same butchered Version the US got. Try to send a photo via Whatsapp please and tell me if it lags :)

Waiting for the 7.1.1 update.

xAvaskarx

Mar 8, 2017
Please guys report back if it's the same butchered Version the US got. Try to send a photo via Whatsapp please and tell me if it lags :)

Waiting for the 7.1.1 update.

Just installed it 10 min ago.

So far, it is rather smooth.

WhatsApp works fine (sending photos, changing status etc.) and overall I have the feeling that there is a slight increase in performance and speed.

No Daydream though as far as I can see.

deridesign

Feb 17, 2017
Just installed it 10 min ago.

So far, it is rather smooth.

WhatsApp works fine (sending photos, changing status etc.) and overall I have the feeling that there is a slight increase in performance and speed.

No Daydream though as far as I can see.

No Daydream really???

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

FTP User: nougat_go
FTP Passwort: ZTENougattester

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Some Guy on the German ZTE Forum found a Link on the sources of the ZTE website for a 7.1.1 Version. ZTE deleted his comment very quick.
The login data are from him too.

Link: ftp://88.131.71.198/Nouget%20Go/Firmware/7.1.1/20170301/update.zip

I saved the link only.

Seems like they changed the Login. Doesn't work anymore

iNaruX

Jun 29, 2012
I can, yes. But it might take a while as my upload speed is not that high.. :(

Please do so, I would appreciate it as I can mirror it on my server pretty quickly.
I highly doubt that that 7.1.1. release would be final.
My guess would be an internal testing build or perhaps a beta version for the previous beta testing team.

Yes, but I would still love to have it running, it has the latest security patch. It's probably on the same level as the Chinese 7.1.1 release.

There are too many speculations. I think that the only difference between the models is the modem and a couple of bloatware apps. That's it.
That "beta" is literally taking longer because of EU regulations, the 7.0 release we are getting is from 24.01.2017!. It's ancient.

They probably took the B15, re-branded it as B01 or something and slapped their modem/apps onto the software.

xAvaskarx

Mar 8, 2017
Please do so, I would appreciate it as I can mirror it on my server pretty quickly.

Yes, but I would still love to have it running, it has the latest security patch. It's probably on the same level as the Chinese 7.1.1 release.

There are too many speculations. I think that the only difference between the models is the modem and a couple of bloatware apps. That's it.
That "beta" is literally taking longer because of EU regulations, the 7.0 release we are getting is from 24.01.2017!. It's ancient.

They probably took the B15, re-branded it as B01 or something and slapped their modem/apps onto the software.

I'm on it. Will post when its ready.

So far everything runs smooth. But if it is indeed the US' B15 version as a base I'll look at the performance again in a few hours.
Sadly there is no Daydream yet, so my Daydream View has to gather some more dust on my desk :S

On the other hand it could be a good sign that there is already some testing out on the 7.1.1.
Maybe we will get that update a little bit faster...

mischa_martin

Apr 12, 2011
Frankfurt
I'm on it. Will post when its ready.

So far everything runs smooth. But if it is indeed the US' B15 version as a base I'll look at the performance again in a few hours.
Sadly there is no Daydream yet, so my Daydream View has to gather some more dust on my desk :S

On the other hand it could be a good sign that there is already some testing out on the 7.1.1.
Maybe we will get that update a little bit faster...

Have you searched for daydream in the play store?
Maybe you can install the app from there like on LOS.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks a million for letting us know. Hopefully, this news will calm some of the frustrated users. ;)
    I will never understand these crying zte axon 7 users.
    It is quite a normal thing, that rom OTAs arrive different countries in different months.
    Just look at Samsung, HTC, LG.
    But some axon 7 users think that paying half of the price of a flagship price, is bringing them the best and fastest software developing company with 60.000 software engineers, coding the next android version. [emoji1]
    This time zte proofed that they are faster than many other companies and that they are willing to bug fix users reports.
    I've been using the leaked 7.1.1 Nougat and found this:
    https://imgur.com/SKjb5mv
    They implemented the double tapping Powerbutton to start the camera. Didn't find this in the settings directly, but if you type in ,,Display" or in German ,,Bildschirm" in the search menu in settings, it will show you the double tap to camera function.
    Greetings from germany
    I'm beginning to doubt will get it until tomorrow.
    Apparently ZTE once again not capable of keeping their promises.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One thing i DO hate about android is the whining people on forums (esp XDA and reddit).
    ZTE has delivered way more then say, samsung or many other OEM's and are WAY better then any of the "small" oems flodding the market.

If it was up to one guy at ZTE it would probably be done now, but alas there are more people involved then that.

Imagine the COMPLAINING on forums if they released the update tomorrow, just to meet a deadline set by a twitter post, and then the update bricks 10% of the devices and breaks radio for the remaining people.

7.1.1 does not work on my device on my network with my sim cards, so yeah i rather not see them release the current version. Fixing buggs in radio and other software is a pain in the ass and you sir has no right to complain.

If 7.1.1 is so importaint for you go and buy a pixel. But 7.1.1 will not make your phone perfect. After Android 5.x the updates has not really made a bigg difference for the use of a device - most aspects of a device is not affected by software alone. It wont magicly turn into a S8 or iphone 7 because of a update.

I have been on XDA since forever and this kind of whining has existed since ever, and no OEM is better then anyone else.
    Over here.
    http://penlane.me/fileserver/uploads/leaked_711_a2017g.zip
    But I wouldn't recommended it because may having sooner or later several issues with biggest and most annoying the play store issue.

ZTE announced that that will released a new one 7.1.1(B02) version with several bug fix and improvements.
    http://www.ztemobile.de/forums/reply/6356/

Here's the official statasment by ZTE.

"Dear Z-Community,

Thank you for your lively feedback. We are in close contact with our development department, which is already working on the improvement of existing faults. We are confident that we will be able to solve them soon.

Google Playstores: There is a problem with the Google Playstore, which prevents apps from being downloaded and / or updated. This problem can be solved temporarily by following these steps: Open Playstore -> Settings -> Automatic App Updates -> Do not allow automatic app updates. Then go to the System Settings -> Apps -> Google Play Store -> 3 points on the top right -> Uninstall Updates. These steps reset the playstore to factory defaults. Apps and app updates can then be reloaded correctly. Please note: as soon as the Playstore is updated automatically, you have to repeat these steps. This is not a permanent solution, but the problem is definitely fixed with our next update. That means that with the next update on Android 7.1.1. B02 of the Playstore again as usual, will work without problems.

What bugs are fixed with the next version?
    1. As mentioned above, Google Playstore will work again.
    2. Dolby ATMOS settings will again be problem-free usable.
    3. Whatsapp performance issues are fixed.
    4. The transmission of the call ID can be set manually.
    5. Optimization of the standby time
    6. Revision of the German translation
    7. Certification errors

The new update will appear very soon and will also bring new features:
    1. Android launcher 3
    2. RAW format for the camera

Thus the version B02 of Android 7.1.1. Make massive improvements and solve the bulk of your problems.

Thank you for your understanding and hope your Android 7.1. And Daydream by Google can finally enjoy the fullest features.

Your Z Community Team''

Better stay at 6.0.1(B11) as it is very stable,smooth and bug free most of the case.

The update already came today,and it fixes everything.

;)
    I sure hope they will release full 7.1.1 along with the OTA when it's official, cause I am on beta 7.1.1, and is questionable whether this OTA wil work on beta 7.1.1.

Well if not receiving official 7.1.1 via OTA on beta 7.1.1 simple we perform downgrade to 7 and will receive it.

That's gone do as I'm on 7.1.1 beta right now.

BTW I have to say credit to ZTE because we can do very very easily downgrade to whatever version we want.

All other OEM the downgrade progress is more complicated and there's always a risk for bricking the device via flashing on third party tool for example ODIN with Samsung.