With all the news I will have to rework a little bit the OP. It is growing too much. And now with separated Treble and non-treble B12 kernels it is a little more complicated. I will structure the guide in different steps in different posts. For beginners, junior and senior levels. So any user could stop at any point.
On the other hand, I have prepared an EDL package including the good and reliable RR-O-20180511. In a single flash this package:
- installs TWRP 3.2.1-7
- installs N-O Bootstack (B32+B10)
- removes unlocked bootloader annoying warning message.
- installs hyper-stable Resurrection Remix Oreo 2018.05.11 rom
- installs recommended google apps (ARM64, 8.1, micro)
- installs recommended kernel HellsGate v3.0
- installs magisk root 16.7
- creates vendor partition to treblerize your phone, this way it will be futureproof.
- formats vendor partition as ext4 filesystem to complete the previous task.
- And the guide in the OP also helps you to format data as f2fs in case you haven't done it already.
To install it just follow the intructions for the initial EDL package in the OP. This is the best ROM I've had for the Axon 7. Everything works except for the dual SIM and HDR+ (however HDR works fine). This will be the safest ROM to flash, since B12 bootstack still has a huge battery consumption, memory leaks and other small issues. The previous bootstack was more stable and energy efficient. This is the main reason for releasing this pack. I hope you could enjoy it as much as I do every day.