Post Reply Email Thread
3rd August 2018, 07:36 PM |#381  
OP Senior Member
Flag East Coast
Thanks Meter: 1,086

Donate to Me
More
WoW!!!!

With all the news I will have to rework a little bit the OP. It is growing too much. And now with separated Treble and non-treble B12 kernels it is a little more complicated. I will structure the guide in different steps in different posts. For beginners, junior and senior levels. So any user could stop at any point.

On the other hand, I have prepared an EDL package including the good and reliable RR-O-20180511. In a single flash this package:
- installs TWRP 3.2.1-7
- installs N-O Bootstack (B32+B10)
- removes unlocked bootloader annoying warning message.
- installs hyper-stable Resurrection Remix Oreo 2018.05.11 rom
- installs recommended google apps (ARM64, 8.1, micro)
- installs recommended kernel HellsGate v3.0
- installs magisk root 16.7
- creates vendor partition to treblerize your phone, this way it will be futureproof.
- formats vendor partition as ext4 filesystem to complete the previous task.
- And the guide in the OP also helps you to format data as f2fs in case you haven't done it already.

To install it just follow the intructions for the initial EDL package in the OP. This is the best ROM I've had for the Axon 7. Everything works except for the dual SIM and HDR+ (however HDR works fine). This will be the safest ROM to flash, since B12 bootstack still has a huge battery consumption, memory leaks and other small issues. The previous bootstack was more stable and energy efficient. This is the main reason for releasing this pack. I hope you could enjoy it as much as I do every day.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Oki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oki Ad-Free

3rd August 2018, 07:50 PM |#382  
OP Senior Member
Flag East Coast

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EwertonR19

I used the right firmware. In the GPS take stock with excellent accuracy. You recommend me to reinstall the ROM again giving a clean flash? If yes, what I do are these:
1.bootstack
2.rom
3.kernel
4.gapps
5.magisk
6.wipe / Dalvik cache

Yes, with a clean flash everything should work fine for you. Have you checked the downloaded files? sometimes a corrupted download can create weird issues.
3rd August 2018, 08:07 PM |#383  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oki

Yes, with a clean flash everything should work fine for you. Have you checked the downloaded files? sometimes a corrupted download can create weird issues.

All files are in good standing. I'll do a clean flash and see if it has any results.
3rd August 2018, 08:23 PM |#384  
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 320

More
Oki - many thanks for your awesome work on your newest EDL RR build.
Any chance of a similar for Havoc ROM? Also maybe with OpenGapps nano instead of micro? Me likes rounded corners =)

edit: after reading your new guide's notes, sounds like it would be better to wait for the B12 to get fixed/updated before messing w/ a Havoc EDL, sadly.
Reason I asked for nano, is I am having issue now w/ Havoc & Gapps micro where my Gmail app is "stuck" at "add another email" (this after working normally for weeks) & I can't remove it as it went in as part of Google Gapps.
In nano you have to install it afterwards, but then you can control it like any other separate app then. thanks
4th August 2018, 12:36 AM |#385  
Flag SoCal

More
is the APN Fix zip required for this build?
4th August 2018, 02:24 AM |#386  
Flag SoCal

More
I am not having a good result using this EDL zip. I go thru all the step fine,moved my version modem into the main folder before flashing, get into the terminal twice to enter the commands, but then when I hold down VolUP & Power it starts to boot RR and then I get enter your Android password screen and GBoard FC messages? Completed this twice to same result. I never use any encryption, fingerprint , anything. What am I missing here?
I tried oki's original AEX EDL kit, which installed & booted, but now I have less than 1 GB of available storage to restore app. Obviously (well, now it is) it is still partitioned for treble, and now I'm stuck.
How can I restore the partitions back to non-treble to be able to restore this phone to normal?

SOLVED, forgot this important step/check, thanks to Dark Quark

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkQuark

So I am going through the process, following one of the guides. I am stuck in the middle as my /data partition is 0 size and no matter what I do it stays that way. Any thoughts? Thank you.

-EDIT-
Think I got it. Formatted to F2FS and then back to EXT4.

4th August 2018, 05:48 PM |#387  
Flag SoCal

More
I had to redo it yet again this morning, as magisk didn't install and I could not boot into recovery no matter what. This time I used the RR EDL again but didn't try to add the 2 lines via terminal, checked that data was formatted (showed as f2fs, left it)
and....it booted right up. Hopefully omitting those two lines didn't screw anything up. "updated" to magisk 16.0, all audio mods added perfectly. Thanks for the RR EDL oki.
I just gotta remember to toggle/check the data partition.
4th August 2018, 08:53 PM |#388  
OP Senior Member
Flag East Coast

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by christoophat

is the APN Fix zip required for this build?

No, it is integrated. I forgot to mention it.
4th August 2018, 08:56 PM |#389  
OP Senior Member
Flag East Coast

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by christoophat

Oki - many thanks for your awesome work on your newest EDL RR build.
Any chance of a similar for Havoc ROM? Also maybe with OpenGapps nano instead of micro? Me likes rounded corners =)

edit: after reading your new guide's notes, sounds like it would be better to wait for the B12 to get fixed/updated before messing w/ a Havoc EDL, sadly.
Reason I asked for nano, is I am having issue now w/ Havoc & Gapps micro where my Gmail app is "stuck" at "add another email" (this after working normally for weeks) & I can't remove it as it went in as part of Google Gapps.
In nano you have to install it afterwards, but then you can control it like any other separate app then. thanks

You can try clearing the app data under app settings and after that entering into TWRP and wipe cache and dalvik. That uses to solve these kind of issues you have.
5th August 2018, 04:38 AM |#390  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Got the build.prop modified and I'm good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguraf13

Q1 I have used daydream for the past few days and its working fine, just the blur is higher from not having the display flicker mode supported to reduce it

Q2 I simply changed all the values in the buildprop from axon7 to ailsa_ii since when i tried havocos it had slightly different lines

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

The fix for daydream that I've been using is to change all the buildprop values from axon7 to ailsa_ii and setting the the vr display mode from reduce blur to reduce flicker (that can be found in the settings under display). This will get you a non distorted daydream with working home and library view, albeit with more blurring when moving quickly as asop does not support the flickering to reduce blur. I only really use my daydream for watching videos so it's not much of a issue but I can imagine that you wanted to try games it could be.

Of all the stupid... I was having a permissions issue modifying the build.prop file. What finally got me around it was booting into recovery and doing some creative file moving. After switching selected values from axon7 to ailsa_ii (and I do mean selected. Doing a find replace all screws up your rom and you get stuck in a boot screen animation) I have daydream working again! Thank you for your help!

For those of you who are interested you need to leave certain values alone. Specifically:

ro.product.device
ro.build.product
ro.build.fingerprint

All other instances of axon7 leave alone. They're specific to the RR rom and you'll wind up making your phone unbootable until you modify the files back.
5th August 2018, 04:57 AM |#391  
Flag SoCal

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oki

No, it is integrated. I forgot to mention it.

It is? Well crap then, because I have no working cel service. I took off down to SD for the day, not realizing this till I needed to call someone. Was hoping all I would need was to flash the apnfix zip...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)