Name:	Screenshot_20170906-165933.png
Views:	9368
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	4264604   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170906-165311.jpg
Views:	8784
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	4264605  
The Following 60 Users Say Thank You to OrdenKrieger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OrdenKrieger Ad-Free

7th September 2017, 12:32 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
o.o this one fixes the display error for internal storage space!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kgptzac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kgptzac Ad-Free
7th September 2017, 01:34 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 895

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgptzac

o.o this one fixes the display error for internal storage space!

you sure you were using an SD card (and the phone detects it)?

Jus sayin', I'm not gonna test it for now
7th September 2017, 11:26 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 491

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by P650SE

Yay! I have never been so excited in my entire life! BTW, how do you guys know the bug for internal storage space has been fixed, or is that just purely speculation? You kinda make it sound like there's already a download available for people who want to beta test.

In my opinion nougat and oreo are the most unexciting Google OS I know. It's nice to have, but half of the first year after release devs on XDA and even Google itself trying to bring back the performance or/and battery life the OS version before had.
Not to mention the problems with Magisk etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to SilentEYE For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SilentEYE Ad-Free
7th September 2017, 11:46 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEYE

In my opinion nougat and oreo are the most unexciting Google OS I know. It's nice to have, but half of the first year after release devs on XDA and even Google itself trying to bring back the performance or/and battery life the OS version before had.

I suppose you're right. Neither Nougat or Oreo have brought significant changes, they have both been 'minor' updates with subtle changes to improve certain aspects of the OS. The last major update to Android was Lollipop, when the entire appearance was drastically overhauled from previous versions. I'm only excited because we just have to take what we're given, and any update to update the appearance and usability of Android after an entire year is a refreshing change! Even though Nougat was only a small update, it feels unbearable to me when switching back to Marshmallow without the new quick settings swipe-down; the one before the entire notification area appears. So even the small features can make a lot of difference to the overall experience! I'm still really looking forward to seeing the changes made in Oreo for myself when it comes to the Axon 7.
The Following User Says Thank You to P650SE For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift P650SE Ad-Free
7th September 2017, 05:52 PM |#6  
Querétaro
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEYE

I don't get why people say this, honestly. Just because you didn't get a visual overhaul like you got from KitKat to Lollipop doesn't mean there weren't significant changes. Visually the OS is already at a level where there's no need for a major change (it has been "ready" since Lollipop, imo; Marshmallow, Nougat, and Oreo have all had small visual tweaks but have stuck to the Material language), and most of the tweaks work "under the hood." Oreo will bring Project Treble, which may just be the most significant change in Android in the last few years. It also brings improvements on the behavior of notifications and background services or apps. It's an incremental update, yes. But it's by no means a small update.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gases For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gases Ad-Free
7th September 2017, 11:18 PM |#7  

More
@Gases
We talked about excitement.
I mentioned the problems with the new OS updates, which brings maybe more security but also many problems to custom ROMs. Furthermore there are more problems in the first months. I don't need visual tweaks.
Project treble is mainly positive for stock ROMs. We will see, in which way custom ROMs can profit of this new feature.
Background battery eating apps are no problem on custom ROMs based on LOS, if you use the internal features or external apps. But again. It's nice to have already implemented.

Finally I am always thankful for all kind of ROMs and kernels devs provide to the community. And I was always someone who donated to say 'thank you'
10th September 2017, 03:29 PM |#8  
Flag Somewhere out there.
Thanks Meter: 316

More
@SilentEYE Will this thread be used for development progress or is it just a tease thread?
10th September 2017, 06:03 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanscooter

@SilentEYE Will this thread be used for development progress or is it just a tease thread?

I am not the dev but this is probably more a promotion thread. Final builds will surely be on developement thread.
Some devs are working on oreo right now.
Let's wait and be thankful for their work.
10th September 2017, 10:42 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,493

Donate to Me
More
Here is a small update about the situation. Since the most common stuff is working im going to release this rom in 1-3 days. But don't expect to much. This rom is still WIP.

Working now:
RIL(Calls, Sms)
Audio
Most of the stuff (NFC etc.)

Broken:
Camera
Fingerprint
VoLTE (Will be probably broken until we get new blobs)
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to OrdenKrieger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OrdenKrieger Ad-Free
10th September 2017, 11:04 PM |#11  
Flag Somewhere out there.
Thanks Meter: 316

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrdenKrieger

Here is a small update about the situation. Since the most common stuff is working im going to release this rom in 1-3 days. But don't expect to much. This rom is still WIP.

Working now:
RIL(Calls, Sms)
Audio
Most of the stuff (NFC etc.)

Broken:
Camera
Fingerprint
VoLTE (Will be probably broken until we get new blobs)

Does cellular data work?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)