FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

ZTE Axon 9 Leaks! Update! For real though now!

282 posts
Thanks Meter: 85

By kountry83, Senior Member on 12th February 2018, 05:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
The New ZTE Axon 9/9 Pro has leaked! Real update proof.

Update again! For real though.

Here is some real proof of the anticipated voyage! Links for grabs:

Chinese news forum proof
http://www.myzte.cn/thread-353357-1-1.html

Courtesy of Pocketnow
https://pocketnow.com/zte-axon-9-ifa-2018

More info to come as it goes further...

What do you think of the new design and specs?

https://www.androidhits.com/zte-axon...ications-leak/

[B]UPDATE!!![/B]

The leaked ZTE Axon 9 photos are a bust!

[URL="http://www.slashleaks.com/l/zte-axon-9-leaked-out"]http://www.slashleaks.com/l/zte-axon-9-leaked-out[/URL]

To be honest I'm kinda glad in my opinion.
Looks like we might get them amazing front firing speakers after all...maybe.
Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best, I'm excited!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kountry83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kountry83 Ad-Free

12th February 2018, 05:53 PM |#2  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 265

Donate to Me
More
No headphone jack, no DAC, no front speakers, ugly generic design. No thanks. If this is true, then I'm not buying the new line of Axons. I'm sticking with my 7 until it dies, unless these leaks are a lie and has all of the above, and buying the new oneplus lineup
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Teet1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Teet1 Ad-Free
12th February 2018, 06:22 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
All is OK, but rear speakers!
Blue color is ugly.

12th February 2018, 06:26 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 761

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teet1

No headphone jack, no DAC, no front speakers, ugly generic design. No thanks. If this is true, then I'm not buying the new line of Axons. I'm sticking with my 7 until it dies, unless these leaks are a lie and has all of the above, and buying the new oneplus lineup

Where did you get the 'no headphone jack, no DAC' part? They don't say anything about that. I don't believe they will abandon those two since every Axon (not sure about the C2017, but all of the others, Axon, Axon Pro, and all of those) had the AK4490.
I've read from different pages and they don't mention a thing about audio.

Besides that, there is one thing that I love about the design. The S8, OP5T, Mate 10 pro, they all have that useless chin below, and they just add on-screen buttons. The perfect solution is either an IPhone-like screen and navbar buttons below (like an upside-down Mi Mix) or capacitive buttons on the chin just like this one (Or at least the fingerprint sensor there, like the regular Mate 10, then add fingerprint gestures).
The Following User Says Thank You to Choose an username... For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Choose an username... Ad-Free
12th February 2018, 06:58 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
What would we get first Oreo or the axon 9 ?
😂😂😂
The Following User Says Thank You to luisaet82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift luisaet82 Ad-Free
12th February 2018, 07:06 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Rear speakers kill the best of axon line, if it's real, except the processor, for me, axon 7 is still better
The Following User Says Thank You to GammaRay654 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GammaRay654 Ad-Free
12th February 2018, 07:30 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisaet82

What would we get first Oreo or the axon 9 ?
😂😂😂

the ETA is April, so Oreo. Plus the A2017 already has Oreo.
12th February 2018, 08:10 PM |#8  
Flag Las Vegas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choose an username...

Where did you get the 'no headphone jack, no DAC' part? They don't say anything about that. I don't believe they will abandon those two since every Axon (not sure about the C2017, but all of the others, Axon, Axon Pro, and all of those) had the AK4490.
I've read from different pages and they don't mention a thing about audio.

Besides that, there is one thing that I love about the design. The S8, OP5T, Mate 10 pro, they all have that useless chin below, and they just add on-screen buttons. The perfect solution is either an IPhone-like screen and navbar buttons below (like an upside-down Mi Mix) or capacitive buttons on the chin just like this one (Or at least the fingerprint sensor there, like the regular Mate 10, then add fingerprint gestures).

The renders lack a headphone jack it seems, andl especially because of the screen. No headphone jack, no DAC
12th February 2018, 08:39 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

The renders lack a headphone jack it seems, andl especially because of the screen. No headphone jack, no DAC

I see a very tiny imperfection on the top of the phone. Look carefully there.
Plus many bezel-less phones have a headphone jack. take the s8/s9/note8 for example. i think the OP5T also has one. Apple said it was to get more space but in reality I don't think you have a lack of space on a 6" device
12th February 2018, 08:48 PM |#10  
Flag Las Vegas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choose an username...

I see a very tiny imperfection on the top of the phone. Look carefully there.
Plus many bezel-less phones have a headphone jack. take the s8/s9/note8 for example. i think the OP5T also has one. Apple said it was to get more space but in reality I don't think you have a lack of space on a 6" device

That looks too small for a headphone jack doesn't it? Very low quality pictures though...I think it might be a mic hole. If it's not up there, then I hope it's at the bottom. I just hope it doesn't have the speakers at the back side. Everything else is fine but it doesnt have the things that made the Axon 7 popular in the first place. I even remember taking a survey provided by ZTE from Newegg where I bought the phone about a few months asking me what I would want to find in a new Axon phone. A lot of the questions asked about the speakers and audio.

It makes me believe it's either some other phone in the Axon line, since the CEO mentioned there will be three Axon tiers. Tier A, B and C and maybe this could be that "midrange B" tier .

Then that makes the one with speakers, headphone jack, and a DAC the flagship Tier A pricing over $600 to $700

Which just doesn't make sense from a company like ZTE when there are so many over marketed phones in that price range like the Galaxies, people will choose those over this one simply because of how many people are familiar with a company like Samsung or even a Google device like the Pixel lines.
The Following User Says Thank You to Teet1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Teet1 Ad-Free
12th February 2018, 09:02 PM |#11  

More
Quote:

That looks too small for a headphone jack doesn't it? Very low quality pictures though...I think it might be a mic hole. If it's not up there, then I hope it's at the bottom. I just hope it doesn't have the speakers at the back side. Everything else is fine but it doesnt have the things that made the Axon 7 popular in the first place. I even remember taking a survey provided by ZTE from Newegg where I bought the phone about a few months asking me what I would want to find in a new Axon phone. A lot of the questions asked about the speakers and audio.

It makes me believe it's either some other phone in the Axon line, since the CEO mentioned there will be three Axon tiers. Tier A, B and C and maybe this could be that "midrange B" tier .

Then that makes the one with speakers, headphone jack, and a DAC the flagship Tier A pricing over $600 to $700

Which just doesn't make sense from a company like ZTE when there are so many over marketed phones in that price range like the Galaxies, people will choose those over this one simply because of how many people are familiar with a company like Samsung or even a Google device like the Pixel lines.

It's not small at all. Notice how the whole side of the phone has a frame. Our phone has a very rounded back, that's why it's so noticeable in the axon 7. But that phone has a frame, so the jack is much less noticeable. just look at it some time and you'll see that it has just the right size to be a 3.5mm jack.

They may have gotten rid of the front firing speakers. I personally don't care, I bought it for everything else - if it came out with a reasonable price (say, $500 - 550) i wouldn't think twice.
The Following User Says Thank You to Choose an username... For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Choose an username... Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)