Charging speed

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
To power up, you consume Red Bull. But your phone just needs its adaptive fast charger. Rate this thread to express how quickly the ZTE Axon 7 can charge. A higher rating indicates that it charges extremely fast.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

tele_jas

Aug 18, 2006
Mount Vernon
On Quick Charge, it's fast. On a older computer, it's painfully slow. In my car, on a standard charger, it's not too bad. I just bought a QC 3.0 charger for my car and it'll charge about 30% in my 35 minute drive home (have to test that some more).

musicdjm

Feb 15, 2011
Worcester,MA
On Quick Charge, it's fast. On a older computer, it's painfully slow. In my car, on a standard charger, it's not too bad. I just bought a QC 3.0 charger for my car and it'll charge about 30% in my 35 minute drive home (have to test that some more).

I would double check the charger port and make sure your plugging into the QC 3.0 port, and not the 2.0A port (not sure if yours has one as well or not) my Axon 7 charges about 45-50% in my 25 minutes ride home so It doesnt sound like its charging quite as fast, unless its QC2.0

maximosm

Mar 13, 2009
I would double check the charger port and make sure your plugging into the QC 3.0 port, and not the 2.0A port (not sure if yours has one as well or not) my Axon 7 charges about 45-50% in my 25 minutes ride home so It doesnt sound like its charging quite as fast, unless its QC2.0
Which car charger you have?

Στάλθηκε από το HUAWEI M2-A01W μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

0gati

Aug 29, 2016
Los Angeles
Have tried to push the battery as hard as I can while charging at the same time. The phone won't stall or drop charge thankfully. Gets a little hot but nothing like other phones I've owned (Nexus 6P would boil, OnePlus one would slowly drop battery until it died, iPhone 5s would get too hot to touch, HTC M7 would also become too hot to touch and unresponsive). If you're wondering if you can use this phone with GPS, Bluetooth, Wifi Hotspot, Data, Spotify while charging at the same time you can.

sipe1

Jul 31, 2011
B27 A2017U, From 37% to 95% in 45 minutes. 5 minutes of screen and one 5 min call during charging. I won't use fast charge often because I don't need it, battery health is more important to me.

dehemke

Oct 20, 2006
Tampa
Charging speed is very fast. Battery life is great. I usually have ~20% left after running it from about 6AM to 11PM. I did misconnect the charger dongle one night, and so was at 11% starting the day. I switched to ultra power saving mode and was at 10% at the end of the day!?!

bonk3rzzz

Oct 7, 2016
Charging speeds tbh are fairly decent. On QC 3.0 i get about 95% in about 1 hour. Nothing compared to Dash charge on the OP3, that method is insanely fast. To compare OP3's 3000 mah takes about 40~45 minutes to top off. Considering the additional 250maH on the Axon, i think the 1 hour approx charging time is good. I suppose once you get the taste of Dash charging, QC becomes less palatable :)

P.S. Axon's power saving mechanisms are actually quite good. No need for any 3rd party apps. I don't miss Greenify considering the background apps get killed when the screen goes off. So battery life being decent is a good trade off.

Last edited:

LeKeiser

Oct 23, 2016
Boulogne Billancourt
Hello :)
Question: is QC3 a killer of battery? Is charging at low amp better, or...? Cuz I read here and there that it's still better to use a slow speed charging device so that the battery doesn't heat up and doesn't wear off too fast.
What are your thoughts about that?

troy5890

Jun 14, 2014
ASUS ZenFone 6 (2019)
Sony Xperia 1 III
Question: is QC3 a killer of battery? Is charging at low amp better, or...? Cuz I read here and there that it's still better to use a slow speed charging device so that the battery doesn't heat up and doesn't wear off too fast.
If you charge it before you sleep, I would use a charger with a lower am so it can prolong the battery's life. Using quick charge 3.0 is convenient, but it will certainly decrease the battery's life over a period of time.

Before bed: Not recommended to use another adapter to charge any phone that didn't come with it, but I would use a different adapter with a slower charging rate and voltage.

When you're about to go out or etc: Quick charge 3.0

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using XDA-Developers mobile app

LeKeiser

Oct 23, 2016
Boulogne Billancourt
I use the Aukey charger. I have 2 portable QC3 and one "traditional" QC3 also. And I forgot which brand but a good one as a slow speed charger.
I thought that QC3 was different than the "old" high speed charger because it had something to do directly with the SnapDragon. The "old" high speed chargers are just sending more amps like 2A or more, while QC3 is more "controlled" so it didn't affect the battery. Am I totally wrong?

MrWilsonxD

May 1, 2016
Has anyone noticed their charging time increase by 10-20 minutes or so? Could be my imagination as I also have an op3 now..

bonk3rzzz

Oct 7, 2016
even faster than QC3.0?
Oh yes absolutely. I came from an OP3 to Axon. It's the only thing I miss about the OnePlus 3. And the ROM. And the front finger print scanner. And updates. :D

On a more serious note, Dash charge is really fantastic. As advertised. 3000 mAh takes 40 to 45 mins, but the most important feature is that it doesn't heat the phone up and using the OP3 while charging is a better experience.

LeKeiser

Oct 23, 2016
Boulogne Billancourt
Nice :)
I think QC3 is already pretty fast, so... Charging low speed when I'm not in a rush, following some (your?) advices here.
I had ordered a 1+3 and canceled when I saw the Axon7, but I had also a Dash Charger on the way and couldn't cancel that one. Too bad they're two different technologies :(
The 1+3T is... nice :D

Reactions: blackviper71

bonk3rzzz

Oct 7, 2016
I think QC3 is already pretty fast, so... Charging low speed when I'm not in a rush, following some (your?) advices here.
I had ordered a 1+3 and canceled when I saw the Axon7, but I had also a Dash Charger on the way and couldn't cancel that one. Too bad they're two different technologies :(
Yeah i absolutely hate the existence of the op3t cause it has everything that op3 didn't. And yeah don't use the dash charger with anything else unless you like watching things getting smoked up.

tennear

Nov 28, 2016

I don't trust it to keep the battery in good condition over a long time. So I use a normal charger instead.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What's the charging mA that you guys are getting at Ampere? Mine is showing 1700 mA with the default charger. Is that ok for quick charge?

It is once your battery is like 75 or 80% full. If it´s at say 50, it should be closer to 3000.
    It is once your battery is like 75 or 80% full. If it´s at say 50, it should be closer to 3000.

Yep that's the way mine works too. I don't use the original charger, I bought 2 Aukey QC3.0 chargers, and it's around 2700-3000mAh till 80%. Then it goes down to 2000 I think.
    with QC3.0 this device charges pretty fast and i really have no complains with charging